The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Search fo Boba Fett's Armor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> The Search fo Boba Fett's Armor Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gev
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: The Search fo Boba Fett's Armor Reply with quote

I have a friend, who although loves Boba Fett, isn't quite into the rest of Star Wars. She declined my offer to join the group when I told her she couldn't be Boba Fett. So, in an effort to entice her into playing, and hopefully have some fun, too, I thought it would be cool if after ROTJ, there's a rumor spreading around that dead Fett's armor is somewhere out there, waiting to be claimed by whomever finds it first. They would have to follow leads and clues, and generally tramp around the galaxy looking, all the while fighting off bounty hunters, Imperials, and maybe Mandos looking for their brother's beskar-gam. Obviously, they wouldn't end up with it, as it would unbalance play, but maybe, when they arrive at the place where it is, they run into Mr. Fett himself, very much alive and not entirely happy with our heroes. After a brief fight with Boba, he leaves and they get a piece of the armor (a gauntlet, knee-pad, or boot) or something.

Suggestions, comments, anyone?
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're going to need to do some serious justification as to WHY his armour is kicking around somewhere if you want to maintain the events that occured in ROTJ. If you recall, Boba Fett, armour and all, is inside the sarlacc in the Dune Sea of Tatooine. You'd have to address how his armour was recovered from the bowels of the beast.

Of course, by canon material, Fett does escape the sarlacc after a while and returns to hunting... but the armour stayed with him Razz

Outside of these narrative considerations, it's a great idea. The hunt for special items is a great game style and can lead to fantastic adventures. Not to mention, if they do succeed in acquiring a piece of Fett's armour, you're gonna believe that the ol' b@st@rd* is gonna want it back, leading to all kinds of adventures down the road.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Jamfke
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I'd read somewhere that Boba Fett had stashed several suits of armor all over the galaxy, "just in case". In fact, I believe it was the story of when he got out of the sarlacc pit. His armor was partially digested, I think, so he had to go and retrieve a new set.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I recall correctly he only replaced the parts that he couldn't possibly repair because he is incredibly frugal.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamfke wrote:
I thought I'd read somewhere that Boba Fett had stashed several suits of armor all over the galaxy, "just in case". In fact, I believe it was the story of when he got out of the sarlacc pit. His armor was partially digested, I think, so he had to go and retrieve a new set.

Ah yes, yes, you're right. I'd forgotten that (I'm not a big Fett fan Smile )

Esoomian wrote:
If I recall correctly he only replaced the parts that he couldn't possibly repair because he is incredibly frugal.

Which would work quite nicely for this adventure idea, I think. Especially if he intends to allow them to attain a piece of armour.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
gev
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ankhanu wrote:
You're going to need to do some serious justification as to WHY his armour is kicking around somewhere if you want to maintain the events that occured in ROTJ. If you recall, Boba Fett, armour and all, is inside the sarlacc in the Dune Sea of Tatooine. You'd have to address how his armour was recovered from the bowels of the beast.

Well, I'm sure the recounts of the event were pretty garbled, so few people actually know what went on there. The rumor could be that he died on Tatooine, but his armor was recovered and hidden by someone. The heroes could actually end up going after one of his spare suits that he has stashed away, which Fett is visiting at the same time to retrieve a new set.
shadoes
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you follow the expanded universe books however we know that Fett did not in fact die in the sarlaac.
Xynar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's always a spare suit of Jodo Kast's armor around, possibly.
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly, Boba took Jodo's armour for spare parts.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Xynar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there was anything left to take after the explosion.
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait what happened to Jodo Kast.
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Wookiepedia:

"Kast tried reasoning with Fett, informing him that he would be violating the Bounty Hunters' Creed, but Fett replied that he had done so first and ordered him to remove his helmet. As Kast moved to do so, he ignited his jetpack, sending Fett flying backwards and himself forward. Kast fired at Fett, who took cover, then attempted to escape on his jetpack so he could fight on his own terms outside. Fett fired a grappling hook at him, catching him around the ankle, then rocketed up and begin beating him. Fett damaged Kast's jetpack, causing it to overload, then fired a paralyzing nerve toxin into his neck, and Kast crashed to the ground. Fett stripped Kast of his jetpack, then removed his helmet; angrily informing Kast that he was "no one." Fett pulled off Kast's armor as he informed the bounty hunter of the dangers of taking a reputation unearned. He left Kast with three vials, one containing the antidote for the nerve toxin; if Kast had enough strength to get it, Fett said, he could escape before his jetpack exploded. Kast was unable, to, though, and the ensuing detonation killed him."

Kast was a wanna be anyways...

http://www.box.net/shared/cn6f7sdkog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i imagine that the "canon" boba fett suit was not the only suit he built, nor was it built all at once. there were probably weaker versions of his armor that were cast off as he evolved. parts of the original suits may be scattered across the galaxy, like a mk I suit, or a mkII suit, etc, or a mk I helmet, mk II jet pack, etc...
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't there another fet wanna be besides jodo, something like Nardo? IIRC it was in fragments from the rim/.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the basic idea of the first post, or at least as a compnent of an adventure.

I like to imagine that the armor Boba Fett is seen wearing in the Classic Trilogy is for the most part the same suit that his dad wore up the start of the Clone Wars when he died right before his son's eyes. The armor was portrayed as new-looking then, but in the classic trilogy it successively appears to be more beaten and battered. Sure it was repainted several times and maybe parts were replaced as needed. And sure there could have been modefications and upgrades along the way too.

If he had several full suits of armor, then why would he keep wearing the the old beaten-up one all the time? Why not make the ratty-looking ones the reserves and the new ones the primary then? It makes more sense to me if he had one main complete suit that he wore to carry the tradition of his father (the bounty hunter that Boba tried to live up to). I guess unless Boba alternated between multiple beaten-up suits when one had to go to the cleaners. Smile

In most of my multiple campaign universes, Jodo Kast was sooner or later killed by the player characters. Kast was even responsible for the first PC death of my first campaign (but the PC had taken Kast down with him).

In my 5th campaign, I created an sequel aventure to Tatooine Manhunt, expanded from the story idea in the 1E RPG about the PCs recovering the lightsaber schematics from Kenobi's home. Jodo Kast was an off-and-on nemesis of the Rebel PCs since the original Tatooine Manhunt adventure, but had temporarily lost his armor along the way. One of the PCs was an armor technician who wore a non-Mandelorian suit of armor. A non-armored Kast conned the PCs, stole that armor-wearing PC's suit, and then used it to rise to the forefront of the race to discover the location of Old Ben's. Kast was not working for the Empire this time and did get there first, and then Kast himself became the object of the manhunt by the Rebels, Imperials, and multiple third parties who were interested in recovering the data. The Rebels also wanted to get their armor back and settle an old score with Kast. They eventually succeeded.

Some of us do not adhere to the Expanded Universe's canon after RotJ, and like to imagine that Fett never returned from the Sarlaac (as George Lucas himself said he feels about his personal version of the Star Wars universe). I doubt that any of his armor could have been recovered, but maybe if a few thermal detonators were dropped in the pit, the Sarlaac may be killed and a piece of armor or two may fly out and be usable. It is kind of humerous to imagine the Sarlaac blowing up and Fett's helmet flies out and rolls around in the sand like it did in AotC, or like Indiana Jones' fedora.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: