The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Spice and other drugs in Star Wars
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Spice and other drugs in Star Wars Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Spice and other drugs in Star Wars Reply with quote

Hey does anyone know what effect taking spice has in game...

Or even what spice is and how you take it.

I know there are spice mines on Kessel

Also what about the other drugs like deathsticks and glitterstimm what does that stuff do?
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glitterstim is a form of spice. A refined form, the Star Wars equivilent of Heroin or some such (Only with different effects.).

Spice is rumoured to give the user "Telepathic" abilities (The ability to read others minds!). Weither this is actual, or it is just a hallucination is dependant on the GM (And may even work for some Species!).

Spice is very sensitive to light, aside from those in the Lower Bands (Red and Infra-Red), when exposed, it is activated, and must be ingested (Or snorted, shot up, ect.) quickly.

Various forms and grades of Spice have different effects. Some are Uppers, some Downers, some are Hallucinogenics, ect ect ect.

Death Sticks are Euphorics (They make you really, really happy!), but take, literally, years off your life every time you smoke one.

Finally, the Spice Melange... Oh, wait... Wrong series. Laughing
Ragnar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure which book, but one has a list of quite a few different types of spice(if i'm not mistaken). I believe it is in "Wreched Hive of Scum and Villainy" but i could be wrong.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spice is not just a recreational drug though is it?

I thought it was also used for legitimate medical purposes.

What does it do in those instances?
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least I was not the only one to notice the Dune correlation with spice.
Telepathic abilities and such, I wonder if prolong usage allows space folding too? Laughing Wink
"My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself." - George Bernard Shaw
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are rumors that Spice is used in ancient Jedi Practices... But that's most likely propaganda from the Empire to villify the Jedi.

Now, I can see the Sith doing that sort of thing...
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did note the well not so much similarity as exactly identical name (Dune Spice, Star Wars Spice).

But I figgured one just influenced the other. Not quite sure which one was out first though
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Dune was.
"My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself." - George Bernard Shaw
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bam! Shadows of the Empire Planets Guide is the book Ragnar mentioned.

Glitterstim gives you the telepathic effect. Game stats, receptive telepathy for a limited time, 10 rounds.

Andris, in its refined form, a white powder that is added to foods to enhance flavor and slow spoilage. Andris is mined on Sevarcos. 1 cred a dose (10 grams) High quality is illegal and cost 500 a dose on black market.
This stuff enhances the senses and is mildly addictive. Game stats, +1D to perception for one hour. Damage done to character while under the effect, due to the increased sensitivity, is +1D.

Carsunum, the black Sevari spice, is much rarer, more valuable and illegal. 1000 creds per dose black market. Game stats+1D to all abilities and skills for 1D hours. After the effect, for every hour the character was under effect he takes 1D damage. Force skills and bonuses from force points are decreased by 1D.

Ryll, is mined on Ryloth. It is legal to mine on Ryloth and is used as a pharmaceutical and is effective in pain relief. Ryll is also used illegally to produce intoxicants including hallucinogens of various kinds and intensities.

Bad news, use of the illegal spice, including glitterstim is considered an evil act and may result in a dark side point.

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it mention anything about effecting different species differently or do all species somehow share a biology common enough for these drugs to have the same effects cross-species
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Drugs tap into the Force, man... And it like... EXPANDS your mind... And... Whoah... FINGERS!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!

There's Lisa in the sky!!! Where are the Diamonds, however...
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a post on the forums of http://www.swrpgnetwork.com a while back. Somebody had gone to the trouble of making addiction rules, character damage, withdrawl time and all kinds of things for various forms of spice. It was really interesting.

Here is the link: http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12376&highlight=glitterstim
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool.

Even had the special rules for the Spice Melange. Laughing
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
There was a post on the forums of http://www.swrpgnetwork.com a while back. Somebody had gone to the trouble of making addiction rules, character damage, withdrawl time and all kinds of things for various forms of spice. It was really interesting.

Here is the link: http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12376&highlight=glitterstim

Thanks Ches, that's answered a few questions I had. 8)

Peter Griffin: "Embrace The Fear." -Family Guy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoomian wrote:
Very cool.

Even had the special rules for the Spice Melange. Laughing

One thing thats missing about the Melange is that it's a poison, if you stop using it, it kills you (thats directly from the book) 8)

Peter Griffin: "Embrace The Fear." -Family Guy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: