The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Help with a beginner scenario
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Help with a beginner scenario Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nico_Davout wrote:
I always start with a new group of players with an adventure in Mos Eisley. They are broke, penniless, working in the Mos Eisley cantina Wink. One day, after throwing trash in the backyard, they find dead guy with....well that depends what you need and when is your campaign set. Maybe some imperial data? Maybe information about Jabba's treasure (good for campaign after Endor) and so.Information in datapada could say who still lives and knows where is part of Jabba's arts hidden. When they find the guy, he is near being captured by other party led by ex-Jabba worker (for example). After some shooting, they get to the treasure (hidden cavern, secret underground in some smaller village on Tatooine). There could be traps or some droid guard, or maybe Jawas, who accidentally found the place and are just in the middle of ransacking it. With the treasure they find some rusted, 3rd-rated space transport, who can make a fly or two before going down. Some more bad guys appears at the end and off they go to the starts Very Happy .

I would even have the place allready looted, except for the ship which the looters couldnt get into (that is, if the characters have the means to do that (ie security skill).

OT: I once did a thing like that in AD&D just to thow everyone off the clichés of fantasy rpg:ing with standard treasure hunts. The players found an ancient map showing the location of an magical artifact. It was being held in the dungeon in a monastery to some evil god. So, the players travel to the monastery, kill all oposition (lots of 'monk' style martial arts guards and some monsters in the (strangely sealed) dungeon). But no treasure whatsoever...

On the way out they find a single alive monk and question him about the treasure. He tells them that they (the monks) are the 'Brothers of the Serene Wind' which over two hundred years ago drove out the 'evil monks', fought through the dungeon and retrieved the artifact. Then they sent it to their main temple to be guarded (as it was evil and could not be destroyed). For the last two hundred years the monks had lived in the temple performing daily prayers and ceremonies to keep the evil from returning....to bad they were all dead now.
Embarassed

The long faces of the players were hilarious.
That teached my players never to trust old treasure maps... 8)
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I remember such adventure from Deadlands. There was a Confederate gold hidden, of course when they got to the canyon, there was nothing except few coins and skeleton Wink. Same in Fallout 2, a treasure hidden in the well in Broken Hills....a lot of Bottle Caps...a great treasure but for Fallout 1 since the currency was different in sequel.

"Yes. Rich, powerful! Listen, if you were to rescue her, the reward would be...well more wealth that you can imagine." 8)

Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Scavenger Hunt spoiler Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:
Ill have to change the wreckage to a part of an ISD though, as Episode IV hasnt happened yet in my game...

That works, but you don't get to have one of the funnest apects of the adventure: when the PCs discover Darth Vader's personal chamber, and open his closet with the spare helmet and cloak stand that at first makes the players (and characters) think Vader is really there.

I've ran this adventure several times. When I ran it, I even played the part of TESB soundtrack when Luke faces his vision of Vader in the cave and synchronized the reading of the description with the music for maximum mood. And Obi-Wani's lightsaber is there (which I always ruled fizzled out after a few uses if a PC trie to use it).

One time I remember that an inventive player even used those three items from Vader's closet to the group's advantage when they confronted Jabba's pirates escaping from the wreck. The player's tall PC (already wearing black scout armor) put on Vader's cloak and helmet, and came out menacingly brandishing Obi-Wan's lightsaber to con and intimidate the pirates with great success.

ZzaphodD wrote:
Im figuring out a 'smooth' transition into Tatooine Manhunt atm. I usually want adventures to be a continous story where the players take the initiative instead of the players going back to the Rebel Base to get their new mission (which usually is the 'standard beginning' of many adventures).

This is the first thing that popped into my head...

The PCs defeat at least one of Jabba's pirates who has a datapad with a coded message that they later break to read that Adar Tallon has supposedly been uncovered to be alive on Tatooine. The pirates could have gotten the info through connections to Quist's pirates and the info was on its way TO Jabba, OR perhaps the info came FROM Jabba and he sent his pirates the message so they could recruit some specific outlaw bounty hunters.

Good luck with the rest of Scavenger Hunt and Tatooine Manhunt. We definitely want to hear how both adventures turns out for your group!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now the next session is coming up.

Im going with the datapad idea, but with an additional twist..

Now Im having two new characters to introduce at the same time..

The pirates have two prisoners on their ship. These are the rebels who were responsible for getting the datapad back to the rebellion. They were waylaid by the pirates/bounty hunters who recognized the value of the information and the rebel bouties on the characters heads.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: