The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Speeder Tank...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Speeder Tank... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Speeder Tank... Reply with quote

Converted from the WotC Website ( http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/sw20040115tank ), using rules from The Rebellion ( http://www.verminary.com/rebellion/index.html ).

Photo Reference: http://www.wizards.com/global/images/starwars_article_sw20040115tank_pic1_en.jpg

Craft: TX-130 Saber-class fighter tank
Type: Speeder Tank
Scale: Speeder
Length: 8.2 Metres
Skill: Repulsorlift Operations: Speeder Tank
Crew: 2 or 3 (pilot and co-pilot/navigator with optional gunner)
Crew Skill: Varies
Passengers: 2
Cargo Capacity: 750 kg
Cover: Full cover to pilot and co-pilot, ˝ cover to gunner
Altitude Range: Ground
Cost: Not Available For Sale (Clone War Surplus: ~25,000 on Invisible Market)
Maneuverability: 1D
Move: 112; 320 km/h
Body Strength: 2D+2
Shield Strength: 3D

Type: Medium Twin-Laser Turret
Fire Arc: Partial Turret (Front/Left/Right)
Skill: Vehicle Blasters
Fire Control: 0D
Atmosphere Range: 25-50 / 100 / 200
Damage: 3D

Type: Dual Heavy Laser Cannon
Fire Arc: Front
Skill: Vehicle Blasters
Fire Control: 2D
Atmosphere Range: 25-50 / 100 / 200
Damage: 5D

Type: Dual Thermal Detonator Missile Launchers
Fire Arc: Front
Skill: Missile Weapons
Fire Control: 2D
Atmosphere Range: 100-500m / 1km / 1.7km
Damage: 6D (Each)

Last edited by Ray on Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want one.

I want one soooooo bad.

Clone wars huh? That means presumably if someone had enough money they could get a newer one made with more advanced and therefore better technology... Or was the clonewars more advanced and technology levels have been knocked back a bit since then.

If the tank was big enough it might be able to handle starfighter scale weaponry... possibly at the expence of shields

Or maybe starfigher scale shields at the expence of weaponry... turning it into a great APC
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walker, maybe, but not Starfighter.

As for Modernization... Sorta-Kinda. The Forces of the Rebellion and the Empire have gotten to more "Mass Production"... Quantity rather than Quality. Even the Rebels go for that, compared to the Clone Wars.

So, yes, you can get Speeder Tanks with more modern equipment... But you'll get a "YOU WANT WHAT???" when you get to the Manufacturer, and they'll charge you out the wazoo for it, even more than they would have back then, for they were geared up for that kind of thing back then, and no longer are.

Corel & DuVal might be able to do something like this... But good luck, they're already stressed for manufacturing capabilities as is... Even to the point where they're borrowing factory time from BlasTech and CEC.

I'm also pretty sure they didn't build them in Esoomian size.

Best bet to get your hands on one is to search the back of beyond battlefields, where a few probably haven't been salveaged yet... You might be able to coble one together enough to make it workable, until you can get some spare parts jury-rigged/manufactured. On the bright side, the parts are probably cheap.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to the weapons (See above).
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imperial speeder tanks exist. Black market baby, all the way. Besides, you could outfit that with the latest gear, shields, weapons the works.

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats the value of a AT-AT with all the guns and everything as those would be awesome to have... At-Ats have to be the best tank type available (although I think you could probably customise them so they are even better)

And incidentally our group blew up an imperial AT-AT and our GM was most put out that there was no credit value in any of his books... He likes to keep a running tally of the cost our group has caused to the Empire.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Not available for Sale."

My GM *REALLY* hates that sentence. It's one of the few bright sides to the D20 system... WotC has less of a tendency to do this...

Hey... It's got to have *SOME* bright sides other than being able to be converted back to D6.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does WotC have a price for it then?
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Not available for Sale" is the price quoted from WotC Webpage.

You know, I hate that comment as well.

Oh well, I gave my price for the Black Market with the stats. Figured about the same as a used light freighter for a beat-up, but serviceable Speeder Tank would be about right.

Then again... I can buy a WWII Sexton Self-Propelled Gun for ~$5000 US today... One of the Finest Self-Propelled Artillery Piece ever to come out of Canada...

One of the... Only...Self-Propelled Artillery Piece ever to come out of Canada.
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Not available for sale” is just a nice way of saying… “Is available for grand larceny”.
"My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself." - George Bernard Shaw
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmmmmmmmmm... Grand Theft Speeder seems like a better campaign more and more, eh guys?

But, honestly, the Modification Rules are based off of said costs... How are we supposed to trick out our hot rides after we get them???
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best guess?
That’s the only thing I could think of. Even if it was for sale, it would just be someone else’s best guess (conversion) and still not official. So…guess away.
"My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself." - George Bernard Shaw
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish you were my GM SoF. Mine refuses at any point beyond where the books are written more often than not.

Is why I'm glad you folks were happy for all those Speeders I wrote.

Bugger hasn't even *LOOKED* at 'em yet.
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, that bites dude. Confused
Maybe you could have a sit down with the guy? Tell him why you think material that’s not D6 official but is Lucas official should be included in your games.

But back to the tank…perhaps you could figure out a value based on existing comparable vehicles?
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been there, done that, wore out the shirt, working on wearing out the second SoF. He's stubborn. But I'm *IRISH*.

As for a price on the tank... I did put an estimate for it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: