The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Best Adventure Ever?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Best Adventure Ever?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MA-3PO
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Best Adventure Ever? Reply with quote

I never shy away from gushing about the DarkStryder Campaign. I want to know your opinion though. What is the best Star Wars adventure/campaign WEG or WotC ever published?
hazardchris
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The love I have for the Introductory Adventure kit knows no bounds. It's wonderfully balanced, filled with stormtrooper fights, speeder chases, ambushes on both sides, dark jedi, starfighters, and a crawl through a crashed Corvette.

I've even run the adventure in Saga.

Let me make you a picture!
MA-3PO
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hazardchris wrote:
The love I have for the Introductory Adventure kit knows no bounds. It's wonderfully balanced, filled with stormtrooper fights, speeder chases, ambushes on both sides, dark jedi, starfighters, and a crawl through a crashed Corvette.

I've even run the adventure in Saga.
Was that one of the last box sets WEG produced?
hazardchris
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it came out in '97.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Introductory_Adventure_Game

Let me make you a picture!
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it might be fun. I might look that up for my next acquisition.
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best published adventure. Darkstryder hands down.
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best home-brew game was basicly the antics of 4 madcap droids.

1 mouse droid with an mechanical claw arm with cleptomania and he collected small random objects that was set up to be an inter office messenger, he liked to threaten people with a thermal det that the couldn't use.

1 R2 unit that was retro fitted into the body of a protocol droid

1 "Pilot Droid" multi jointed and supremly flexible he was built to be able to fly anything, so he saw no reason he shouldn't and had to make a willpower test everytime he went anywhere near a vehical to stop himself from trying.

1 Prototype battle droid. A 6ft tal 1ft wide metal pole with a small antenna on top a base speed of 3, 1 downward fireing seismic cannon disighned to shake building apart and 20 tiny gunports holding mini blasters, It had virtualy no capacity to aim but could spin and fire everything.
Mandalore
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best adventure ever GMed has got to be a homebrew based out of the Tapini sector.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: Best Adventure Ever? Reply with quote

MA-3PO wrote:
I want to know your opinion though. What is the best Star Wars adventure/campaign WEG or WotC ever published?

I own all the WEG adventures but haven't ran them all, and I don't even own all of the WOTC stuff (and never ran any of them). As far as single adventures, I'm really nostalgic for some of the WEG 1E adventures (some of which were later converted to 2E). I've ran a lot of the good ones for multiple player groups. There are already threads on this forum devoted to several of these adventures.

Battle of the Golden Sun was fun a few times but I never ran it as is: I changed it up in different ways each time I ran it. But what's not to love about an Imperial floating sea garison (with a huge color schematics map)? Crisis on Cloud City, Scavenger Hunt and Black Ice have also been good fun. IMO, these 4 adventures are the best ones never updated to 2E (and worth getting to self-upgrade if not too expensive).

"Starfall" and "Strikeforce: Shantipoli" are both classics upgraded to 2E in Classic Adventures Five (with a third adventure I only ran once and thought was just ok). But Classic Adventures Three is the mother-load with three quality 1E classics updated to 2E: "Riders of the Maelstrom", "Death in the Undercity" and "Tatooine Manhunt", the original adventure module. I've ran TM six times since 1988, and my groups and I always had a blast with it. If I had to choose a single favorite adventure, I'd probably have to pick that one. I highly recommend CA3 if you don't have it!

As far as campaigns go, I didn't run it until after WEG lost the Star Wars license but I'd probably have to go with the "Minos Cluster Campaign" from GG6: Tramp Frieghters (available in 2E). Of course you've got to fill in the campaign with other adventures but it can still be a lot of fun. The only part that sucks is that the artwork is horrible.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Matt_76
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm definitely with Whill on my love for the 1st Edition of WEG adventrues (and rules too, for that matter!); but I actually think "Starfall" was one of the best ones made; that I've seen and/or run. (I haven't seen all of the old ones and haven't played most).

"Scavenger Hunt" is a lot of fun in a silly way and "Strikeforce Shantipole" is fun; though I just made it the regular B-wing that was invented as opposed to a two-seater version.

"Tatoonie Manhunt" is fun; but I think they tried to use too much Empire Strikes Back bounty-hunter cloning in it.

"Graveyard of Alderaan" is fun; but I took-out the cut-scenes to Han and Leia and co.

"Isis Coordinates", "Black Ice" and ""Domain of Evil" all seem pretty cool; but I've never played either.

I've never played either; but I really love the idea of running the "Darkstryder" and/or the "Far Orbit" campaigns. Though, I really don't like the way they end "Darkstryder" and I would change a LOT of that last adventure...I think the magic-esque part is a bit much....

Anyway, I've never seen the Introductory Adventure set either and would like to check it out...
Zarm R'keeg
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree about the introdcutory adventure set- there are so many things there, too- missile tubes, speeder convoys, repulsortanks, a precariously perched Corellian Corvette- that just have a different feel from all of the other RPGs.

I have a few favorites- Abduction of the Crying Dawn Singer, Isis Coordinates, Otherspace, Supernova... but having run through a number of campaigns twice, I've found that the one that most consistently feels "Star Wars-y" and cinematic and epic and that the players- even after being put through the ringer- look back on and say "Yeah, that was awesome!" is Strikeforce: Shantipole (which I just finished my second run through last month.)

Hard core OT, all the way!
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarm R'keeg wrote:
I've found that the one that most consistently feels "Star Wars-y" and cinematic and epic and that the players- even after being put through the ringer- look back on and say "Yeah, that was awesome!" is Strikeforce: Shantipole (which I just finished my second run through last month.)
That was awesome. I still remember our run-through fondly, even after you had my space ship stolen by someone who shall remain nameless and "customized" by verpine...

Complete Starship Construction System
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had much fun with Black ice.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarm R'keeg wrote:
I completely agree about the introdcutory adventure set- there are so many things there, too- missile tubes, speeder convoys, repulsortanks, a precariously perched Corellian Corvette- that just have a different feel from all of the other RPGs.

I have a few favorites- Abduction of the Crying Dawn Singer, Isis Coordinates, Otherspace, Supernova... but having run through a number of campaigns twice, I've found that the one that most consistently feels "Star Wars-y" and cinematic and epic and that the players- even after being put through the ringer- look back on and say "Yeah, that was awesome!" is Strikeforce: Shantipole (which I just finished my second run through last month.)

I also recently played through Strike Force Shantipole and have to agree with the word: "Awesome!" We had a lot of fun and and good memories from that one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: