The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

What is the most clever character you've seen played?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> What is the most clever character you've seen played? Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 6:26 pm    Post subject: What is the most clever character you've seen played? Reply with quote

I once had a player who wanted a character who was suffering from amnesia.

I told him to write up what his character does remember in great detail. I took his description home and read it very carefully. I decided how much of his memory was correct and how much was not. The next game I handed him a mostly blank character sheet and told him I would tell him what his skills were when he used them; that I know his character's background, but what he wrote may or may not be correct. I added an Imperial wanted file with his picture on it to his data pad. It came up the first time he used his data pad, but the file itself was incomplete.

He loved it. He was as surprised as everyone else when he broke the wookie's nose in a friendly toussle. (The wookie rolled a one.) "Record (A)Martial Arts 3D as one of your skills..."

Last edited by Volar the Healer on Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rexer
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a pretty cool idea. Sounds like you guys handled it pretty well and it turned out to be a lot of fun.
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did that last weekend! I told the GM that my character only remembered waking up in an alley on Corellia with some pretty serious wounds. Everything up to that point was a total blank. The adventure took place about 6 months after that incident. My character had been working for a bounty hunter agency since that time. The GM came up with a really awesome adventure. My character (bounty hunter) was hunting a woman who was suspected of being a Rebel. As it turns out, the woman was my character's wife! She thought my character was dead. Let's just say that it turned out to be a very interesting adventure! Very Happy

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Loc Taal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played with a guy who used the kid template for his character. His character was a teen-ager with no real combat skills, just kinda an average kid. He also had a pet monkey (the Star Wars version of a monkey, I foget what it was called Smile ). He ended up rescuing our entire group of mercenaries/bounty hunters from an Imperial prison. He turned out to be a really cool character. Very Happy

Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my first character was a kid/young jedi... it was horrible... i couldn't do anything
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Auron, You're saying the first kid/young Jedi you ever played-who couldn't do anything-is the most clever character you've ever seen played!? I wonder what your director thinks of that?
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my post was in response toe Loc, and no, he's not the most clever character i've ever played.

and i'm not sure which of my many many numberous characters are my most clever... since they're all a blast to play, just some of them don't fit in the story anymore
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 3:26 pm    Post subject: The 2m pink bunny. Reply with quote

Very Happy We once had a character (who was a little nuts) who wore armour patterned after animals. He was a badger for three missions, then a bear for three missions, a rancor for three missions, etc...he had sensors in the ears and everything. He figured if he kept changing his armour the ISB wouldn't realize it was the same guy. The crazy guy appointed himself the Jedi's body guard (bunny guard?). When asked, the Jedi explained that he didn't mind, because this allowed him to keep an eye on the crazy guy.

So my Jedi found himself giving a briefing before a Rebel strike mission, all the while with this 2m pink bunny standing behind him. When he was finished with the briefing he asked if there were any questions. There was an uncharacteristic quiet until one Rebel soldier in the front row raised his hand and said "O.K. I'll bite. What's with the giant pink rabbit?" The Jedi looked at the bunny, looked back at the Rebel soldier, leaned forward on the podium and asked "You can see him, too?"

The entire game dissolved into laughter with players rolling on the floor and wiping tears from their eyes. When the director stopped laughing he said "O.K. Mark, you get a character point for that one". Laughing

Last edited by Volar the Healer on Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Laughing Crying or Very sad

that's a good idea... pink bunny, i'll have to remember that
Rexer
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!!! Laughing
Loc Taal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!!!!!! Laughing That's awesome!!!

Urhart the Fallen Angel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally love thieves because they always have great personalities, They always steal my equipment though.

Last edited by Urhart the Fallen Angel on Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Urhart the Fallen Angel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a friend as a great thief Ridar, and he stole 100,000 credits from me. he kept everything out in the open, but seeing as he was all of our commanding officer(and he had a Double bladed vibroblade, and a verpine shatter gun) nobody could mess with him. Eventually or commander died and he was our complete leader, he always ordered people to give all of their money to our forces, then steal it.
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm I would have to say my current one in Star Wars would have to be Mourg.
A bounty hunter with a trick for every occasion…even when dealing with Jedi.
He’s 5 for 5 right now. Twisted Evil
"My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself." - George Bernard Shaw
Loc Taal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds cool, Son of Fire! Can you let us in on some of the tricks he's used? The ones dealing with Jedi sound especially interesting! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: