The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Clone Wars [theatrical release+TV series launch]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> The Clone Wars [theatrical release+TV series launch] Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarthMortis
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I suppose that would be true. But, I am a fan of the prequel trilogy, and I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of the original three episodes regardless of what the others on here have said.

-Uses the force to dodge any and all attacks on him-

Twisted Evil
"I believe the Jedi are weak so they give up their emotions. I believe the Sith are weak so they give up to their emotions. I lay somewhere in the middle, not afraid to keep my emotions, but afraid to lose myself in them." - Daroth Mortanis
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone watch the initial episodes of the Clone Wars on Cartoon Network...? I actually liked them and I'm looking forward to more.

http://www.box.net/shared/cn6f7sdkog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
K21DUBIE
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I did, not to bad thought. Although my only downside is they added humor to the series and used the battle droids to provide that. Now I know why the Separtist did not win.

Me and my kids look foward to the next episodes.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doomhead wrote:
Did anyone watch the initial episodes of the Clone Wars on Cartoon Network...? I actually liked them and I'm looking forward to more.

I don't watch much TV, and forgot to find out WHEN it was airing here Razz So, no, not yet.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched them both, and I'm glad to say I enjoyed them very much. The only flaw is really with the battle droid humor, which falls flat most of the time and takes away the menace they could pose. The opening narration is pretty annoying as well, but you only need to ignore those first seconds and get on with it. Other than that, I must say this show is shaping up to be quite memorable. There's some great development on the clones and the Jedi. The mix of prequel and classic Yoda worked wonderfuly and the space sequences are amazing.

I can see a lot of potential for mining this show for adventures. The escape pod scenario from Rising Malevolence can be easily applied directly to any campaign. I'm also happy that they are using some EU material, like Abregado. However, I found it a bit odd when Plo Koon stepped into vacuum, his planet's atmosphere consists of helium and some other unique gas, I don't see how he could survive in vacuum, even for a brief period. His mask has been described as being a filter, not an atmosphere supply. The clones in vacuum was also a bit odd. Those armors were never mentioned to be sealed or to contain air supply... Anyway, nitpicking, I know, but that's what we're supposed to do, isn't it?

Bottom line is, I'm looking forward to next week's show, and also rewatching these first two.
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I taped both of them... I liked the second one more, mainly for the cool space battles... I'm defiantly looking forward to the rest of the series! The separatist ship with Ion cannon super weapon was interesting. The droid humor was lame, but the shows geared towards a younger audience.

http://www.box.net/shared/cn6f7sdkog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
hisham
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved them. I don't mind the goofy battle droids. I like the idea that all droids' AI evolve into their personalities instead of being programmed into it. You can tell that although goofy, they are sociopaths.

Also, why program droids to be nervous like Threepio or rebellious like Artoo. It's better from a storytelling sense to have them pick up those traits through experience over the years.

Since, the production team are consciously attempting to tie up with the rest of the EU, what planets or characters or even vehicles from the EU are on your wish list to appear in the cartoon?
ifurin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am watching the first two eps right now. (literally typing this as i watch) and there not bad, but the droids get a little tiresome at times. and the into monologue reminds me of some of the 50's scifi shows i watched as a kid, annoying but tolerable. what i'm hoping is that we see more of some of the planets. i think enough information to do an in depth planet guide would be amazing.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I hit up Youtube and watched them after being reminded.
The opening monologues don't really bother me, they work just fine with the pulp feel of Star Wars, and what George based the movies on in the first place. The droids, on the other hand, bothered me in the movie and continue to piss me off in the show. Outside of the droids, I'm enjoying these little episodes; they're not doing a bad job.

While I recognize the desire to make jokes and add that silly comedic break in an otherwise serious setting, they've taken it too far with the battle droids and their *constant* chatter. The difference between C-3PO and R2-D2 showing personality quirks is that they were active for many many years without a memory wipe, allowing their quirks to develop... how many battle droids do you think make it through, oh, one year of service without a routine memory wipe to maintain their efficiency? Also they weren't designed (previously) for independent thought, or complex personalities... personality in a droid that was designed to interact with people by killing them is superflous, and previously was not included in their programming. But, really, the battle droids do maintain various other aspects of prior Star Wars efforts... just like the old Droids cartoon and Christmas Special... Not GOOD aspects of former efforts, but they're not far from the mark Wink

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why couldn't they have played the first four episodes! I got it Friday and just when things were really starting to get good it ended and they replayed the premire of that Secret Saturdays. I loved the Yoda episode and was getting into the Anakin-Ashoka one when it ended on what felt like a cliffhangar to me.

Wanted Poster
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, well, cliffhangers are a part of Star Wars. Just be thankful we only have to wait for one week, and not three years...
hisham
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it is a three episode story arc, much like the movie presumably. We've got two two more of them before we take the story away from the Malevolence. Next week: brand-spanking-new Y-wings! Yay!
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wooo.

I downloaded them and enjoyed them quite a bit, and must say I enjoyed the Yoda episode the most.

And like most of you, i dont like the droid humor. as ankanu said - it was starting to piss me off in movies, and now its just worse. I suppose i can look past it and still enjoy the series though Smile

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, caught the second Malevolence episode tonight. The Malevolence may have been in retreat at the end of this one, but it didn't feel like it ended on a cliffhangar. At least this one felt like some resolution was reached at the end.

Wanted Poster
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else find it interesting that Cpt. Rex's squad is the 501st?

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: