The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Any one have a RCR to D6 Ship/Vehicle converter program?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Any one have a RCR to D6 Ship/Vehicle converter program?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falcon79
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Any one have a RCR to D6 Ship/Vehicle converter program? Reply with quote

Does anyone have a D20 RCR to D6 Starship/Vehicle Converter Program? Could you share if you do? Also does anyone have Guidelines on converting Saga Characters to the D6 system? Am wanting to run a Legacy of the force era campain, and need Info for converting Saga system characters over to the D6 system. thank you! Smile
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to have a program, you'd have to have a completely logical system of being able to do so. There is no mathematical equation for anything except the attributes... and even then you may have to tweak those now and again.

I can send you the attribute converter if you like, but after that, it's a long process of trying to compare stats to second and third stat blocks of characters that exist in both SAGA and D6. For example, when I'm converting someone that has a skill of +6, I'll look at someone like Zuckuss who has the same skill at +6 and see how he's done in D6. Of course, you'll find another character who has the same +6 and they have a completely different skill rating.

*shrug*

I usually just use a bit of comparison, common sense, intuition, and use of the SAGA stat block as inspiration, rather than direct conversion.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's very little actual "conversion" that can be made when it comes to bringing a character from Saga to D6. With the old d20 there was still a fair amount of direct number conversion you could make. But now it's a complete mess. Even attributes can only be used for loose inspiration. Skills? The numbers are completely off and any decent character in D6 will need a WHOLE lot more skills than he has in Saga. So the best you can do is get the overall power level attributed to the character by the Saga stats, then read as much as you can about the character's past activities and strong and weak points and then pretty much start creating a character from scratch. But hey, the character's equipment converts pretty much straight across!
Falcon79
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
In order to have a program, you'd have to have a completely logical system of being able to do so. There is no mathematical equation for anything except the attributes... and even then you may have to tweak those now and again.

I can send you the attribute converter if you like, but after that, it's a long process of trying to compare stats to second and third stat blocks of characters that exist in both SAGA and D6. For example, when I'm converting someone that has a skill of +6, I'll look at someone like Zuckuss who has the same skill at +6 and see how he's done in D6. Of course, you'll find another character who has the same +6 and they have a completely different skill rating.

*shrug*

I usually just use a bit of comparison, common sense, intuition, and use of the SAGA stat block as inspiration, rather than direct conversion.

No, no, no, no... Sorry should of phrased it better... it was really TWO questions..

Falcon79 wrote:
1. Does anyone have a D20 RCR to D6 Starship/Vehicle Converter Program? Could you share if you do?

Falcon79 wrote:
2. Also does anyone have Guidelineson converting Saga Characters to the D6 system? Am wanting to run a Legacy of the force era campain, and need Info for converting Saga system characters over to the D6 system. thank you! Smile

sorry if I was running two question into another.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: