The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Rebellious CIS Droids
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Rebellious CIS Droids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: Rebellious CIS Droids Reply with quote

I was considering writing an adventure about rogue CIS Droids that become their own masters, after the invention of some type of smart droid, maybe even a nemodian looking one.

anyway, they go rogue like the cylons and kill their masters. then depart for parts unknown.

this would all take place about 20-40 bby

The Chijawa said so, that's why.
Random Numbers
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Droids are fun!
Rerun941
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have access to Adventure Journal #5 there's an interesting story and stats for a whole shipful of rogue droids.

Otherwise, here's an article on their leader...
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Skar
hisham
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an awesome twist.

I believe I might use this some day but I'll make it so the droids are living self-administered in their own conclave amongst a group of isolated star systems, away from organics... but they're not hostile to organics. They just want to live in peace, without anyone telling them to fight.

Of course there will be some sinister factions among them that will be perilous for the PCs who discover these droids.
mdlake
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My immediate mental image was of a comic relief droid droning on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about their system of governance out of a combination of genuine zeal and a desire to convince the PCs that the droids are harmless. Mechanical intelligence might be prepared to adopt some very abstruse voting systems to minimize the limitations of Arrow's Theorem--far more than humans, who want things kept simple more than they want them mathematically optimized.

A second later, I realized this would inevitably lead to Monty Python Syndrome and would therefore be a bad idea.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have something like this cooking, where theres a drifting droid control ship hidden in a gas cloud...but as i have nosy players here I cant go into more details... Twisted Evil
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Rebellious CIS Droids Reply with quote

bobenhotep wrote:
I was considering writing an adventure about rogue CIS Droids that become their own masters, after the invention of some type of smart droid, maybe even a nemodian looking one.

anyway, they go rogue like the cylons and kill their masters. then depart for parts unknown.

this would all take place about 20-40 bby

Cool idea. But I assume you use CIS to mean the Confederacy of Independent Systems which existed from 24-19 bby. However the Trade Federation existed from 350-19 bby, and they were dominated by Nemoidians from 33-19. FYI.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a short scenario called, "Droids Defiant" by Thomas Bowling (Star Wars Adventure Journal, Vol. 1, No. 9) that featured Xalto Sneerzick and his Droid Abolitionist Movement. It made for a quirky short scenario.

I always took Xalto to be based on John Brown the abolitionist. You might be able to work a freedom for droids angle into your idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: