The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

My House Rules
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> My House Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtanzer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:48 pm    Post subject: My House Rules Reply with quote

Here are my house rules for my SW universe.

Repeating weapons gain the following traits:
Autofire - Automatically deals half of normal damage, rounding up. Roll damage code to determine number of shots fired/action.
Supress - Any dodges made against this weapon become full-round dodges. Characters then roll their Dexterity Code to determine how far they may move towards cover. If no cover is in range, then they fall prone.

Space Weapons
Flak - Automatically deals half of normal damage, rounding up, against Starfighter scale craft. This applies only to Capital scale weapons. Weapons below Capital scale that have this trait deal half damage to non-Starfighter entities.
Point Defense - May target missiles without suffering any penalties.
pakman
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: My House Rules Reply with quote

jtanzer wrote:
Here are my house rules for my SW universe.

Repeating weapons gain the following traits:
Autofire - Automatically deals half of normal damage, rounding up. Roll damage code to determine number of shots fired/action.
Supress - Any dodges made against this weapon become full-round dodges. Characters then roll their Dexterity Code to determine how far they may move towards cover. If no cover is in range, then they fall prone.

Space Weapons
Flak - Automatically deals half of normal damage, rounding up, against Starfighter scale craft. This applies only to Capital scale weapons. Weapons below Capital scale that have this trait deal half damage to non-Starfighter entities.
Point Defense - May target missiles without suffering any penalties.

Thanks for sharing.

Always interesting to see how different folks handle different rule situations.

My autofire are closer to a few others here - where the weapon does extra dice that can be split between hit and damage, and each extra target reduces this.

I also handle suppression differently - but I have a system where it is more a distraction type attack - but yours is good too.

Finally, on the falk - this sounds incredibly powerful if using scale modifiers.

Just my thoughts. Thank you for sharing.
jtanzer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: My House Rules Reply with quote

pakman wrote:

Thanks for sharing.

Always interesting to see how different folks handle different rule situations.

My autofire are closer to a few others here - where the weapon does extra dice that can be split between hit and damage, and each extra target reduces this.

I also handle suppression differently - but I have a system where it is more a distraction type attack - but yours is good too.

Finally, on the falk - this sounds incredibly powerful if using scale modifiers.

Just my thoughts. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks. I like your interpretation of the flak rule.

As an author's commentary, my thought was that the flak damage occurs before scale modifiers. That way, the damage isn't as oppressive, meaning you need *alot* of fire-linked guns to have a fighter-proof flak screen. However, your interpretation has the benefit of making flak a genuine threat to fighters. I'll have to consider using your interpretation in my games.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: