The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Darktroopers?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Darktroopers?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robot Ron
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:10 am    Post subject: Darktroopers? Reply with quote

Does anybody have any stats/info about Imperial Darktroopers? All I know about them is what I gleaned from playing Dark Forces and reading part of Dark Empire 2.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this and see if its up to what you hope.

http://swrpgnetwork.com/search.php?s=1ba31f54f3dfab5f2daf2837c7749440&action=showresults&searchid=460&sortby=&sortorder=
"My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself." - George Bernard Shaw
Robot Ron
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Troopers are droids? I always thought that they were some kind of cyborg or something. Odd... Anyways, my thinking is that since stormtroopers don't represent much of a threat to more powerful characters, Darktroopers could kick their bums.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron Ron Ron... You have to think like the Empire...

If the group isn't threatened by *ONE* Stormie... Give them two... Then four... Then eight. Gotta love the Binary system. Twisted Evil

Then throw things like Darktroopers at them...

Then, after they're bored with that... Give them Stormies again...

A whole CARGO BAY FULL!!! Worked with my group's "Gods of the Universe" Campaign!!!

Even Crunch was scared... Well... After he killed over a dozen with his bare hands...
zarkempt
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stormies have to be used in groups, 6-12 then they pose a bit of a problem, unless the group knows how to work together then you stormies just get shot up. Wink
Volo Enrunk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah remember that those guys can combine actions to fire upon your players which means there commander can say "take down That Dang Wookie he's shredding our Left Flanks" as the platoon turns to shoot at the wookie he'd be asking for a towel.
zarkempt
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but as they turn to protect the left the right is opened wide open, and insted of a towel he'll need a band aid. 8)
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Troopers came in three phases. Phase 1 was an exoskeltal droid with a shield and blade. Phase 2 was the production Dark Trooper, body armor, repulsorlift engine, flight jets, and an assualt weapon which fired plasma shells and explosive ro. Phase 3 was the largest phase as it could not only operate as a droid but also as an exosuit and included shoulder mounted missile tubes.

There are also darktroopers which appear in both Dark Empire II and the LucasArts game Rebellion. Both source agree that they are Force-enhanced stromtroopers, with Dark Empire II specifically stating their empowered by the dark side. In Dark Empire II their armor looks a little bulkier than standard stormtrooper armor, but that could be just the art style. Rebellion actually places them in armor which appears to be Phase 3 Dark Troopers. So it looks like the ultimate Darktroopers are a combination Phase 3 Dark Trooper droid exosuits and Darktroopers from the stormtrooper ranks. Really wish WEG had done a Dark Empire II sourcebook to go along with the Dark Empire sourcebook and then added an entry on these darktroopers.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zarkempt wrote:
but as they turn to protect the left the right is opened wide open, and insted of a towel he'll need a band aid. 8)

Depends. I have even taken jedi down who were on force points using lightsaber combat, cause of combined fire... Biggest group i did was a 30 man unit at once on an enraged forcepoint wookie.
gollummen
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But how does it work when several persons combine actions to hit one target? Do you roll once with the combined action bonus or does they all get a bonus to their shots?
All stats 2D, except: brawling parry: versus boxing 2D+2, melee combat: swords 3D, melee parry: swords 2D+2, languages: english 2D+1, scolar: history 3D, scolar: social studies 2D+1, brawling: boxing 2D+2, computer programming/repair 2D+1.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the chart, you total up the # of people, and see what the bonus is. EG as from revised, Every 3 people in the combining, grants +1d to the to hit and damage pool so for 4 people that would be 1d+1 to the highest die score. HE makes the roll with the bonus, and if hits the weapon damage AVERAGE (if using different weapons) gets the bonus.

So with it, you can cause MROE damage, but if the combined shot misses, they all missed.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the Dark Trooper link, been wanting these.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: