The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Player stats for the Vulture Droids
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Player stats for the Vulture Droids Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because it's a game play nightmare... Just because something is "cool" doesn't make it plausible for the RPG. Besides, there are a billion other droids you could play besides a vulture that are character scale, and less stress on the scaling rules.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kytross wrote:
Yes, they're built to assist other troops on the ground.

Why wouldn't you want to play a 3.5m walking Starfighter? It would be awesome!

Yeah, I read they can walk around and shoot with their torpedo launchers, but how fun is it to play a weapons platform? A bit one dimensional if you ask me. Sounds more fitting for a board game where combat is the only goal. I dont want to put down your playing style, trust me, it just sounds very one dimensional in the long run. I would definitely chose another, more versatile, droid character.
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my experience whether a character is one dimensional or multi-faceted depends entirely on the player, the character concept is only the start of a character. I tend to prefer off-the-wall characters. I can play a smuggler or a Jedi or a starfighter pilot or Ralph Macchio's hairdresser, but a transforming droid starfighter? Now that's a challenge. Add in the scale difficulties and I'm really excited! Now if I could find me a GM that would let me play a Rancor...

The whole issue is fairly moot. The GM said no and I'm not a player who argues with the GM. Much.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus since you are a droid, a good ion shot, and then removal of your brain (which is easier to do for droids than humans) will kill you..
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kytross wrote:

The whole issue is fairly moot. The GM said no and I'm not a player who argues with the GM. Much.

In our group Im the GM and I usually allow any character that wont disrupt play.. I wouldnt allow a Vulture droid, mostly because I think the player would not have very much fun waiting in the middle of space as soon as the characters visited civilized worlds and cities.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: