The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

What should we do?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> What should we do?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluespire
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: What should we do? Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I don't post much, if at all, but the situation we are in is crazy, and I could use some suggestions.

Era: Old Republic (we are just past the end of the Madalorian war, and Revan has just returned and attacked the Republic (but we don't know its Revan yet))

Party:
Mandolorian, fighter obviously
Jedi, not even a knight yet
Another fighter type that suffers from flashbacks to a war
My Verpine, and can do just about anything involving technology, but can't pilot or use gunnery to save his life (2d), but good with a shattergun

We are on board one of the huge sith star-destroyer-like ships. The crew is hostile towards us. We are in the hanger bay at center of the ship. We came on board to deliver a man found on a planet that had discovered some red light saber crystals (we had taken him prisoner, but the threat of the sith ship to our base near-by was to great to hold him).

So we take him on board, and then the Mando decides he wants to take the ship. I was like, OK, maybe 500 crew. Shouldn't be a problem. This was before we knew the real specs on the ship. That's when our GM told us about the 5000 support personnel and 3500 troops that the ship can support. My jaw dropped.

So, we cannot retreat, we would be blown to hell. There is no way we are surrendering, as we already killed the greeting party. So my question is this, what are some suggestions on taking this damn ship?
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll need the verpine to lock you in a room so that you can only take people as they come breaking through doors rather than being swamped and you'll have to do some very fancy slicing to cut off life support to the rest of the ship or perhaps overload power conduits etc...

Even then it probably won't work as the ship will have technical people who will counter the verpines efforts.

If you can cause a hull breech or reactor meltdown you might be able to escape while the crew are forced to concentrate on the imminent catastrophy but really the ship is too large for you tto handle alone anyway so even if you do take the ship it's unlikely to be able to be automated enough that you'll be able to keep it and get it where you need it to go.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have the Verpine slice into engineering sytems and take the weapons off line and overload the reactor. Then slice into the abandon ship emergency system to set all the escape pods on a timer to launch. Get in an escape pod. Hope for the best.

If the characters make it to safety they should seek immediate treatment for their rampant meglomania. Wink
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slicing may work, but you have to actually Get to somehwere you can hack into engineering controls to do anything. If your ship is still in the hanger, have the verpine hack the door controls locked, and space the hanger.. While you are all save inside the ship.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: