The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Specials
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Specials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JorallEpat
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:50 pm    Post subject: Specials Reply with quote

Ok, I got a character that I want to be a master of disguise... and made a speacail under con for it, good? bad?
Urhart the Fallen Angel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that would be Con: Disguise, but it could be persuasion or hide because youd have to convince the people, and hide anything that'd give away who you are.
Love is still the answer take my hand
The vision fades a voice I hear
Listen to the madman!'
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is Con: Disguise
and that's good if you want to be a master of disguising yourself, just remember to keep your skill up Very Happy

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, now I have a question on the same line and with my experinces in the past with a different forum it's best to keep questions that are basically the same in one thread rather than open a new one and flooding a forum with the same basic question asked in multiple threads. Anyway, my question is would it be wise to make disguise an advanced skill requiring 5D in con or con: disguise? I'd tend to think of con: disguise being something like the scene in Starfighters of Adumar where Wedge, Tycho, Hobbie, and Janson had to dress up as women on the spur of the moment to get out of Cataarn. Where as I'd view things like Face's well prepared pirate captain disguise in Iron Fist and Wedge's Coruscant insertion disguise in Wedge's Gamble as requireing more preprarition time and being possibly harder to detect as a disguise without a real thorough look.
RedFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcat wrote:
Ok, now I have a question on the same line and with my experinces in the past with a different forum it's best to keep questions that are basically the same in one thread rather than open a new one and flooding a forum with the same basic question asked in multiple threads. Anyway, my question is would it be wise to make disguise an advanced skill requiring 5D in con or con: disguise? I'd tend to think of con: disguise being something like the scene in Starfighters of Adumar where Wedge, Tycho, Hobbie, and Janson had to dress up as women on the spur of the moment to get out of Cataarn. Where as I'd view things like Face's well prepared pirate captain disguise in Iron Fist and Wedge's Coruscant insertion disguise in Wedge's Gamble as requireing more preprarition time and being possibly harder to detect as a disguise without a real thorough look.

I'd keep Disguise as a Con specialization. It just doesn't require enough training to begin at as Advanced skills generally do. i.e. while you can get really good at disguise / make-up, and you can get really good at surgery... there's a hell of a difference in how long it takes to learn the rudiments of each.

I do have a soft spot for Advanced skills though. Like nifty little bonus/specialty mechanics like that. Maybe make (A) Prosthetic Makeup. That way you can do full prosthesis disguises but it's Very Hard or Heroic to do it with Con while you can do it Moderate or Easy with (A) Prosthetic Makeup... maybe for stuff like total species disguises. "I'm not a human, I'm an Ithorian!" Of course, you'd need the relevant materials for that...

I have Star Wars stuff!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RedFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just off the top of my head:

"The Ghost"
Type: Bothan Spy
Dexterity 2D+1
Blaster
Dodge
Melee Combat
Melee Combat: Garotte 3D+1
Pick Pocket
Thrown Weapons
Knowledge 2D+1
Alien Species
Bureaucracy
Languages
Streetwise
Willpower
Mechanical 2D
Communications 3D
Communications: Cryptography 4D
Repulsorlift Operation
Sensors
Perception 5D
Bargain
Con 7D
Con: Disguise 8D
(A) Prosthetic Makeup 2D
Forgery
Hide
Investigation
Persuasion
Search
Sneak
Strength 2D
Brawling
Technical 4D+1
Computer Programming / Repair
Demolitions
Security 5D+1
Move: 10
Gear: Encrypted personal comlink, spacer chest filled with costumes, prosthetic makeup appliances, garotte, hold-out blaster, miniature holo-recorder, datapad, boots with hollow heels (containing small amounts of detonite explosive puddy), electronic lockpicks, 250 credits bribe money.

I have Star Wars stuff!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: