The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Mandolorian Body Armor not in Gry's Equiptment Guide?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Mandolorian Body Armor not in Gry's Equiptment Guide? Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sith'Ari Lizanthrin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Mandolorian Body Armor not in Gry's Equiptment Guide? Reply with quote

If I am blind someone pinch me and tell me what page its on.

If not does someone know
A) the canonical base stats if available,
B) if not canonical stats exist can someone point me to the best homebrew, or
C) if netiehr exists can someone more stat savvy than I (I am great for fluff text but I sometimes completely miscalculate stats) stat it out for me?

What would you describe as the game effects of Beskar (Mandalorian Iron) when used in Armor and its its purest form?

Alexis
*smiles*
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're talking about those KOTOR Mandalorian armors, then there really isnt't any in my book, and there are no cannonical stats that I've heard of. All there is is Boba's and Jango's armor...
Sith'Ari Lizanthrin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Gry want to take a stab at a NON personalized Base Mandalorian Armor that can be modified up to what we know and love?

And how about the game effects of Beskar?

Alexis
*smiles*
Revenant
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Mandolorian Body Armor not in Gry's Equiptment Guide? Reply with quote

Sith'Ari Lizanthrin wrote:
What would you describe as the game effects of Beskar (Mandalorian Iron) when used in Armor and its its purest form?

I've always treated it like standard metal with a +1D vs lightsabers (not all energy in general). It can still be upgraded by an additional +1D+1 through bonded alloys and mesh weaves, but that's technical stuff that really has no effect aside from RP.

Do I use it? No. Well, rarely. And my current campaign not yet. Beskar is about as hard to find as Mark Hamil's film career after Star Wars.

Although for the series coming out next year they should so bring him back to play Luke in the NJO... it's about 30 years later... it could work!

"The boy is plain dagnasty evil!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Karae
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only other example I can think of from the top of my head, is Jodo Kast's armour... but that opens up the debate of whether it was Mandalorian or not..

Anyway, while trawling through the archives on my PC, I stumbled across this, and am sharing it with all:

Made by Kevin Dole (1996)

Quote:
I know that some of your going to start screaming "It Ain't Canon"!!
Well, I don't want to hear it. This entire list is devoted to doing non-canon things to the Star Wars universe. We don't even get paid to bring these things to Mr. Lucas's creation.

off with the rant, on with the show:

With the fame of Boba Fett, and the appearance of Jodo Kast, the interest in the armourerd battle suits of the Mandelor Warriors have received a great deal of public interest. We, the staff of Men at Arms datalog would like to thank his Imperial Majesty, Emperor Palpatine, for allowing us to use his private collection for research into this file. We would also like to extend our thanks to the Curators of the Galactic Museum, particularly those in the Clone Wars and Arms & Armour departments, and his Majesty's Royal Guard for assisting us with our research, allowing us to actually handle these priceless suits and even providing demonstrations of their capabilities for us.

We also wish to make a point of not thanking Mr. Fett and Mr. Kast, the only people known to have Mandelor armour outside of a museum, for not assisting us with our article, rejecting our offers to pay for their time, and putting our personnel in bacta tanks. We do understand the meaning of the words "No Thank You". You didn't have to shoot at us.

First, a note should be made about the Mandelor. No one really knows where they came from or what they were. There many conflicting stories and legends, but they all agree on three points:

1. They were mercenaries
2. They were elite
3. They were good enough to hunt down and kill many of the Jedi.

They used several different variants of the same suit of armour for several different units. The issue notes are included with each suit's description.

Mandelorian Light "Scout" Armour

Following the typical pattern of the Mandelor Warriors, the light suit covered only the torso, head and arms. While heavy for its day, the light suit is about equal to the suits worn by Stormtroopers today.

Based on the surviving records, it seems that these were issued to members of training cadres, vehicle and starship crews, and non-combat support units. It contains a short range defensive laser and flame projector, light weight sensors and broadband transceiver.

It is believed that Jodo Kast's suit is a modified specimen of this armour.

These new recruits were roughly as efficient as the Desert and Arctic Stormtrooper legions. Personal equipment is believed to have consisted of a survival kit, a blaster pistol and a knife.

They remained in the training cadre for an unknown period of time, where they acted as sweepers and beaters, messengers and emergency reinforcements. Ship and vehicle crews were similarly equipped.

Model: Mandelorian Light Battle Armour
Type: personal battle armour
Cost: not for sale
Availability: nearly unique
Game effects:
Basic suit: +2D phys, +1D energy, no DEX penalties. Head, torso and arms.
Wrist laser: 5D damage, 3-5/15/25m range. Right forearm. Armour Weapons skill.
Flame projector: 5D damage, 1m diameter, 1-5m long. Left forearm. Armour Weapons skill.
IR/motion sensor: +1D PERC in darkness and/or against moving targets, ahead and to both sides.
Sensor pod: +2D Search, 50-100m
Macrobinoculars: +1D Search, 100-200m
Broadband antenna: Can intercept and decode most communications frequencies. Can patch into shipboard and vehicular communications systems.

Mandelorian Standard "Trooper" Armour

Worn by almost everyone in the Mandelorian legions, the "trooper suit" provides a great deal of protection, and a large quantity of firepower.

Issued to line troopers, junior NCOs and Officers regaurdless of their unit, and starship command crews, these suits expanded on the light armour.

Having 50% greater armour, they also contained a basic jump pack (deleted for ship board personnel), a second arm laser, more powerful sensors and an atmospheric filter. They were common teamed with a light environmental or climate control body suit for ground side operations, or with a light vac suit, similar to those worn by fighter pilots, for boarding operations. Although more of these suits were made, they are no less rare than the scout suits.

A standard Mandelor trooper was roughly as effective as the elite Storm Commandos, making them far from common troops. They carried all of the equipment used by the probationary trooper, as well as grenades, a blaster rifle and a variety of melee weapons.

Model: Mandelorian Standard Battle Armour
Game effects:
Basic suit: +3D phys, +2D energy, no DEX penalties. Head, torso and arms
Wrist lasers: 5D damage, 3-5/20/35m range. Both forearms. Armour Weapons skill
Flame projector: 5D damage, 1m diameter, 1-5m long. Left forearm. Armour Weapons skill.
IR/motion sensor: +1D PERC in darkness and/or against moving targets, ahead and to both sides.
Macrobinoculars: +2D Search, 100-300m
Jet pack: 70m horizontal, 50m vertical range. Has 10 charges, may expend one charge every other round. (Deleted from suits worn by ships' command crew.)
Eviromental filter: Blocks most harmful molecules in the atmosphere, or seal with 30 minutes air.
Broadband antenna: Can intercept and decode most communications frequencies. Can patch into shipboard and vehicular communications systems.

Mandelorian Heavy "Commando" Armour

Made for the Mandelorians' best troops, these priceless suits were issued to senior NCOs and officers, commandos, snipers and recon troopers. Twice as strong as the light suit, and more than twice as heavily armed, these suits would have cost a fortune to make. Today, the few remaining specimens would sell for as much as an Imperial Star Destroyer. They contained the best sensors of any the suits, a grapple, a very fine jetpack and a vertically fired grenade launcher.
Surprisingly, the grenade launcher used the long standard 35x40mm shells, the same as used in the popular Zone Control line, which should be familiar to all our readers.

It is widely believed that Boba Fett uses one of the suits.

The Mandeloran Super Commandos were among the best troops ever, almost as, if not as, good as His Majesty's Royal Guard. They carried and used whatever the mission called for and was available. It is a pity that the Jedi exterminated these noble people. Their assistance would be greatly appreciated in these times of open revolt against the lawful government of the galaxy.

Model: Mandelorian Heavy Battle Armour
Game effects:
Basic suit: +4D phys, +3D energy, no DEX penalties. Head, torso and arms
Wrist lasers: 5D damage, 3-5/25/50m range. Both forearms. Armour Weapons skill
Grenade launcher: 1-50/200/300m, 4 shots. Damage varies with grenade type. Fire Rate: 1/2. Uses Missile Weapons skill.
Turbo-projected grapple: Uses either a physical or magnetic grapple. 0-3/10/20m range. Mounted on the right arm. Missile Weapons skill.
Winch: Attached to grapple, has 100kg capacity (wearer and his equipment).
Sensor pod: +2D Search, 25-100m
Macrobinoculars: +3D Search, 100-500m
Sound sensor: +1D PERC in quite situations only.
Environmental filter: Filters out most harmful particles from the air, or can seal with two hours of air.

Mandelorian Powered "Engineer" Armour

This is the least well known of the Mandelor suits, as had the lowest production run. Meant for combat engineers and limited issue with heavy weapons units and commando units, these actually covered the whole body. Many of their sensors came from the heavy suit, while the weapons systems came from the scout suit. They also included high-intensity work lights mounted on each shoulder, servo-systems, a cutting/welding laser and a climate control body suit.

These troopers had to be as good a solider as his line brethren, but he also had to know how to fix and use almost any piece of machinery in existence, build field fortifications, prepare landing sights and handle explosives. All under fire. It is believed that in additional to combat maintenance and construction, they also were tasked with fire fighting and ground transportation duties, making them some of the most well rounded troops in the Mandelor Order.

Model: Mandelorian Powered Battle Armour
Type: personal powered battle armour
Skill: Powersuit Operations
Game effects:
Basic suit: +2D phys, +1D energy, arms and legs. +3D Physical, +2D Energy, head and torso. -1D DEX and all related skills
Servo systems: provides +2D to the Lifting skill and all STR based damage rolls.
Wrist laser: 5D damage, 3-5/15/25m range. Right forearm. Armour Weapons skill
Cutting/welding laser: variable damage (3D Character scale to 5D Walker scale), 25cm range. Mounted on the right arm, uses Melee Combat, Moderate difficulty.
Macrobinoculars: +2D Search, 100-500m
High-intensity worklights: mounted on each shoulder.
Environmental filter: Filters out most harmful particles from the air, or can seal with two hours of air.
Climate control body suit: provides comfortable operating conditions in extreme heat to moderately cold environments. May be pressurized for vacuums ops. (treat as pilot's vac suit.)

Mandelorian "Boarding" Armour

We are most gratefully in the debt of our beloved Emperor for allowing us a chance to examine this so-far unknown specimen of Mandelorian armour. Believed to have been in the final stages of evaluation at the time of the Order's destruction, these ten powered armour suits are based on the engineer's suit. Carrying a powerful sensor suite, thrusters and heavy weapons, these would have been murderously efficient in space boarding. There is little doubt that these suits would have been reserved specialized missions only.

Model: Mandelorian Powered Battle Armour
Type: personal powered battle armour
Skill: Powersuit Operations
Game effects:
Basic suit: +3D phys, +2D energy, arms and legs. +4D Physical, +3D Energy, head and torso. -1D DEX and all related skills
Servo systems: provides +2D to the Lifting skill and all STR based damage rolls.
Wrist lasers: 5D damage, 3-5/25/50m range. Both forearms. Armour Weapons skill
2 mini-missiles: speeder scale, does 5D damage. Range 0/1/2 (25-50/100/200). Carried on either side of the thruster pack.
Turbo-projected grapple: Uses either a magnetic grapple. 3-12/30/100m range. Mounted on the left arm. Missile Weapons skill.
Winch: Attached to grapple, has 100kg capacity (wearer and his equipment) (in 1G).
Cutting laser: does 2D+2 starship scale damage, 25cm range. Mounted on the right arm, uses Melee Combat, Moderate difficulty.
Thruster pack: provides space move of 1.
Sensor pod: uses Sensors skill. Passive 1/0D, Scan 2/1D, Search 4/2D.
Macrobinoculars: +3D Search, 100-500m
High-intensity worklights: mounted on each shoulder.
Environmental systems: Provides air, power and climate control for up to 5 hours.

Any words in italics, I've added for clarity.
Sith'Ari Lizanthrin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karae are those from the Ultimate Guide to Mandalorians? Is it worth downloading?

Alexis
*smiles*
Karae
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea.

My document is a word document, and in the same folder, I have a text document of more armour by the author, which appears to have come from a webpage, but I've no idea more than that...

I've not heard of the Ultimate Guide to Mandalorians...
Sith'Ari Lizanthrin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well since no one has it here, now you do!

I present someone's Ultimate Guide to Mandalorians. Well done with Pictures and everything, at first glance, no clue as to the "meat" yet.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EZZ30YQF

Alexis
*grins mischievously*
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added a permalink for you all Smile

http://vong.unbrokenfellowship.com/fanmade/mandalorians.zip

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that may have been from the Resource Pool, although I can't be certain. I do remember reading that a long time ago though (6-9 years ago?).
Karae
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a quick glance through..

The armour appears to be similar/the same, but missing some of the "Flavour" text from my document.

The one thing that has me boggling, however, is how someone could have statted them with 18D in attributes!

That's more powerful than the Duinuogwuin (Star Dragons).

The only thing that I can think, is that it must contain the 6D for heroic characters already...
Sith'Ari Lizanthrin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, indeed it does, they are just near humans with highish stat caps from what I can see, I would have listed it as 12, mayyyyyybe 13.

Thanks for the additional text, I'll add it in, then wrap it into a pdf. ^_^

Alexis
*smiles*
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could have been from this site:

http://rpggamer.org/stats.php?page=d6/d6mandalorianarmour.html

One that I've pilfered lots of stats from in the past!

http://www.box.net/shared/cn6f7sdkog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karae wrote:
The one thing that has me boggling, however, is how someone could have statted them with 18D in attributes!

The only thing that I can think, is that it must contain the 6D for heroic characters already...

Think of Mandalorians are the Star Wars version of Gurkhas. They are the deadliest "Humans" in the Galaxy. Jedi respect them in combat, 'nuff said.

Even my group with the "God's Of The Universe" campaign, where we took on Platoons (And, once, a Company!) of Storm Commandos would not mess with a single Fire Unit of Mandalorians.

We'd try to hire them after the contract, however.
Sith'Ari Lizanthrin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hence why I might increase their stats to 13 or even 14D, the more and more I read about these bad boys, the more I think they are indeed the most superb examples of humanity's potential in the galaxy.

I will go through the guide, add flavor text, cut edit and rework things til they are okie dokie for my campaign. If anyone wants a copy of the revisited UGuide to Mandalorians let me know, and yes though I am reworking someone else's project, at the end it would be a whole new kettle of fish. Because if that book has been floating for 5-6 years. And no one can recall exactly where the entire book came from, maybe its time for a new fan book about them to be undertaken. Of course it would all be homebrew. But, I think it should be "updated" at the very least.

Alexis
*smiles*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: