The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Jedi with cybernetics?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Jedi with cybernetics? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Random Numbers
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I aways thought that cybernetics would give you insanities or DSP. Not messing with the force, as long as your brain is living.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random Numbers wrote:
I still wonder what would happen if I transplanted a rancor arm instead of installing cybernetics.

Tissue rejection is the most likely outcome.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcat wrote:
Cybernetics may bring the risk of cyber points. Cyber points can interfeer with a Jedi using the Force and can grant twice the number of DSP A character with cybernetics must roll 1D, if the result is higher than the total number of cyber points then they can use the Force no sweat. Equal to or lower than their cyber points then they can't use the Force that round.

This rule is actually worse than the rules for going over to the dark side..

Instead I will raise target numbers for all force skills for cyborgs. 'Normal' replacement limbs can be 'bought off' for one force point per cyberpoint. If that is done, no penalties apply.

For cybernetics that in any way enhance the wearer, not only can you learn to live with the replacement as a normal part of your body, but you will actually recieve dark side points from cybernetics as they turn you more and more into a machine. This is in most cases no problem for non forceusers.
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random Numbers wrote:
Is the contact with the machine that severs the force? You don't get any penalty from just missing an arm do you? So what if you removed the limb when you wanted to use the force?

I still wonder what would happen if I transplanted a rancor arm instead of installing cybernetics.

The best theory/explanation is that the midchlorians (oh no, I used the M word) in the bloodsteam serve as a sort of conductor to link the Jedi to the Force. When the Jedi looses a body part, he looses the blood in it, and the midchlorians that go with the blood. Lower midchlorian count = weaker link to the Force.

According to Lucas, Vader isn't as powerful with the Force as he could have been thanks to the extensive cybernetics. Not that this is apparent on screen. If anything he looks like he got more powerful.

This is, apparently, why the Emperor is so willing to have Luke replace Vader. Luke has the potential that Anakin had before getting sliced up.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random Numbers wrote:
Esoomian wrote:
The alternate rule for cybernetics is that replacements count as 1/2 a point and an enhancement counts as a whole point.

The table for how this works can be found here.

So a replacement hand that just functions as a normal hand with no upgrades (Similar to the one Luke Skywalker had) counts as half a point and is rounded down to nothing.

Thanks for the link. So would a Swiss army knife constitute an upgrade?

Yup. Anything that gives more than what your original limb would have done on it's own, is an upgrade.

Quote:
Unless the dark side isn't affected by cybernetics.

That is how i see it.

Quote:
Instead of a fail mechanic, subtract the Cyberpoints from the number of dice you roll for Force skills. The increased chance of failure would be reflected by the lower effective dice codes.

I could go with that.

Quote:
I aways thought that cybernetics would give you insanities or DSP. Not messing with the force, as long as your brain is living.

I could swear i saw one rule which had it if you eared a DSP, any cyber points you had added to that. So if you had 3 Cyber points and used a force power that garnered you a DSP, you would actually earn 4.

Quote:
Instead I will raise target numbers for all force skills for cyborgs. 'Normal' replacement limbs can be 'bought off' for one force point per cyberpoint. If that is done, no penalties apply.

Is that a perm sacrifice of a force point? Do they earn it back?
Random Numbers
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what do you do if your character doesnt know that cybernetics are going to mess you up? Smile
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got a lightsaber, if you don't like the cybernetic once you learn what it does it can be remedied Twisted Evil

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see the willpower roll on that Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random Numbers wrote:
So what do you do if your character doesnt know that cybernetics are going to mess you up? Smile

Again, trial and error.. Laughing
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, the FP sacrifice is Permanent. Its like spending a force point in a non-heroic manner (like saving yourself by spending a force point).

However, new force points can be earned/rewarded as per the normal rules.
bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would subtract 1 from the character's rolls when using the force at a 1 to 1 ratio (ie 4 cyber points= -4 to use force rolls)

this way cyber points do stuff, but dont completely screw your character.

The Chijawa said so, that's why.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So as long as they had 3d or more, cybernetics won't hurt them that much.. Sounds a little too lienient.
Praxian
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
So as long as they had 3d or more, cybernetics won't hurt them that much.. Sounds a little too lienient.

Could always make it where Cyber-points subtract full Dice.

So if someone has 3 Cyber-points, they subtract 3D from all Force-skills, AND give them the additional DSP's if they do something that would garner a DSP to begin with.

Ex: Joe has 3 total Enhancements, and rolls for his Force Lightning power. He rolls his 3 force ability dice at -3D (so normally a 7D in each, now 4D in each). Afterwards if he pulls it off, he's getting 3 DSP's.

keeps it to where it's not worth it.
Random Numbers
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though Im not rushing to get cybernetics, I think it could be fun to play a Jedi with replacement parts Smile
remo moxey
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Jedi with cybernetics? Reply with quote

Random Numbers wrote:
I recently put my hand through a force/disruptor field and gave myself a mortally wounded hand. My friendly game master is going to let me try for surgery to get it working at 100%. But with surgery there is alwasy a risk of screwing up.

So you never know if I have to go for a cybernetic replacement. Any Jedi out there with cybernetics? How do you play your Jedi once you part machine?

My first ever character was a Jedi name Remo Moxey and he had a few cybernetics. We got really attached to our PCs so our GM tried not to kill them off if at all possible. Remo lost his left arm below the elbow to the Rancor in Jabba's Palace. We were there to scavenge parts to fix our ship.....lol.

Remo also lost his right arm from the shoulder down to the sixth rib to a Dark Side user. He should have died but my GM took pity and he was saved by the fact the hospital was right across the street.

We used no negatives to his force powers because he got replacements, not enhancements.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: