The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The ultimate Badguy?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> The ultimate Badguy? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leon The Lion
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, "I am your father!" or "You killed my brother!", always fun. Making it personal is a great recepy for drama. In my current campaign, I'll soon be letting loose with a variation of "I loved you, and you left me to die!".
- Tom Lehrer
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want to make it really personal? Have the PCs kill off the villain's family member.
Azai
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The villains, that I love to make are ones that my Players aren't really sure they are bad. Or are not sure they actually want to fight them.

Maybe they are workin for a New Republic Officer that is trying to silence a group of people. He did something wrong and is trying to fix his mistake. Yet at the same time he has saved them many times, and holds guilt for his actions. But must do what he has to do to protect the interests of the New Republic in that area.

Then at the same time the leader of the people trying to kill him, and the PCs are charged with taking down. Are the victims of his acts. yet their leader is FS and has turned to the darkside. He tortures Republic soldiers to find this office, obsessed with avenging his/her wife/husband/son/daughter etc. Even at times this darksider doesn't really want to fight the PCs but will do so to get his revenge.

Kinda just a whole grey area where the PCs have to decide which side they actually want to take.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: