The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Conversion - Jedi Academy Training Manual
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Conversion - Jedi Academy Training Manual Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a two questions about the conversion.

Link - Does this work in the same manner as battle meld? As in the one utilizing battle meld creates a link with others, and the bonus granted by this power is shuffled from one participant to another each round? Or does a Jedi use link to establish a link with the recipient, and only the recipient receives the bonus?

Illusion bond - At first, I saw this as doppleganger. But I read over the description of doppleganger, and I think I can discern the distinction between doppleganger, illusion bond, and even Obi-Wan "ghost ability". All the abilities allow a Jedi to see and hear others. Only Force-sensitives can see the ghost. All organics can see the illusion bond, but droids can't. Everyone, including droids, can see a doppleganger. The ghost can't generally touch objects. Same thing for the illusion bond. Dopplegangers can touch and lift objects. Am I correct in my distinctions?
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, sounds like you've got it.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
I got a two questions about the conversion.

Neat, I can deal with questions. Hate mail is what I'm less thrilled with. Smile
Quote:

Link - Does this work in the same manner as battle meld? As in the one utilizing battle meld creates a link with others, and the bonus granted by this power is shuffled from one participant to another each round? Or does a Jedi use link to establish a link with the recipient, and only the recipient receives the bonus?

My thought was that all participants activate the power to receive a bonus. With combined actions there isn't a single recipient, but that their combined actions gain more of a bonus. I should have specified that this power can be kept up. Thus it would be similar to battle meld, though not quite as difficult to establish and without as strong a bonus.
Quote:

Illusion bond - At first, I saw this as doppleganger. But I read over the description of doppleganger, and I think I can discern the distinction between doppleganger, illusion bond, and even Obi-Wan "ghost ability". All the abilities allow a Jedi to see and hear others. Only Force-sensitives can see the ghost. All organics can see the illusion bond, but droids can't. Everyone, including droids, can see a doppleganger. The ghost can't generally touch objects. Same thing for the illusion bond. Dopplegangers can touch and lift objects. Am I correct in my distinctions?

Yeah, the doppleganger creates a force-generated entity. This one just creates an image, and illusion bond just helps you sense through the image. It doesn't make a combat ready duplicate like doppleganger.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys. As such, I think I might know of an occurrence of illusion bond - Leia might have used this in Children of the Jedi to spy in that meeting the Ismarens were having.
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an alternate link for the book:

http://www.4shared.com/file/119807696/d7042904/Star_Wars_D6_-_Conversion_-_Jedi_Academy_Training_Manual.html
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a question about grenade defense - if it can be used against grenades and missiles, like we've seen it do in the Jedi Outcast and Academy games, can it be used against other things. Like knives, darts, magma missiles, firejellies, thud bugs, and other projectiles?
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess so. Why not. I'd just add a modifier is the thing is being hurled directly at you at great speed.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought so, but I don't think it would work on lasers or blaster bolts. You'd have to make a Heroic roll to use grenade defense on lasers or blaster bolts, or you need to use lesser Force shield or absorb/dissipate energy to deflect a blaster bolt without a lightsaber.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I don't think Grenade Defense can be applied to laser and blaster bolts. These are by and large energy particles, which must be a whole lot fifferent to brush aside than a physical object.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought so. Just wanted to get official confirmation.
cheshire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
Here's a question about grenade defense - if it can be used against grenades and missiles, like we've seen it do in the Jedi Outcast and Academy games, can it be used against other things. Like knives, darts, magma missiles, firejellies, thud bugs, and other projectiles?

Since this is based on a game, I'd take a look at two things... first is the game itself and then game mechanics. Could you throw back projectiles in the JK series? Yes... to a point. You could not throw back a steady stream of repeater fire, nor could you always throw back a complete volley of flachettes (depending on your force push level).

Given the way that telekinesis works (and this power is essentially just telekinesis used as a reaction skill), you would have to use it a) with an increased modifier for size and speed (as Gry had said), and additionally, you would have to make a separate roll for each projectile used while applying MAPs. Possible? Yes. Practical? Not usually.

As with many power converted from WotC, I suggest using caution before allowing this power to be used in your game.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys. I was thinking about the lightsaber-related powers, and I think I've come up with a way of converting them. Since each of these powers are associated with a specific lightsaber form, we can assume that the Jedi who knows a lightsaber-related power uses the associated form. To use the lightsaber form, the Jedi needs to know a number of prerequisites. At least that's the case using RCRB rules. Once you identify these prerequistite stats and/or feats, you can do a conversion to d6. Now granted, it's an indirect conversion to d6, since we're converting from Saga d20 to RCRB d20, then convert from RCRB d20 to d6, but it's still a conversion.
schnarre
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what I've seen Cheshire! I'll probably be incorporating stuff from this in a game I'm running.
cheshire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat. Which part?

It's always good to know that our work is appreciated. It makes it a lot easier to do them.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using some of the force powers in there. Not to mention the basic idea for holocrons, and the specialized lightsabers. I may or may not be using the Jedi & Sith armor, but I suppose that depends more on my players than anything else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: