The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

hi new gm here just trying out an idea
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> hi new gm here just trying out an idea
View previous topic :: View next topic  
haggis launcher
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: hi new gm here just trying out an idea Reply with quote

my idea is that a bunch of starship mecanics,some randoms a freighter captain working of his/her dedt get thrown together on a pirate/smugler station in space and have to escape an atack by the imperial navy by jumping on the first unguarded/lightly guarded ship they see and flying away im in a mind to have it be in a shocking state of repair.
asumming they get past the ties and into hyperspace i plan on throwing the lot at them ,infestation by vermin, low food stocks, malfunctioning droid asp7 or something cheap, malfuntioning in the atmosphere regulater and or hyperdrive any thing from rusty mouse droid to a dead jawa jamed in aventilator fan and the ship they aquire stinnnks real bad is old enought to have seen the emporer in short trousers and the holds are full of junk parts scrap could be usefull time will tell

ship probably has a history too after all jawas are from tatooine and whats that place famous for ? huts and spice smugling that could be fun down the line

sound ok for a starting sesion ?
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it could be fun. Just make sure you don't throw all the malfunctions at them at once. You could make a random table and roll a few dice for a random horrid malfunction.
Yak Face
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like that concept could provide plenty of opportunities for fun PC torture. Do you intend for the creaky old hulk to be a long term feature of the campaign? If so, the only question I have is how you will encourage the PCs to stay with the thing and try to fix it, rather than abandon it at the nearest semi-civilized system. If you just need it to be a deadly nuisance for an adventure or two it should privide a very rich environment indeed. I especially like your vermin infestation idea.
Bulldogzeta
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vermin idea worked great in my campaign. The way the crew found out there were leprats aboard was when one of them was woke up in the middle of the night with a leprat taking a lick of her cheek to see if she might make a good snack. The character totally freaked. Ship hunts went on for days!!! Twisted Evil
Rerun941
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mynocks make great movie tie-in vermin. Plus they're usually on the OUTSIDE of the ship chewing on the power cables.

Zero-G combat anyone?
haggis launcher
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: ideas Reply with quote

hi thanks for the response it all helps ,
im planing on spacing out the malfunctions fairly randomly as i dont want to kill them in the first sesion .
i plan on making the ship repairable , possibly with the scrap and random parts in the hold or by selling the scrap one beings waste is another beings treasure, plus i plan on any decent ships being fairly expensive compaired to simply repairing the ship course even repaired shes not going to be a thourobred lol.

the mynocs are a good idea i wonder who wants to do that in the cold vacum of space in a possibly leaky space suit.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A broken ship provides MANY plot opportunities. Aside from the potential for something not working when you really need it to work, and all that jazz, finding parts can be a great way to get into a plot element. Not everything is easy to come by, and you don't always have money... finding the items and ways to pay for them can lead to all kinds of great adventures.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i actually had something like that once. i had random malfunctions on things like lights and doors(nothing life threatening). you could make the ship's functions random, like depending on when you fly it it might have a speed of anywhere between 3 and say 7. as they fix it it might improve to between 5 and 7. or shields might randomly and mysteriously function at 4D from time to time. they will spend lots of time trying to figure out "why". i smell a big box of adventure hooks...
schnarre
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Love it! Give it to 'em! Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: