The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Building a Hangar for Speeders in Starship
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Building a Hangar for Speeders in Starship
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Attu
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Building a Hangar for Speeders in Starship Reply with quote

I'm GM'ing a group consisting of 3 CPs. One is a Smuggler with a modified YT-1300 and the other 2 are firing the lasercannons at the enemys. The newest addition to our group, the 4th CP, is a car-nerd (especially 'german-sports-cars'). He wants his own speeder. And theres the problem: my campaign does not take place on one planet. So he thought about modifying the YT-1300s cargo bay that it could contain a speeder. And favourable a speeder for 4 persons (my group).

So i have some questions:
1. Is the Hull of a YT-1300 big enough, if they rip everything apart? Like greatly increasing the cargo capacity. And how many metric tons would a speeder take, if you can measure it that way?
2. The entrance: How can you get the speeder inside the ship?
3. Which speeder is the 'right one'? I mean it should be great enough for one chauffeur and at least 3 passengers and have to be be small enough to fit in the ship.
4. How much will it cost?

Thanks for your answers.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have time right now to answer all your question properly, so I'll tackle what I cann and return later:

1. The 1300 has no problem fitting a landspeeder inside, provided it's not a YT-1300p, or Passenger Configuration. No need to tear much up.

2. Well, there IS a cargo ramp, but you certainly could devise other mean, probably faster means to eject your speeder.

3. Will get back with that.

4. Dunno

Last edited by Gry Sarth on Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
schnarre
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cargo Ramp is the obvious way to get landspeeders onboard the ship; freighters such as the YT-1300 have noe difficulty accomodating such vehicles. The Stock Ships book has interior layouts so you can see which freighter models have the best carrying capacity.

You can, in all likelihood, use measurement for existing vehicles (such as a VW Beetle)to deal with size matters.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for which speeder, I would suggest the SoroSuub XP-291 Skimmer. It fits 4 people, has good all-around ratings, and at 6.5 meters long, should fit inside an YT-1300 with just a little adjustment of the wall configuration. And if you want to tease the car-nerd, you can slip him knowldedge of the Caelli-Merced Sandpopper (Merced... a german speeder right there) so he'll probably set it as a goal to obtain this elite vehicle. Not only it's an airspeeder, which would give him much more versatility, but it's hip, handles well, and best of all, it's shielded and armed. Though at 9 meters long, you'll have to tear all the compartments on the YTs cargo section.
Attu
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your answers.
I didn't expect the cargo ramp to be big enough for a whole speeder. And my main problem is, that i don't have much Sourcebooks. Only the ones from this forum, Galladiniums and Wookieepedia. So i have no interior layouts or deckplans. The deckplans from wookieepedia have no scale which makes it hard to measure the sizes of a cargo-ramp or -bay. And the idea of faster ejecting into the fray sounds great!
I just searched for the speeders in the Sourcebook. The XP-291 should be enough for the beginning. However the Mercedes - ohwee!
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No dekplans? Let's fix that in a jiffy!

schnarre
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a million Gry. Once again our resident genius has come through! 8)
Attu
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the plan. I'm fortunate to see how my PCs will implement it in their ideas. That'll be great!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: