The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Post Your Favorite Character: With Stats
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Post Your Favorite Character: With Stats Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Spince I have them floating around a disk somewhere, when I find them I'll post a link for download here. As far as the Lightsaber template, thats 100% homemade... I'll also post that when I find it, I wanna make a couple changes to it first... As far as lightsaber .pdf/files that I got the techniques from.... um I'd have to look into it i borrowed it from somewhere. I moved most of my Star Wars files to DVD and they are on like 8-10 different disks. But I'm more than willing to share with fellow gamers.

http://www.box.net/shared/cn6f7sdkog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Doomhead, I look foward to seeing the stuff you've created.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose one of my favorite characters was one I played for an alternate or infinities style campaign in which we played the Imperial characters. My character was Kren Tagge, a shuttle pilot. He had a second identity that was hidden even from the other members of his team, Darth Malice.

It was a lot of fun playing as a Sith character that couldn't be overt with any kind of display of using the Force. In the end, his anger, and rivalry with Lord Vader got him killed at the hands of the Dark Lord of the Sith himself.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Xynar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The character that I am presently playing in a campaign. I have an old character that is simply disgusting as far as a Jedi is concerned and has a ton of great skills to boot. I doubt that I'll post him.

Quote:
Name: Tybor Matrix
Species: Human Gender: Male Rank: Commander

Dexterity 3D
Blaster 4D, brawling, dodge 4D, lightsaber 8D+1, melee combat 4D, melee parry 4D, running, vehicle blasters 3D+1

Knowledge 2D+2
Alien species, bureaucracy 3D+1, business 3D+2, intimidation 3D+1, languages 3D, planetary systems 3D, scholar 3D, scholar: Jedi Lore 5D, survival 3D, tactics 4D, tactics: capital ships 5D, tactics: starfighters 5D, willpower 5D+2

Mechanical 2D+2
Astrogation 4D+2, beast riding 3D, capital ship piloting 3D+2, capital ship shields 3D+2, communications 3D, repulsorlift operation 3D+2, sensors 3D, space transports 3D+1, starfighter piloting 4D, starship gunnery 3D, starship shields 3D

Perception 4D
Bargain 4D+1, command 5D+2, con 5D, hide, investigation, persuasion 4D+2, search 4D+2, sneak

Strength 2D
Climbing / jumping 4D, stamina 2D+1, swimming

Technical 2D+2
Blaster repair 3D, capital ship repair 4D, computer programming/repair 3D+2, droid programming 3D, droid repair 4D, first aid 3D, lightsaber repair 5D+2, repulsorlift repair 3D+1, security 3D, space transports repair 3D, starfighter repair 3D+1

Control 8D+1
Sense 8D+1
Alter 8D+2

Force Powers:
Control: absorb/dissipate energy, accelerate healing, concentration, control disease, control pain, detoxify poison, emptiness, enhance attribute, hibernation trance, reduce injury, remain conscious, resist stun
Sense: combat sense, danger sense, instinctive astrogation, life detection, life sense, magnify senses, postcognition, receptive telepathy, sense force
Control and Alter: accelerate another’s healing, control another’s pain, transfer force
Control and Sense: farseeing, lightsaber combat, projective telepathy
Sense and Alter: dim other's senses, lesser force shield
Control, Sense and Alter: affect mind, force harmony

Focus: 1D
Illusion: 1D+2

Shadow Powers:
Focus: regeneration
Illusion: mask self
Focus and Illusion: shadow walk

Special Abilities:
Natural Kinetic - Tybor gains a +5 bonus to all Force powers that are based in telekinesis.

Force Points: 14
Character Points: 2
Move: 10

Equipment:
blaster pistol 4D (3-10/30/120; 100), two sets of clothes, R2-E0, Mk-11 Droid Diagnostic, Universal Power Adapter, spacers chest, cold environment clothing, krayt arms gear, 2 lightsaber (5D), 6,150 credits, Military T-47 Airspeeder, stormtrooper armor, sensor pack, autoblaster carbine, droid tool kit (+1D droid repair), ETA-5 starfighter, 2 cortosis weave swords (STR+5D), bubble cloak

Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the deal with the Focus, Illusion and Natural Kinetic stuff?

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Xynar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gamemaster had a different path for another character and created a new force like template. I think he got it from the Amber novels. The kinetic ability is just a special ability that we worked out. Like ambidextrous and such. He assigned the +5, I was just looking to make things different and interesting.
Xynar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated:
Quote:
Name: Tybor Matrix
Species: Human Gender: Male Rank: General

Dexterity 3D
Blaster 5D, brawling, dodge 4D, lightsaber 9D+1, melee combat 4D, melee parry 4D, running, vehicle blasters 3D+1

Knowledge 2D+2
Alien species, bureaucracy 3D+1, business 3D+2, intimidation 3D+1, languages 3D+1, planetary systems 3D+1, scholar 3D, scholar: Jedi Lore 5D, survival 3D, tactics 4D, tactics: capital ships 5D, tactics: starfighters 5D, willpower 5D+2

Mechanical 2D+2
Astrogation 4D+2, beast riding 3D, capital ship piloting 3D+2, capital ship shields 3D+2, communications 3D, repulsorlift operation 4D, sensors 3D, space transports 3D+1, starfighter piloting 4D, starship gunnery 3D, starship shields 3D

Perception 4D
Bargain 4D+1, command 5D+2, con 5D, hide, investigation, persuasion 4D+2, search 4D+2, sneak

Strength 2D
Climbing / jumping 4D, stamina 2D+1, swimming

Technical 2D+2
Blaster repair 3D, capital ship repair 4D, computer programming/repair 3D+2, droid programming 3D, droid repair 4D, first aid 3D, lightsaber repair 5D+2, repulsorlift repair 3D+1, security 3D, space transports repair 3D, starfighter repair 3D+1

Control 8D+2
Sense 8D+1
Alter 9D+1

Force Powers:
Control: absorb/dissipate energy, accelerate healing, concentration, control disease, control pain, detoxify poison, emptiness, enhance attribute, hibernation trance, reduce injury, remain conscious, resist stun
Sense: combat sense, danger sense, instinctive astrogation, life detection, life sense, magnify senses, postcognition, receptive telepathy, sense force
Control and Alter: accelerate another’s healing, control another’s pain, transfer force
Control and Sense: farseeing, lightsaber combat, projective telepathy
Sense and Alter: dim other's senses, lesser force shield
Control, Sense and Alter: affect mind, force harmony

Focus: 3D
Illusion: 3D

Shadow Powers:
Focus: regeneration
Illusion: mask self
Focus and Illusion: shadow walk

Special Abilities:
Natural Kinetic - Tybor gains a +5 bonus to all Force powers that are based in telekinesis.

Force Points: 16
Character Points: 0
Move: 10

Equipment:
blaster pistol 4D (3-10/30/120; 100), two sets of clothes, R2-E0, Mk-11 Droid Diagnostic, Universal Power Adapter, spacers chest, cold environment clothing, krayt arms gear, 2 lightsaber (5D), 6,150 credits, Military T-47 Airspeeder, stormtrooper armor, scout trooper armor, sensor pack, autoblaster carbine, droid tool kit (+1D droid repair), ETA-5 starfighter, 2 cortosis weave swords (STR+5D), bubble cloak

Still playing. Next session, we take out Jabba, maybe. (Alternate timeline)
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amber novels? + Shadow powers? please elaborate.
Xynar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could. The GM is still keeping these in the dark so to speak. This is what I know. Regeneration is an automatic thing. The higher the Focus, the more/quicker regeneration (limbs and organs too!). Mask self can distort and change facial features and clothes. It can also be used to hide your Force presence. Shadow walk is used to walk into a shadow realm or as a teleport. I haven't been able to do it on my own yet so I don't know what my limits are.
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep us informed, you must.
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not sure where or when but luke skywalker ran into a group of force users who could cloak their force presence, they where trying to get home as i recall but were a non hostile race who did not wish to be caught up in galactic politics they also had a type of visual force invisibility and the ability to create verious other illusions ad they taught skywalker some of there powers in return for his help. I wish i could remember more specifics sorry.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostboy wrote:
Im not sure where or when but luke skywalker ran into a group of force users who could cloak their force presence, they where trying to get home as i recall but were a non hostile race who did not wish to be caught up in galactic politics they also had a type of visual force invisibility and the ability to create verious other illusions ad they taught skywalker some of there powers in return for his help. I wish i could remember more specifics sorry.

Black Fleet Crisis, and the Fallanassi. Their powers and such are detailed starting at p.56 of Cracken's Threat Dossier. It should be noted that WEG recommends that players not have access to their abilities.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
YodaWI
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of our groups favorite NPC's was a news reporter in the Elrood System named Thunder Storm. I know it sounds cheesy, but my brother, the GM, came up with a great tagline that he always closed his holonews broadcasts with, "and remember, whenever there's a storm, there's Thunder!"

The character was a great way to fill in some story and to show how the characters and events have impacted the planet/sector/etc.
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting idea. Consider that swiped.
Jedi AlanRocks
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was participated in a campaign where the PC's (3 of us) were in a band and we went across the Galaxy chasing women and trying to land a record deal. We would eventually be recruited by both Imperial and New Republic Intelligence services to do 'side jobs' after a concert. We were never famous, more of a struggling bar band type thing. Our game master made advancing skills tougher than the rules, but I always liked that because let's face it, once you're at 8D there's really no one to stand in your way. Maybe not every game master has issues with a 19 yearold General- but mine would never have allowed it. We always assumed it took years and years of intense study and training to get around 8D in any skill. It was a great campaign and I really liked my character:

Nalroni Muscian (See Planets of the Galaxy, Vol 1. Basically, he looks like a giant rat)

DEX 2D+2
Blaster 5D+2
Dodge 5D+1
Thrown weapons 3D

STR 3D
Melee 5D
Brawl 6D
Climb/jump/swim 4D+2

Perception 4D+1
Streetwise 6D+1
Gamble 4D+2
Con 5D
Persuade 5D+1

Knowledge 3D
Clutures 4D (Music 5D) (helped to know what kind of music the locals liked)
Planet systems 3D+2

Mech 2D
Starship Pilot 5D (I was the pilot)
Starship gunnery 3D (I wasn't the gunner)
vehicle Pilot 3D+1
Speeder bike 3D
Percussion 3D+2 (Nalroni drumkit 4D+2)

Tech 2D+1
Demolition 4D (I loved blowing things up)
Starship repair 3D
musical instrument repair 3D+2

Equipment:
Brick of explosive, 10 remote detonators, 10 timed detonators,
hold out blaster, vibro-knife,
drumsticks, drumkit, assorted tools and spare parts for the kit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: