The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Classic Adventures: Volume Three
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Classic Adventures: Volume Three
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bradiation
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Classic Adventures: Volume Three Reply with quote

Hey guys. Call for help, or possible correction.

My copy of this book arrived in the mail today. I just read through the "Tatooine Manhunt" section, and I've noticed that on page 90, it makes reference to a "read aloud" section to be read before players read their scripts, but that that section doesn't actually exist. Or maybe it does, and I'm crazy?

Anyway, does anyone have access to the missing text? Maybe in the 1st edition printing of the adventure? Or perhaps you know where I could track down an errata sheet.

Ah, West End Games. When the content is this good, who needs a copyeditor?

Any help would be appreciated.
Delkarnu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the classic adventures vol II, just the Tatooine Manhunt itself, so the page numbers may be incorrect, but if it is the "Episode One, the mission begins" page, here goes:

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

EXTERIOR: SPACECRAFT IN SPACE. The Imperial Star Destroyer Relentless docks with Kwenn Space Station.

INTERIOR: IMPERIAL STAR DESTROYER - AUDIENCE CHAMBER. Twin Blast doors slide open, revealing the dark interior of a massive chamber. An Imperial captain stands upon a high platform, flanked by lower officers. Two stormtroopers march in. They drop a manacled prisoner at the feet of Captain Parlan, commander of the warship.
"The charge," demands Parlan.
"Piracy, sir," snaps a trooper.
"Kill the scum," Parlan replies coldly.
"Wait!" screams the prisoner, "I have something to bargain with. Information important to the Emperor... inexchange for my life."
Parlan's dead eyes gleam triumphantly. "Go ahead, I'm all ears."
"Tallon... it concerns Adar Tallon..."
Parlan listens intently to the pirate's tale, then issues orders. Quietly, Ensign Dana pockets a data storage pad and slips away.
The commander issues one final order,
"Lieutenant Voor, send for the bounty hunters."
Fade to...
INTERIOR: KWENN SPACE STATION.
bradiation
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic! Thanks a ton.
hisham
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh. Tatooine Manhunt... good times.

Aside: one of the improvised encounters I made up when the PCs are in the cantina was one of the PCs roll and spot a silent unmoving armored person sitting in one of the dimly lighted booth. The PC walks in closer to investigate and bit by bit I described what seemed to be someone in Mandalorian armor like Jodo Kast or Boba Fett. The PC sneaks up to him, brandishes a blaster and starts threatening the silent figure, who sits still coolly without saying anything, which just freaks out the PC more.

In the end, Wuher (though we just called him "the bartender" in those days) yelled at the PC to stop talking to the new sculpture he just purchased. That got a lot of laughs in the game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: