The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Source for New Ideas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Source for New Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Brain
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Source for New Ideas Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5kGnpMnypQ

Look familiar? It also occured to me that alot of the old Traveller adventures could be used in Star Wars with only minor tweaking.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the OLD Traveller material (You know, the little black books). They at least are VERY dry in both descriptions and scenario ideas. One would have to spice things up considerately to make them SW. Remeber that Traveller was a very 'serious' RPG back then....
schnarre
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I still remember Traveller , but it's been forever since I've seen it. Ah, those were the days...

...For new ideas for adventures, I often draw upon historical examples--even going back to the ancient world, for inspiration. Events in military history provide ample material for battles or settings for PC action. In one case, I used Ancient Egypt for the cultural setting for a desert world the PCs encountered. In another, I used the Battle of the Bulge in WW2 for a Rebellion-era battle (though such could easily be adapted for a Clone Wars setting).
...The list goes on! Wink
jonnjonnzz
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the old Traveller material is really good for inspiration. The old Book 4 Mercenary gave some good information on armed forces characters and mercenary campaigns/units. The Azhanti High Lightning boxed set is really useful for the deckplans included for a Lightning class frontier cruiser. I have used that in campaigns before as an ancient vessel that the players have salvaged and turned over to the Alliance.
Jame Rowe
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotten big into Traveller, so yes, you can take inspiration for SW from it.

Though one of the guys I played Traveller with went the other way, bringing Star Wars into his Traveller.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traveller jump routes made planning travel and Fleet-level strategy a lot more objective and clear, unlike the plot-driven distances between planets in Star Wars.

Ah, but no lightsabers Crying or Very sad and I never could get excited about characters packing slugthrowers instead of blasters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: