The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

WEG STAR WARS COLLECTION LIST
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> WEG STAR WARS COLLECTION LIST Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ziz
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Ziz wrote:
...Star Wars WEG inventory.xlsx <-- Direct download: Will not open in browser tab...

This is fantastic! Thanks for sharing your work!

Another minor update - fixed some name formatting discrepancies with the various Classic Adventures supplements.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: WEG STAR WARS COLLECTION LIST Reply with quote

OP: https://rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=77165#77165

Whill wrote:
EDIT: The above is my main WEG Star Wars RPG collection. It is composed of all core rules releases, all 1e books that were not republished in 2e form, and all 2e publications except for softover reprints and four 2e books that were republished in another form:

Dark Force Rising Sourcebook (-->> Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook)
The Last Command Sourcebook (-->> Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook)
The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook (-->> Galaxy Guides 1, 3, 5 2e)
Planets of the Galaxy, Volume Two (-->> The SW Planets Collection)

Since the original post, I expanded my WEG Star Wars collection beyond the definition above. Below are the additional books and reasons.

1987 The Star Wars Sourcebook 1e - I chanced upon and re-bought my original copy 22 years after selling it!

1990 Riders of the Maelstrom - The 2e republication in Classic Adventures 3 cuts a lot out. I already had the full-color fold-out deck plan of the Kuari Princess Mon Cal liner from the first time I had owned the module, and the copy I found to re-buy was without the map so my new copy now has the original map.

1990 Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters 1e - I also got this for the stuff left out of the 2e version of this book.

1993 Planets of the Galaxy, Volume Three - This is partial duplication of The Star Wars Planets Collection compilation book, but I will run this campaign and got it for the convenience of it being its own book without the other two volumes.

The following aren't RPG books, but I got the '93 Miniatures Battles book because it is a mini game system based on the 2e RPG. The other two Miniatures books have variations of and additions to those rules.

1993 Star Wars Miniatures Battles (second edition)
1994 Star Wars Miniatures Battles Companion
1996 Imperial Entanglements

I got the following two LARP books below because they also have rules based on the RPG.

1996 Live-Action Adventures
1996 Gamemaster Toolkit: Live-Action Adventures

2018 FFG's Star Wars RPG 30th Anniversary Set - The return of WEG Star Wars to publication after a 20 year hiatus. Nice reproductions of the 1e Core and Sourcebook. Getting this set allowed me to "retire" my poor, beat-up original copies, sealing them in plastic.

All of the softcover books in this entire thread above are 'bagged and boarded' (magazine-sized comic book collector protection) unless they are in a boxed set. It helps keeps the paperbacks from getting warped.

Finally, I only have purely duplicate copies of two books. I have a few copies of R&E because, before 2015, I used find used copies on sale for $10-15 (and sometimes even get them on sale for 20-50% off that price). I've given some of those copies away over the years, a few to players and one to a veteran across the country who lost his copy in a flood. I still have my original copy on my RPG bookshelf, a copy beside my computer desk and a copy on my nightstand–I always read before bed so that is a backup material if I don't have anything else to read (rare), or if I think of a question to look up before falling asleep. And I got a new copy of GG6 2e because my original is worn and written in (uncharacteristically by me), so the new copy stays on my bookshelf and the old copy is also by my computer desk (a reference copy never bagged and boarded).

I edited this into the bottom of the OP. Some of this came from thread discussion and some is new. I just thought my complete WEG SW RPG collection should be noted in a single post, which was the original intention. And I specifically named the three 2e books I don't have and why, to clearly show why I still consider my collection "complete" without them (content wise).

The Jedi Master wrote:
Looking at the list, it looks a little short to me.

This dude challenges my assertion of completeness, and then leaves the site (this was his last post here).
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: