The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Kids
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Kids Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Urhart the Fallen Angel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I suppose it would depend on what generation one is in. Because right now old people don't know anything about modern technology, but in star wars it does not seem to change that much, so maybe that wouldn't work, but I still stand by my perception theory.
Love is still the answer take my hand
The vision fades a voice I hear
Listen to the madman!'
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bottom line man is this…do what you and your group feels comfortable with.
"My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself." - George Bernard Shaw
Volo Enrunk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Training in school to do that hmm, good point but no one in star wars goes to learn there skills at a school i was saying that a 12-14 year old has the mental capacity to learn these skills if taught w/o disadvantage operating machines is a different story do to length, i mean when i was 12-13 i was putting together to scale models with functional steering etc. technical skills is the ability to find the reference document for the machine in question and being able to read and follow directions, modifications are another story but still i feel doable.
zarkempt
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah however there iis still the fact most kids are like cracked out gerbials. When i was 12 i was learning how to blow stuff up, among other things.
Volo Enrunk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

demolitions yet another beautiful technical skill.
Wookie rage
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say just put certain limits on certain attributes. I wouldn't bet knowledge would be that high so put a -1D to that one, the percep/mech/tech would be up to you. Personally I would put a -1D to maybe two of the three. As for Vader...I think he just put a bunch of attribute dice towards mech and tech. I think he compensated with Str. Think about it, he looks and sounds like he's done poorly on more than a few rolls to resist damage. Laughing

"Let's just say we'd like to avoid any Imperial entanglements." ~Obi Wan Kenobi
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see limited skill choices for kids at character creation, but not attributes. While I think a kid wouldn't have 4d strength, but what about natural high attributes such as knowledge or technical. I was the kid that programed the vcrs mind you so I know a thing or two. I would go by the template but limit skill choices to the kids background/situation.

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You where like little Anakin making a pod-racer. Wink
I do agree that they could have higher stats for certain attributes; after all we have seen Anakin build and pilot a pod-racer, and fly a starfighter.
"My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself." - George Bernard Shaw
Maximilian Bernas
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perception:
less than full strength on occasion (ever notice how a kid can miss an elephant walking by if his/her favorite TV program is on), and full on others (the kid who can notice that your fly is undone across a crowded theater [and shout it out to you across same said theater]).

Knowledge:
less than full strength, since they haven't even remotely learned everything as of yet. Very little tact, and often either no willpower or overly stubborn (Anakin for example)

Strength:
obviously less than full strength (the younger the kid, the less the strength [unless it's a freakish kid from some heavy gravity planet, a Gorian, a Wookie, or something of the like])

The other skills are based on training (Mechanical and Technical) or innate ability (Dexterity), so those would pretty much be "as is."

Just my opinion...
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there are no official rules then I'd probably suggest coming up with a sub-scale rule for some things when having kids go up against adults and then follow the regular scale rules. That way you could give the kids just as much in the way of dice as you do the adults, but you can then have areas where kids go up against adults and the advantage is clearly with the adults.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: