The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Being creeped out can be a good thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Being creeped out can be a good thing. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Henrik.Balslev
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallon Kell wrote:
<snip>Anyway, my next adventure will be called Star Wars, Pirates of Wildspace: Episode 3: Here There be Monsters. I expect to work in at least a little creepy, and will keep you updated. I will post an update here once I do.

hmm a Quarren pirate called D'vey J'nzzz springs to mind
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking of a 'horror'-ish adventur aboard a shipwreck. Perhaps starting with a prison-break scenario and then developing..

What do you think. Escaped Alien/Tyranid creaturs running amok, with weird creatures attaching you or trying to possess you in different ways. The 'horror' part here is the weird alienness of the creatures ruled by a hive mind. Another idea is a more horror inspired theme like the Dead Space game? What game would you like to play?
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:
Thinking of a 'horror'-ish adventur aboard a shipwreck. Perhaps starting with a prison-break scenario and then developing..

What do you think. Escaped Alien/Tyranid creaturs running amok, with weird creatures attaching you or trying to possess you in different ways. The 'horror' part here is the weird alienness of the creatures ruled by a hive mind. Another idea is a more horror inspired theme like the Dead Space game? What game would you like to play?
Sounds interesting, though the tone is a bit non-Star Warsy. Would you do that as a one-shot or as part of a campaign for continuing characters?
mdlake
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. My reflex was how to add something that would creep the players out properly! But perspective returned: this is Star Wars, not Silence of the Lambs, and ZzaphodD described the adventure as merely horrorish, so I instead filed those evil ideas away for a one-shot somewhere.

I may be in the wrong place...
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdlake wrote:
Heh. My reflex was how to add something that would creep the players out properly! But perspective returned: this is Star Wars, not Silence of the Lambs, and ZzaphodD described the adventure as merely horrorish, so I instead filed those evil ideas away for a one-shot somewhere.

I may be in the wrong place...
I'm sure there is a Call of Cthulhu forum somewhere. Wink
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
ZzaphodD wrote:

Sounds interesting, though the tone is a bit non-Star Warsy. Would you do that as a one-shot or as part of a campaign for continuing characters?

The Dead Space idea would be a one-off or at least a limited scope. The 'tyranid' (not gonna use that name) with its infiltration of society will be a continuing development linked to the Otherspace idea. They will basically replace the rather stupid death cult aliens with a more alien locust swarm approach. Think that the Moff in Otherspace escapes back into 'real space' but is now controlled by the hive mind and pools imperial resources into building some kind of gateway to let the aliens pass into our en masse...this of course is known to the players after Otherspace (that he is controlled) but who would believe such a wild tale.. Laughing
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:
The Dead Space idea would be a one-off or at least a limited scope. The 'tyranid' (not gonna use that name) with its infiltration of society will be a continuing development linked to the Otherspace idea. They will basically replace the rather stupid death cult aliens with a more alien locust swarm approach. Think that the Moff in Otherspace escapes back into 'real space' but is now controlled by the hive mind and pools imperial resources into building some kind of gateway to let the aliens pass into our en masse...this of course is known to the players after Otherspace (that he is controlled) but who would believe such a wild tale.. Laughing
Ah, that sounds good. One-off adventures are nice for horror since both players and GMs know that one way or another the characters aren't going to be around long term.

If only the artwork of the Otherspace aliens had looked cool. But the replacement with a hive mind locust swarm that takes over the Moff's mind is good. I especially like that the players know the truth but no one will believe such an obviously ridiculous story. Twisted Evil
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
ZzaphodD wrote:
Ah, that sounds good. One-off adventures are nice for horror since both players and GMs know that one way or another the characters aren't going to be around long term.

If only the artwork of the Otherspace aliens had looked cool. But the replacement with a hive mind locust swarm that takes over the Moff's mind is good. I especially like that the players know the truth but no one will believe such an obviously ridiculous story. Twisted Evil

This is aTyranid, a bit better art than the Otherspace aliens heh?

And on top of lots of weird creatures (from very small to walker size (perhaps not gonna use those), theres all these weird bioweapons. Twisted Evil
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better than this? Really? Laughing
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
Better than this? Really? Laughing

Well, dunno. Thats really hard to beat.. Shocked [/quote]
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favourite pics...

[img]http://laplace.bruno.free.fr/images/Images%20Tyranide/N&B%20Hormagaunt.jpg[/img]

Edit: Why doesnt this turn into a pic..

Last edited by ZzaphodD on Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:
One of my favourite pics...

[img]http://laplace.bruno.free.fr/images/Images%20Tyranide/N&B%20Hormagaunt.jpg[/img]
Ouch. Shocked That looks sharp. Makes me think some really fast backpeddling and lightsaber parrying might be in order. Maybe with a lesser force shield in case the blood is poisonous or something.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Hey kid, look down that shaft ove there and see whats making that weird noise..'

[img]http://laplace.bruno.free.fr/images/Images%20Tyranide/N&B%20Genestealer%2002.jpg[/img]

Edit: Weird, the pic adress doesnt produce an image.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:
Edit: Weird, the pic adress doesnt produce an image.
Noticed that. But pasted into the browser it worked fine. Computers. Why can't they just do what I want?
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try another side..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: