The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Official NPC's who recieved DSPs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Official NPC's who recieved DSPs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: Official NPC's who recieved DSPs Reply with quote

The recent discussion in the OOC thread to Vong's game got me a little interested on the subject of non-Force-sensitives created offically who have recieved dark side points. The discussion started because I'd had my character shoot a critically wounded enemy who was going to die anyway (well, there was a chance to save them, but the situation the team is in is that we're in a mountain complex in what is essentially enemy territory with a bunch of civilian refugees and saving the warrior's life would have used up half if not most of our med supplies which we couldn't afford in case we get attacked before help arrives) so as to put them out of their misery and suffering quickly. I was a little concerned about the implications of my actions which brought on the discussion in the first place. Part of what I brought up, since my character isn't Force-sensitive, is Tarkin and Boba Fett; two non-Force-sensitive character with offical stats who had recieved DSPs. I did mention that of course their major NPC villians or threats and Ankhanu further expanded on why they would have gotten their DSPs in the first place.

Then today Skyler mentioned that when he was reading my post the first NPC he thought of was Tarkin. And that kinda got me interested in looking at offically created NPCs who recieved DSPs and why they may have recieved them. I don't know about anybody else, but it seems a little interesting to me. So here goes.

Here's a few compiled so far. To start Let's begin with Tarkin and Fett.

Grand Moff Tarkin:

• FPs: 4 (GG1)
  • DSPs: 5 (GG1)
  • Reason: "Tarkin was a man of atrocities, cold calculated ruthlessness...." Look at his plans to get Leia to tell him where the Rebel base was. Sure she lied to him about Dantooine, but he planned on destroying Alderaan anyway. That much is clear by the statement of Dantooine being too remote to make an effective demonstration. Bet a heavily populated not in the Inner Rim at the very least would have been too remote ofr him. Tarkin also delibrately had his ship land on protestors on Ghorman, an event that became the Ghorman Massacre. And let's not forget this is the man who who suggested to Palpatine ways to maintain order and security through fear, the infamous Tarkin Docterine.

Boba Fett:

• FPS: 5 (GG3, GG5, DE Sourcebook)
  • DSPs: 6 (GG3, GG5), 7 (DE Sourcebook)
  • Reasons: "Fett was a ruthless pursuer of what he thought to be justice... no matter who got hurt along the way of maintaining his honour..." Maybe we should add that Vader seemed to single Fett out aboard the Executor when he specified no disintergrations, guess Fett had a habit killing in such a way that all that nothing was left of the target. Also, how about how he killed Jodo Kast for impersonating him? A nerve toxin which ensured he had no way of excaping his own damaged rocket pack before it blew. And just to make Kast hope and despair at the same time, he leaves three vials, one with the antidote to the nerve toxin which had him paralyzed. Even if Kast could have moved, what chance did he have of getting the antidote in time?

Dr. Evazan:
  • FPS: 1 (GG1)
  • DSPs: 2 (GG1)
  • Reasons: Ok, his name should be Doctor Death. In fact that's one of his nicknames. Dr. Evazan is known to have permanenty maimed and killed paitients, in fact hundreds of individuals were maimed by him and to have killed at least forty individuals (GG1 states he killed another two score more in addition to the hundreds he mained). Besides his questionable medical career, he's had his hands in slaving, illegal cyborging, assasintation, and various other crimes. Evazan tells Luke he's got the death sentence in twelve systems, but appearently that number is much higher as more than thirty systems have standing orders for his execution.

Jabba the Hutt
  • FPS: 5 (GG5)
  • DSPs: 6 (GG5)
  • Reasons: Ok, let's forget Jabba's considered the top crime boss at the time of his death and has probably put out bounties which only call for folks to die. Jabba himself had a nasty habit of feeding folks to his pet rancor if they dissatified him or he simply didn't like them. Or had no more use for them. And if he didn't feed them to the rancor then there was always the sarlacc. He had his slimey hands into just about everything it seems. And let's not forget he even killed his own young nephew himself to make certain he became undisbuted leader of the Desilijic clan. He even ate Norba Nuum and killed her brother in a fashion similar to how he killed his own cousin.

Sate Pestage:
  • FPS: 3 (DE Sourcebook)
  • DSPs: 4 (DE Sourcebook)
  • Reasons: Palpatine's Grand Vizer and his right hand man. Pestage tended to do Palpatine's dirty work for him. Anything that might incriminate the then Senator Palpatine vanished, any witnesses to the evidence ended up dead. Pestage deliberatly killed a Gungan who tried escaping from the then Lt. Panaka because the Gungan could prove corruption. After Palpatine became Emperor, Pestage would be responsible for orchestrating several massacres.

Ahnjai Rahmma:
  • FPS: 2 (GG9)
  • DSPs: 2 (GG9)
  • Reasons: Rahmma was the personal bodyguard and assassin of High Inquisitor Treymane. Unfortunately for him, he had no choice but to assassinate whoever Treymane ordered him to due to a life debt he sadly owed the High Inquisitor.

Elana Shelvay:
  • FPS: 2 (GG9)
  • DSPs: 3 (GG9)
  • Reasons: Unknown, but statements by Shelvay suggest she may have commited murder or assassination. She blames her brother, former Jedi Apprentice turned Rebel Corwin Shelvay, for the deaths of their parents thanks to the ISB‘s re-education which left her unstable. But this doesn‘t explain her DSPs.

Wanted Poster
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, shooting an enemy who was Mortally wounded just to put him out of misery, while it would get a warning especially if it became a habit, would not earn a non force sensitive a dark side point.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry garhkal, I didn't mean to mislead you. I brought that up as the reason I started this thread. This is more about looking at those NPCs that appear in offical sources who are non-Force sensitive who've recieved DSPs and the reasons they deserve them. The discussion in Vong's game actually fascinated me on this subject. It's easier to understand why Force-sensitives get DSPs since so many in the offical sources are already dark siders or have temporarily strayed or done something rather nasty. But it's more interesting to look at these folks and make sense of why they deserve DSPs.

Wanted Poster
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah... Apoligies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: