The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Something I have in the works...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Something I have in the works...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KierlanVass
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Something I have in the works... Reply with quote

Here is something I have been working on.... Its based on whats visible from the front end of a ship in the tramp freighters book.

I chose Kuat yards because it looks a little like the Phoenix light pinnace but it definitely has a Corellian feel to it. Im not sure how the measurements figure out, whether the cargo space is as big as I say it is, so consider it a first draft.

Model: Kuat Yards SX50
Class: Capital
Length: 60m
Crew: 4-6
Passengers: 9
Cargo: 100mt
Consumables: 1 Month
2x Hyperspace Drive
Maneuverability: 1D+1
Sublight Speed: 30
Hull: 3D
Shields: 2D
Sensors Active: 25/1D

Weapons:
1 Light Turbo Laser
Scale: Capital (although this could be starfighter...)
Range: 3-15/35/75
Damage: 2D+1

2 Concussion Missile Tube
Scale: Capital
Range: 2-12/30/60
Damage: 9D
Magazine: 30

1 Tractor Beam
Scale: Capital
Range: 1-5/15/30
Hold: 2D-4D

The idea is that there are two decks. The cockpit is the window right at the front and is designed for comfort, kinda like the cockpit picture for the Pulsar Skate. Behind that is passenger seating and the lounge area. Underneath the deck is a stowaway quarters system. You open a hatch, and climb down into your room. This could also double as escape pods. There is an upper level crawl space up by the main turret for the gunner. The pimple underneath the nose of the ship is what I have designated as the tractor beam. i had envisioned the ship being useful for pirates. The beam draws alot of power from the other systems so is either very weak or is used in place of shields and or weapons.

The cargo bay would resemble something of Josh Weadon's Firefly, with a step and steel frame balcony system leading upto the main walkway to the bridge and living quarters.

I am working on the other views and deckplans now.

Enjoy!
KV

Last edited by KierlanVass on Wed May 28, 2008 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lor-Pbk
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Very Happy Laughing CHEER Laughing Very Happy Smile

I applaud your creativity. I love original designs for ships and am looking forward to seeing the other drawings you have for the ship.
KierlanVass
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so it gets a little rougher from here on out (this is the point where my artistic skills fail and things are left to the imagination...)

The first image is the 3D attempt. All is good until you get to the turbo laser battery. The thing should be a little larger. The engines are stacked in threes on the side, with one on top. The circular object on the side is (now) representative of the missile launcher.

The second image is for the deckplans. As mentioned before, the ship will have two decks, the main deck and a lower deck that will house the quarters.

At the top is the bridge, two piloting stations and couch style seats behind for passengers. On the sides of the bridge are observation areas (represented on the 3D image by the secondary window). These could be modified to house a briefing area or Captain's office.

Immediately behind the bridge is a walkway. On the side of the walls are hatches cut away at oblique angles (imagine the detention block of the deathstar when Leia blows a hole in the wall). These hatches open with the aid of a switch / button and a ladder leads down into individual quarters.

Following the walkway back is a common area and toilet / shower. There is additional seating available here for a full load of passengers. The seats can be lifted and stored in the cargo bay when not in use.

Behind the additional seating is the weapon control system. The circular area represents the turret control / gunner's station. The missile racks are located here, conveniently located near the cargo bay for reloads.

The cargo bay is the entry point for the ship. The upper area of the bay contains a crane arm that can be used to move things around. A balcony / walkway allows access to the cargobay floor and the entry ramp. The entry ramp is on the bay floor on the north side of the bay. The middle of the bay opens to reveal a cargo lift for loading and unloading. The upper and back part of the bay houses engine maintenance.

The lower deck houses quarters, which are configurable by the needs of the crew. Most are double bunked with a head and study area. One quarter which is reserved for the Captain holds a single bed, shower, head and desk. Access to quarters is only via individual hatches. To access another quarter requires leaving via your own hatch and walking over to the applicable hatch.

This is it for now so again, Enjoy!
Kierlan Vass
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like well thought out designs.

And a pat on the back for not adding too many weapons. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: