The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Alternative rules for the Force using D6 Space rules.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Alternative rules for the Force using D6 Space rules.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cowboy Hat
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Alternative rules for the Force using D6 Space rules. Reply with quote

I was thinking of utilizing the rules from D6 Space (metaphysics) for the Force as I find the creation rules allow me to be a lot more flexible with powers.

- I was wondering if anyone else has done anything similar and what the pro's and cons might be.
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a topic with converted Force Powers by someone, you have to look for it:)

Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.
Cowboy Hat
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not very good at searching for this sort of thing and as it's not obvious in the subject it would mean going through many different pages of threads. I think the most popular is the conversion from D20 powers to D6 Star Wars Force powers.

If someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

thanks again.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, if there is a thread on that, I don't recall it. However, I never really invested a lot of attention into the D6 extranormal/paranormal/magic system. I actually scrapped it and made something of my own. It is really a lot more simplified in terms of skill use, though it seems that all else got horribly complicated.
cunning_kindred
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only looked through the metaphysics rules once or twice myself but if you are looking for a more flexible Force system with a little more emphasis on Jedi being able to do things on the fly you can have a look at my own rules:

General Website: http://derriphan.110mb.com/Star%20Wars/Contents%20Page.html

Force Rules: http://derriphan.110mb.com/Pdf/New%20Star%20Wars%20Rules/chapter%205%20the%20force.pdf
Cowboy Hat
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cunning_kindred wrote:
I've only looked through the metaphysics rules once or twice myself but if you are looking for a more flexible Force system with a little more emphasis on Jedi being able to do things on the fly you can have a look at my own rules:

General Website: http://derriphan.110mb.com/Star%20Wars/Contents%20Page.html

Force Rules: http://derriphan.110mb.com/Pdf/New%20Star%20Wars%20Rules/chapter%205%20the%20force.pdf

Thanks, I'll give it a good read. Smile
cunning_kindred
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Hopefully you'll find it useful. It is still a work in progress. If you have a questions just let me know. I know that it can be less than perfectly clear in places. One of the problems of not having an editor Smile
Cowboy Hat
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cunning_kindred wrote:
Quote:

Hopefully you'll find it useful. It is still a work in progress. If you have a questions just let me know. I know that it can be less than perfectly clear in places. One of the problems of not having an editor Smile

It's great so far...
The whole thing is MASSIVE.
and I didn't realise at first that each of the links downloaded a pdf. (looking after a child and can't multitask well). Spent a few minutes going "why doesn't this link work" before looking at my desktop and seeing all the pdf.s and feeling a bit foolish!

lol

I imagine people have already given you a lot of feedback, but if I get chance I'll read the next thing over the next few weeks and tell you what I like/don't like. I always think that if someone's put a lot of effort into something it should get some proper constructive criticism.
cunning_kindred
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I imagine people have already given you a lot of feedback, but if I get chance I'll read the next thing over the next few weeks and tell you what I like/don't like. I always think that if someone's put a lot of effort into something it should get some proper constructive criticism.

It will be greatly appreciated. I'm always anxious to hear what people think. I hope you find some of it useful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: