The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

TOTJ Era Game: The Silent Sect
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Overview -> TOTJ Era Game: The Silent Sect Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THK
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: TOTJ Era Game: The Silent Sect Reply with quote

I would like to run a game here. Smile I’ll try to be as thorough as possible to answer questions ahead of time. Basically, here’s the gist:

Game Title: Tales of the Jedi: The Silent Sect
System: Star Wars D6, WEG 2nd ED R&E
Players Wanted: 3-6
Posting Rate: Check regularly for updates, I’d like to see one post per week, if combat becomes intense, perhaps every three days.
Special Rules: This is a Tales of the Jedi Campaign…exact year hasn’t been set, but it will take place during the times of Arca Jeth and Ulic Qel-Droma. If you’ve never played in this era before, think Star Wars meets Lord of the Rings. People are wearing chain mail, and using slug throwers, pulse wave weapons, blast rifles, lasers, and a wide assortment of melee weapons. This campaign setting predates ships with decent hyperdrives and blasters! Lightsabers for all practical purposes have just gained independent power supplies (no more having to jump rope over belt power cord while having a lightsaber fight, a nice feature).

Aside from prequel era Force Powers being added in for usage, there isn’t going to be any special rules…with one exception:

In the Tales of the Jedi Companion (sourcebook) it lists lightsaber crystals that provide varying levels of damage. We’re going to be using a damage/responsiveness scale. Basically, if your lightsaber does 3D damage, it is at +2D to hit…a lightsaber that does 4D damage is at +1D to hit, 5D lightsabers don’t have a bonus to hit, and a great saber that does 6D or 7D damage would do –1D to –2D respectively to hit.

Note: While not required, it would be extremely helpful if players had access to the Tales of the Jedi Companion (which gives lots of information on the setting, and what is available for equipment; remember…no blasters).

Advancement Rules: Advancement will be handled by character point allowance. Character points will be awarded for content of posts, and heroism in combat (this means actions, and results).

Additional Information: This is a Jedi Shadow campaign. If you want to play in the game but don’t want to play a Jedi Shadow, don’t worry. Just about every class that is offered in the Tales of the Jedi Companion (beast master, battlemaster, mystic, healer, shadow, rocket jumper, freedom warrior, and of course, characters like outlaw, smuggler, bounty hunter, failed Jedi, student of the Force, well, all of those would likely be playable with some minor equipment adjustments.

For those who may be interested but are not sold because they don’t know what a Jedi Shadow is, I’ll summarize (not to insult anyone's intelligence...its just that this might be something new for some): They’re Jedi knights who serve as spies for the Jedi Order; infiltrators who collect information on dark Jedi and other threats to the galaxy and if at all possible, try to destroy them from within.

Available Races: Anything from within the Tales of the Jedi Companion book: i.e. Vultan, Nazzar, species encountered in that time frame. For other species, there is a list of aliens that seem to have appeared in or around the timeframe we will be playing. It can be found here. This list comes from Knights of the Old Republic which takes place several decades after where we’ll be (I’m looking at having the game be right around 4005 to 4001 years BBY), but I figure its close enough.

Note: For those wishing to try out a species that has been undiscovered…That’s fine (you still have to run it by with me), but there has to be a really good reason as to why you’re amongst the stars and apart from your kind.

Game Start Timeframe: For those that are interested, I would like to start exactly five weeks from Memorial Day (May 26th 2008). I would like to have everyone who is interested turn in their backgrounds and character sheets within three weeks. If you can’t get your sheet in by the third week, again, don’t worry, I can still work you in to the game possibly at start, but more than likely down the road. If I can work you in, and you can’t get your character in to me by the third week, please keep in mind that character’s funding is based on planning. If you’re not in the third week muster, you might not get the additional funds and equipment that the early birds get. This is just some incentive to get your backgrounds and stats in to me ASAP.

Post comments, concerns, questions here (any kind of interest will do actually… Wink ). If I get a few interested folks, I'll ask admin to set me up a forum. Thanks.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man! You're overflowing with game ideas!

I'll hold off on nabbing up a spot on this one and let others play, but if you need another player later, I'll take a spot Smile

Donate to Ankhanu Press
K21DUBIE
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the book and would like to jump on this, I will start to develop the character idea.
THK
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two interested already, awesome!

There's still plenty of time for more to join. As of right now, I'm trying to get the ship up and ready. It's a Delaya Class Courier.
The ship is 70 meters long, so I don't think we're going to have any problems with squeezing six or so players aboard.
noctum_carpe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be intressted if i can think something up.

You may fire when ready
THK
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know if you want to bounce ideas off me. Since no one has really declared what they want to play, we're open for anything. Smile
THK
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy to report one character background in so far. Smile

We still have plenty of room.
THK
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few updates:

1) I have one Jedi player, and another interested in playing a Freedom Warrior. That's two, so one more and we start up in late June as scheduled.

2) The interested party in the Freedom Warrior pointed out to me that the Freedom Warrior template has attributes that come out to 20D. He dropped two of them to bring himself down to 18D. That was the correct thing to do. Please note that if your character's race is 12D, you get 18D in attributes...race 11D / 17D in attributes...13D / 19D...etc.

It's a big ship for just three people...we can take plenty more...up to six.

3) Here's a sneak peek at the inside of the ship:

The Gray Owl
K21DUBIE
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. It is pretty big for just two. I guess that means we don't have to share a room. Very Happy
THK
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, everyone should get their own room.
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was interested in possibly playing a togruta shadow character, however I didn't want to work with the template do you mind if I work a background and character sheet outside of the templates?
THK
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The templates, based on what I can see are good ideas for player characters, but are more or less guidelines. Feel free to make adjustments accordingly with the 2nd Edition R&E. Bottom line: as long as the attribute dice are in order and the equipment fits the era, you're set.
THK
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be getting some of the threads up and running this week in the Game Forum, so stay tuned. Smile
schnarre
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to have the stats & background for my Freedom Warrior in the next day or two (sorry about the wait).
noctum_carpe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to have to drop this one sorry, guys. Good luck!

You may fire when ready
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Overview All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: