The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Playing the bad guys
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Playing the bad guys Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ragnar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am attempting to do the same thing with Max (an ex-assassin). But my fellow players are still in the "just who is this guy?" stage. I think I'll stay here a bit longer (heh-heh). But this is as close as I've gotten to playing a bad guy.

If you are eventually going to go the path of the hero it's good to start out low key, where people don't know who you are. Ragnar went hero after becoming infamous or famous depending on who you are, and it makes it a lot harder. People that don't want you to succeed cause a lot of problems for you. I remember when I wanted Ragnar to be known throughout the galaxy, now I wish I wasn't so well known. Also erasing DSPs when you're evil is sooooo hard because of the conflict in attitudes. You're inclined toward evil yet you are trying to be good, it requires good roleplaying, but it's fun.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volar the Healer wrote:
Has any one does this? Has anyone played a spy or double agent in Star Wars?

In the current game out team is attempting to do just that.

We've got forged documents to prove who we are and we've been invited to the Moffs ship for dinner and to chat about the secret Imperial base which we're trying to get ourselves assigned to.

I have no idea how well its going to go and once we're there we're not to sure what we're going to do but if we do it well we may have a valid imperial disguise that we can then use to get in and out of imperial areas and act as double agents
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch! that could be tricky, imagine you get foud out while you're on the Moff's ship...could be a hair raising adventure...best of luck Esoo. 8)

Peter Griffin: "Embrace The Fear." -Family Guy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll say

If we're found out about the only thing we could do it attempt to hold the moff hostage
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Give us a shuttle or the Muff gets it" 8)

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... We had one guy Doublecross us in our Far Orbit Campaign... Player did a really, really good job of it, too.

Somehow, has was able to rig up an ION CANNON inside the Far Orbit (A Neb-B Frigate) itself, pointed directly at... The Main Power Core, IIRC (Might have been something else...).
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So he stoped you dead in your tracks. Were you chasing someone or perhaps even worst, being chased by someone? 8)

Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither. The Cannon was never completed. It was a few parts short of being operational. He later appeared with the Empire Forces...

He used it's existance as a bargaining chip to show how badly we'd been compromised.

It beat our chip of Crunch going a few rounds with him... Too bad, Crunch really likes his work.
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crunch sounds LARGE 8)

Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More mean than large. He's a Klatoonian. Built like a Durasteel Outhouse.

Wookiees aren't impressed, but all but the Toughest Humans or Rodians back off from him.

He has lost one hand-to-hand fight so far... Against a Barabel wearing armour. They later became fast friends, and staunch allies.

The Barabel later went on to become the Galactic Fighting Champion after beating Woobacca (Think Wookiee-Version of "Hulk Hogan") in the first round.
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mean enough to be considered evil or just moody? 8)

Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More like Lenny from "Of Mice And Men", only slightly smarter.

Crunch is a Weapon. You point him at something you don't want there any longer. He does the rest. Just a fellow that's easily lead.

He's been working on it, actually, and has just performed his first battlefield command of a Calvary Unit (Read: A bunch of Speederbikes and a few Airspeeders against a group of mobile CAVs), and got out with very few casualties.

Currently, he's been thinking about his retirement... With a few Million Credits, he's planning on buying the farm.

A Bunny Farm.
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So evil doesn't come into play for him since he "doesnt look smart enough" to understand the concept...that interesting...would a character that doesn't REALLY understand the concept of Evil, and that commits an attrocity get a dark side point or not??? 8)

Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crunch knows "Right From Wrong". He's just a little Fuzzy about the middle parts.

He knows it's Right to hurt people that are armed and want to hurt him and his companions. It's wrong to hurt people that are just minding their own business.

It's just that he has various degrees of "Hurt" in his mind. There's "Bend", "Fold", "Perferate", "Burn", "Obliterate", and "American Tourister". Some of those, used in series, could be considered "Cruel and Unusual Torture and Punishment".

This includes "Helocopter Spinning" an 97 Year Old Moff...
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol!
Does he ever get carried away(like Oups I folded one too many time), and if he does does he feel or show remorse? 8)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: