The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Artillery and other 'Heavy equipment'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Artillery and other 'Heavy equipment' Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The E-Web needed Sandbag emplacements to keep it really secure... The F-Web comes with it's own. Laughing

And you're right, Es, folks are better off with an E-Web than a P-Tower. Thing is, it's bloody hard to get E-Webs, while you can't force P-Towers on most units.

There's a few other bits of Nasty in the Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, later on, I'll post 'em.

An Anti-Personelle Cannon... And a few other odds and ends.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet keep em comming
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anti-Infantry Battery:

The standard Alliance anti-infantry batery is a more effective, if also more expensive, artillery piece than the anti-vechicle laser cannon. Developed by Golan Arms, this gun was originally designed to counter large-scale infantry attack against fixed defensive positions. In keeping with the Alliance's tactical doctrine, Alliance techs have modified the guns to be more effective against combat assault vehicles.

The Golan DF.9, the most common Rebel model, has a 180 degree rotation turret mounted atop a cylindrical control housing. The three-man crew remains within the control housing, which is proton-shielded against close combat blasters. Access to the control housing is gained through hatches on the turret top or on the side of the housing.

A closely related variant of the standard DF.9 is the Twin DF.9, which features a smaller blast radius, but a much faster fire rate. Many of the Twin DF.9's are self-propelled (These are designated Twin SP.9), but the fully stationary units have a thicker housing, making them more resistant to blaster bolts.

Anti-Infantry Battery
Weapon: Golan Arms DF.9
Type: Modified Anti-Infantry Battery
Scale: Speeder
Skill: Blaster Artillery: Anti-Infantry
Crew: 3
Cover: Full
Ammo: Unlimited (power generator)
Cost: 15,000 (new), 9,500 (used)
Availability: 3, R or X
Body: 3D
Fire Rate: 2
Fire Control: 2D
Ranges: 10-600/3,000/16,000
Blast Radius: 0-8
Damage: 4D
Note: Twin DF.9 is identical except for a fire rate of 6, a blast radius of five metres, and a body of 4D. The cost is 18,000 credits, and it is "Officially" only available to the Empire or Imperial allied military forces. SP.9 units have a fire rate of 6, a blast radius of five metres, a body of 3D, with a Move of 21; 60 KMH. They cost 20,000 credits, and are likewise restricted.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm much better protection for the operators and better fire control but the E-Web still does more damage...

Is it the most powerful 'portable' gun there is?

Thanks for the listing Ray 8)

Anything else up your sleeve?
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but the E-Web doesn't affect a wide area, and blow stuff up nicely. Twisted Evil

Just an Anti-Orbital Ion Cannon, and a few Blaster Rifles and Pistols...

The Rebel Alliance is seriously lacking in Heavy Artillery. Hense Rogue Squadron doing the "Wire" thing on Hoth.

This is a fact that my group just found out at Alamo Base...
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoomian wrote:
Wouldn't the detonator bounce off the force field unless the throw was timed exactly?

The shield works for sidearms, I don't think it would hold up to blaster rifle or thermal detonators 8)

Peter Griffin: "Embrace The Fear." -Family Guy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant the thrown detonator would bounce off the shield making the throwing of the detonator to hit the crew and gun more difficult

Last edited by Esoomian on Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are there Impact Thermal Detonators?

What I meant was not to get the detonator through the shied, just next to it to wipe out the shield and hopefully the crew along with it. Only problem I see...getting in close enough range to throw the darn detonator. 8)

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why don't we put on some jello body armor while we're at it?
or hey! we could have some some armor, with little pouches that hold nitro glycerine, so that when you run around, or try to dodge, or better yet, when you get shot. You blow up! Yay!

How about a 60 kiloton nuclear handgrenade? That's pretty much what you're playing with if you do that... Don't play with stuff like that... just stick to the normal thermal detonator. Or drop the impact one from someplacemore than 50 meters up...

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crell Damar wrote:
why don't we put on some jello body armor while we're at it?
or hey! we could have some some armor, with little pouches that hold nitro glycerine, so that when you run around, or try to dodge, or better yet, when you get shot. You blow up! Yay!

How about a 60 kiloton nuclear handgrenade? That's pretty much what you're playing with if you do that... Don't play with stuff like that... just stick to the normal thermal detonator. Or drop the impact one from someplacemore than 50 meters up...

??? in D20 a thermal detonator does 8D6/4D6 damage, thats 48 points of damage at most no matter what kind of detonation method is used. Besides, even if you were 100 meters up a 60 kiloton explosion would wipeout an entire city.(...those 60 kiloton nuclear handgrenade sure don't do the damage they used to.) Very Happy 8)

Thank Goodnes that no one here has been SMART/DUMB enough to make a 60 kiloton handgrenade. 8)

Ragnar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DUDE!! If you are soooo into D20 why don't you find a D20 forum and bother them. This forum is for WEG D6 Star Wars.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellstorm wrote:
are there Impact Thermal Detonators?

What I meant was not to get the detonator through the shied, just next to it to wipe out the shield and hopefully the crew along with it. Only problem I see...getting in close enough range to throw the darn detonator. 8)

There are no impact thermal detonators. In fact very few grenades are impact based as (except perhaps rocket propelled grenades) It would be possible to make a thermal detonator an impact grenade (prime with the code then any impact will sett it off but until then impacts wont set it off... probably Twisted Evil) But it would have to be specially modified at extra expence (and they aren't cheep to start with) and in D6 the do 12d damage so without wild dice thats 71 (11x6 + 5 on the wild dice) max damage but remember in D6 that wild dice can really have some unpredictible results.

Thermal detonators aren't really grenades they're more like bombs and should be treated as such
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some one mentionned a 60 Kiloton nuclear handgrenade, 71 points of damage is pretty far from a nuclear blast, I have PC that could survive 71 points of damage if the survive the system shock I would have them roll for massive damage 8)

Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragnar wrote:
DUDE!! If you are soooo into D20 why don't you find a D20 forum and bother them. This forum is for WEG D6 Star Wars.

I'm just mentioning to someone that I don't think a Thermal Detonator is a 60 KILOTON NUCLEAR HANDGRENADE, Just here, someone said it did 71 points of damage, thats a huge leap to a Nuclear Explosion.

Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellstorm wrote:
Some one mentionned a 60 Kiloton nuclear handgrenade, 71 points of damage is pretty far from a nuclear blast, I have PC that could survive 71 points of damage if the survive the system shock I would have them roll for massive damage 8)

System shock? that's D20 man. In D6 71 points of damage is pretty much game over. Even Esoomians can't take that kind of punishment
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: