The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Adventure Journals
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Adventure Journals Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally people are unwilling to either remove the pages from their binding or press their beloved adventure journals down onto a scanner.

Even if I did have the will to do so, I'm confident that I wouldn't have the time.
Ejacobs
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest looking at abebooks.com for used or maybe even new books. Soon as I get some coin, I plan on purchasing some books that I need/want. Check it out.

E

I am not affiliated with abebooks in any way. Just a user.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with cheshire, even if I had a scanner, I'd have to say no. I ended paying a bunch of money over time to get a full set, and I would have to destroy them to scan them. That's not going to happen.

Hunt on eBay periodically, and wait for the deals. That's basically what I did, and got them all over the course of a year. There were one or two issues that ended up pretty high ($30-$40 range), but I got most for around $15 or lower.
cheshire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got two that are doubles, and those I wouldn't mind being pushed down on a scanner, but 1) that hardly gets us close to a full set, and 2) I do not have the time for this kind of thing.
LamontCranston
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose transcribing them would be out of the question Embarassed
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LamontCranston wrote:

Considering the size of each volume, you'd be right.
Falcon79
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

masque wrote:
LamontCranston wrote:

Considering the size of each volume, you'd be right.

He is corect more or less... They are chok too full of SWD6 goodness sadly.... Sad
Xynar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to find my copy of Dragon Naturally Speaking (it may be a bit old) and scan some pics but if I find it, transcribing could begin. I would like digital copies as my books are getting a bit over used.
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LamontCranston wrote:

It is for those of us with two jobs and two kids. I'm already on ulcer medication, and I'm not looking to double my dosage (again).

If you would be willing to type out 350 pages worth of D6 material (for each journal), I won't stop you. But I don't have that kind of free time.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:

If you would be willing to type out 350 pages worth of D6 material (for each journal),

with no hope of monetary compensation!

Quote:
I won't stop you. But I don't have that kind of free time.

I've got one job and no kids, (just a wife) but I don't have that kind of time, patience, or insanity either. I don't know if I could tolerate doing that even if I was to get paid to do it.
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll tell you, it was sometimes a real challenge even working on the Force Powers book. I got lucky a few times and could cut and paste a few things, but there was a LOT of transcribing going on.
LamontCranston
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

masque wrote:
with no hope of monetary compensation!

Well if you dont have a complete set, and another person doesn't have a complete set, and you're both missing issues that the other has, then the reward would be getting ones you dont have.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, but I do have a complete set of Adventure Journals in hard copy (except the unpublished ones, which I have in pdf), having laid out a decent amount of cash and aggravation to obtain them.

I do sympathize with those who don't have a complete set, just not enough to go through further aggravation to transcribe them myself. In the long run, it's not THAT expensive to obtain a complete set, averaged over the whole set of 15. Most can be obtained at decent prices through eBay with sufficient dedication and ingenuity. There might be individual issues that are pricier, but it's still doable if one is willing to go as high as $40 or so for a few rare issues. It's evened out by the ones that one can acquire for around $10.

It took me a little over a year to get a full set, between the few (4) issues that showed up at my FLGS and eBay, but I persevered and got them all, eventually. It can be done.
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which "unpublished" ones are you talking about, masque? You talking about the mysterious AJ 16 that only existed in various note formats along with a moderate amount of art? Or are you talking about something else?
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimace wrote:
Which "unpublished" ones are you talking about, masque? You talking about the mysterious AJ 16 that only existed in various note formats along with a moderate amount of art? Or are you talking about something else?

I found 16 and 17 online. They're low fidelity scans, barely readable, but they were available. 18 is the one I find reference to as planned, but as I've never found that one, I assume that's probably the one that only exists in notes and what not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: