The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Viable Campaign Idea??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Viable Campaign Idea??
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PsiberDragon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Viable Campaign Idea?? Reply with quote

Ok... I'm looking at running a game that is a modification of something I read in the Star Wars Online Journal #2.

Basically the rundown is this:

Episode 4: Death Star v. Rebel Fleet. Luke manages to destroy it... about 20 seconds too late... a vast majority of the Rebel Fleet is destroyed, but some manage to get away - the rebellion is crippled, but not dead.

Episode 5: Luke goes to train. Yoda senses his trepidation, but realizes that only Luke has the chance of handling Vader at the moment. Leia is busy trying to find new allies, and is captured w/ Han & Chewy. Luke faces Vader. Vader makes his offer to bring peace to the galaxy w/ Luke at his side. Luke accepts, believing he CAN bring peace, and it'll give him a chance to try to bring Vader back to the light side. Luke's condition: his friends go free...

Luke & Vader take on Palpatine. The Emperor manages to make his escape, but is not dead. Luke is now Vader's apprentice, as well as the main teacher for Vader's new breed of Dark Jedi.

Leia & Han & the rebels take advantage of the internal strife of the Empire to continue to gather their forces, and try to decide on who poses the most threat at the moment: Palpatine or Vader.

The characters come in as ordinary citizens at the moment. Smugglers, Diplomats, wanderers... Eventually, I'll give them the chance to join the rebellion, but I want them to see what it'll be like to have not one, but two voices of authority to answer to...

Any thoughts &/or suggestions?
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that does look like it could be fun Smile

adds a twist to the balance of power - but you pretty much need to either introduce another jedi to take down the family, or have the players be a group of jedi tasked to take them down (id be careful about a single pc being a jedi, as he will by definition be more important then the rest of the party...)

but otherwise that looks like a cool idea Smile

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Yak Face
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My two cents - the idea of an Imperial schism is rather exciting and opens up all maner of chaos that can be unleashed upon the players, errr, I mean galaxy. Suggestion - you would need a rational back story to determine who goes with what faction, even if only in the most general sense. To most people in the galaxy it might be like "meet the new boss - same as the old boss." The number of interesting questions is considerable. Would Thrawn return? Who (if anyone) would he join? Would different sectors of space attempt to make their own break away governments, or perhaps play the two sides against each other? Who would have time and resources to enforce the law and maintain civic order? Would the rebels fight both the Emperor and the Skywalkers, or attack the stronger of the two to maintain a balance of power that would drag out the conflict and bleed both Imperial factions, or some other grand strategy?

It should be a very enjoyable campaign to play in and to GM.
Trask
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were playing in this campaign I would be pressing for a complete purge on force users as a result of this. They're all ticking timebombs, Luke proved it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: