The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

E-11s Sniper Rifle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> E-11s Sniper Rifle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: E-11s Sniper Rifle Reply with quote

I was snooping around on wikipedia and saw that Scout troopers can carry an E-11s Sniper rifle. Anyone have stats or an idea about stats for this?
Tem_Starrunner
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just use the basic E-11 stats (Stormtrooper One Blaster Rifle) just tweaking them a bit.

E-11s Sniper Rifle
Model: BlasTech Industries E-11s Sniper Rifle
Scale: Character
Skill: Blaster: Blaster Rifle
Ammo: 6
Cost: 3500 cr
Availability: 2, X
Fire Control: 1D+2
Range: 2-50/150/500
Damage: 5D
Game Note: The E-11s' scope is designed to interface directly with a Scout Trooper's helmet giving them a bonus (fire control) when aiming targets at or over mid-range. This bonus is lost if the Scout's helmet or E-11s' scope is removed or damaged.

Personal note: I used Wookieepedia's info of "6 shots before recharging" so took this to mean the power pack had to be replaced. Alternatively the stats could be:
Ammo: 60
Fire Rate: 1 (after 6 shots in proceeding rounds 1 round is needed for cooldown)

This change would reflect the "heavily modified version of the E-11" while still being close to the design of the E-11 and reflect the weapons "exchange for long-range power" "the E-11s could only fire 6 shots before recharging". I can't remember the weapon from Battlefront so that's why I created the different stats.
jmanski

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input.

Too bad all these wonderful toys that are listed aren't statted. There's some serious kewl stuff.

Oh well.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up the range of that rifle to 1km, then you should be good. The other sniper blast rifle has 1km range.
jmanski

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was what I was leaning to also. I figure 1000m is good for a sniper rifle, but most SW stats seem to have sniper rifles at 250-500m maximum range. I mean, with our "outdated" technology we can fire a bullet 1000m plus, so why can't a laser or blaster go 1000m?

[/rant]
Sorry, just something that has always bothered me about the Star Wars universe.
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One idea you could swipe from another RPG is that adding a scope (or electronic sight) doubles the weapon's Medium and Long Ranges (when the scopes are used).

That would help to keep Star Wars tech on a more even footing with modern/real tech. A normal blaster rifle with a sight could then shoot out to 700m, so the Empire can actually hold their own against folks with "primitive" slug throwers.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only sniper blast rifle I've seen is the MerrSonn sniper's blast rifle from rules of engagement, I believe that one has 1000m range.
Buttonz
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atgxtg wrote:
A normal blaster rifle with a sight could then shoot out to 700m, so the Empire can actually hold their own against folks with "primitive" slug throwers.

This little modification might have saved the day at the battle of endor. I guess the Emperor went with the lowest bidding contractor. Who would ever have thought the universe would be saved by care bears... i mean Ewoks.
Tem_Starrunner
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
The only sniper blast rifle I've seen is the MerrSonn sniper's blast rifle from rules of engagement, I believe that one has 1000m range.

I actually based my stats off the MerrSonn Sniper Blaster rifle which only has a range of 500 meters. The range does seem low I admit but 500m seems to max range for a blaster weapons based on WEG's stats. I think its suppose to because of something about the the blaster bolt dissipated over a certain range.

If you want a weapon with range without the loss of stopping power try a Projectile Hunting Rifle (slugthrower) from Galladinium's Fantastic Technology it has a max range of 8km with damage 5D
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I stand corrected.
jmanski

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One idea you could swipe from another RPG is that adding a scope (or electronic sight) doubles the weapon's Medium and Long Ranges (when the scopes are used).

Now that is an interesting idea.

Hhhhhhmmmmmm. . . . . . . .
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmanski wrote:
Quote:

Now that is an interesting idea.

Hhhhhhmmmmmm. . . . . . . .

The same source, used a similar rule for folding stocks and pistol stcks (something that was once common on Earth, and as the Blastech EE-3 shows, exists in SW).

Generally, most real world ranged weapons "reach" out much farther than thier listed effective and maximum ranges, but being able to hit a man-sized target with any degree of reliability is another story. Just making out a man-sized target 1 km away isn't easy.
jmanski

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is very true. I like that thinking.
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmanski wrote:
That is very true. I like that thinking.

Me, too, that's why I swiped the idea from the old James Bond RPG. That RPG has a few little rules that could be adapted to Star Wars D6 with little difficulty.

As a plus, the rule justifies Han Solo having a scope on his DL-44. It would help to offset most of the range advantage that blaster pistols would have over a heavy blaster .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: