The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Looting?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Looting? Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JorallEpat
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:08 pm    Post subject: Looting? Reply with quote

Can you do that? For awile I said my players could, but then they were getting bunches of rifles from stormies and selling them. So can you? and if so how does it work? I just had them to search roll, and beat an easy 5...
Phaedrus
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure you can let them do that, gaining loot from fallen enemies is a great way to introduce new weapons or equipment. Now if they're selling lots of stormtrooper rifles to the rebellion, then there should be no problem. If, on the other hand, they try and sell them on the black market, you can make life difficult in many ways Twisted Evil For example, an imperial spy notices the party selling the rifles. Or local police find them and run a check on the serial number on the weapon. Or what ever... if your getting tired of your character looting bodies for mundane stuff, make them work for it a little more.

~ phaedrus
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stormtrooper Rifles are ILLEGAL. They have serial numbers, are registered, recorded, filed, processed, briefed and debriefed... Ahem.

In other words, trackable. All you need is one informer to the Empire, and they can track down where it came from, and use that as evidence in a trail...

Not that they need much, it *IS* the Empire after all. Twisted Evil

It is one way to make up the cash that is very much needed for expensive equipment replacement... Freighter Repairs... Hospital Bills... Safehouses... That really nice Corely Roadmaster that they've been eying... Ect.
Urhart the Fallen Angel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We always loot! In a rebel game I got my double bladed vibroblade from a Trandoshan, my guns from an imerial facility, and my armor from a stormtrooper's cold lifeless body (plus being an Amanin, took his foot, and skull Twisted Evil )! Looting is great, plus if you cant sell the gun, use it! Besides, you could melt down the gus, and make your own modified personal blaster!
Love is still the answer take my hand
The vision fades a voice I hear
Listen to the madman!'
Volo Enrunk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just remember looting all this stuff would take time and a place to store it and the ability to carry it off i mean really how man stormtrooper armors can you carry? i don't know anyone in Star wars that runs around with there backpack sack and pack mule like in dnd unless you have a gamorean in the group....
Urhart the Fallen Angel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you see, the guys in our group who usually do it are this big weird green guy (named officialy Big Green Guy with 5D str and "Mad Brawlin' Skilz"), and a wookiee with 6D str, who only does it because he has a life debt to almost everyone in our group.
Love is still the answer take my hand
The vision fades a voice I hear
Listen to the madman!'
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looting is definately the way to go our little squad is always looting. In fact once while were were in disguise our ship was recognized (we have a large bounty on us... possibly in part due to all the looting) and to rival gangs fought a turf war over who got to turn us in... we just made sure that their were no survivers to report us and grabbed most of there stuff (not too much as we didn't want it to look like they'd been robbed)...

It's so nice to be wanted Laughing

We generally use all looted items to resupply our rebel base so we don't need to worry about selling imperial (or private) merchandise that is easily traceable... But that doesn't get us any cash as all looted items come under the heading of donations to the rebellion
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My character Miraj loots out of necessasy rather than greed. As I stated in his story, he's taken at least one suvenier on each mission. Now, my other characters and my players for that matter, loot all the time. I almost never have a bad guy with a cool weapon fight Ragnar anymore because he'll just kill him and take his stuff. Lately I've been using cyborgs with intergrated weapons to discourage looting.

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In one of my games (not SW) my players would even steal cybernetics and body parts for use in experiments and upgrades...

It gets to the stage when I only want to have then fight thousands of pigmys armed with sharp sticks to stop their looting ways
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Looting? Reply with quote

JorallEpat wrote:
Can you do that? For awile I said my players could, but then they were getting bunches of rifles from stormies and selling them. So can you? and if so how does it work? I just had them to search roll, and beat an easy 5...

Sure you could do it. But just think for a minute; IRL, what would be the result of selling stolen military equipment in the country it was stolen from? Whatever you think the outcome would be, there should be similiar consequences in The Empire.
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoomian wrote

Quote:
In one of my games (not SW) my players would even steal cybernetics and body parts for use in experiments and upgrades...

I wouldn't put it past a cyberpunk, shadowrun or rifts game. Not at all.

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoomian wrote:
It gets to the stage when I only want to have then fight thousands of pigmys armed with sharp sticks to stop their looting ways

My CP2020 group once faced a bunch of Inuit on the Ellusian Islands...

I got to do a Drive-By in a Bombardier Snowplow!
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my old group, looting was somewhat frowned upon by other players, if you did it too much, or if you got to excessive with your looting, you were branded a "man stripper" by the other players...

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Ragnar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol...that was hellsa funny though. And "Doug" only got that name because he did it to everyone no matter what the situation was, and he took their clothes. Laughing
Vartax
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played a gambler who was into looting....then one afternoon after a good night of gamling with the stupid locals, I found myself stepping out into the night and go mugged, loosing all that I had gained form looting... My characters play as smartly as possible now with that gamemaster.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: