The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

What about that hell-hole Nar Shaddah
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> What about that hell-hole Nar Shaddah
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: What about that hell-hole Nar Shaddah Reply with quote

Ive allways had a fascination for Nar Shadda since my (then) GM got us there in our SW game in the beginning/middle of the 90s. Of course things went down the drain....but it was a lot of fun and I loved the idea of the Smugglers Moon.

Since then the EU has really expanded. Im trying to decide how much of the official stuff to include in my campaign.

I just read about the Battle of Nar Shaddaa 4BBY and the story/politics behind it. The Empire got soundly beaten (even if politics was behind it) and then just a year later a TIE fighter factory in orbit is taken over by Gen. Even if it was newly built, the timing (not to mention why the Empire would put it there at all) seem a bit odd.

Anyone with a more in depht knowledge about the EU events than me who can shed some light on this rather strange fact?
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nar Shaddaa orbitas the Hutt homeworld Nal Hutta and is owned by the Hutts.The smugglers who call the Smugglers' Moon home typically work for them, though the Hutts really didn't aide their "employees" when it came to the Battle of Nar Shaddaa. It's been a little bit since I read the Hutt Gambit, but I believe the Hutts made a sperate peace with the Empire so that Nal Hutta wasn't attacked. Pay the Hutts enough and they'd let the Empire set up a factory around their moon. If enough smugglers decide to snub the Hutts in the wake of the battle by trying to raise their fees then the Hutts would probably allow an Imperial presence to keep them in line. Just as long as that presence didn't cut into their profit.

Wanted Poster
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about that. The empire seems more like the we will do what we want and you will sit there and like it types. Letting the hutts extrot money from them would set a bad precident.
tetsuoh
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually its exactly as Hellcat stated, and the empire has little say otherwise.

At the timeline being referenced Hutt space was so heavily fortified that even the empire had to make deals in order to "pretend" its presence was that of one of power. The Hutts held the Empires influence in their region at bay without too large a conflict until the empire's fall.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the homebase for the characters in the last game I ran. Aside from that, what Hellcat said, see Crispin's Han Solo trilogy for more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: