The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Practical Application for Disturbances in the Force
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Practical Application for Disturbances in the Force Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
So cause of that, it might explain why yoda etc didn't sense palpaltine... his nexus of darksideness was too close to their light sideness and that canceled it out..

Or that he could sense Palpatine just as easily, but his proximity to a Dark Side nexus canceled both signals out.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Azai
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would prove interesting to gaming sessions to encourage light siders to hide in places tainted with the darkside.

They need it so the Sith, or Dark Jedi, don't find them too soon yet at the same time they are constantly facing the temptation.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azai wrote:
It would prove interesting to gaming sessions to encourage light siders to hide in places tainted with the darkside.

They need it so the Sith, or Dark Jedi, don't find them too soon yet at the same time they are constantly facing the temptation.
The difficulty is getting any player character to sit still and hide. They always seem drawn to trouble and contrarywise trouble also seems drawn to them. Wink
Azai
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, you could run the risk of the session kinda... lagging because they are stuck there for a while.

It may work better in more of a MUSH type environment, that uses Star Wars D6.

Though I like that it gives me something to work with so when we need Jedi to hide, I know a good way to help "mask" them.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always remember to sometimes ask the jedi to roll a control roll, note down the result and roll some dice yourself. Good way to spread some paranoia. Also, the charcters will not the the Inquisitor coming when they are used to the routine.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that idea... Maybe that roll was for taint.. Or it was for say a critter sizing up whether the pc was a meal.. or maybe it was for nothing!
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This line always works.. 'you look up and see a lambda class shuttle coming out from orbit heading for the spaceport' wait a couple of minutes and ask the jedi to roll a sense and a control roll. Laughing
Azai
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This also, kinda helps with the idea of getting the Jedi Hunters after the PCs.

Honestly I always found it difficult that a handful of Inquisitors in the Outer Rim could sift through trillions of people, or by chance find Force Senstive beings.

The whole making waves, echoes, or disturbances makes it easier for me to use them and actually have them hunt who I want them to hunt.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azai wrote:

Honestly I always found it difficult that a handful of Inquisitors in the Outer Rim could sift through trillions of people, or by chance find Force Senstive beings.

The whole making waves, echoes, or disturbances makes it easier for me to use them and actually have them hunt who I want them to hunt.
Often Jedi PCs will leave all sorts of "waves." A lightsaber is a very distinctive and recognizable weapon leaving pretty distinctive marks on cripples and corpses and force leap and telekinesis are also pretty distinctive. I assume the Inquisitorious has analysts who review police reports, coroner's reports, and news stories for evidence of potential Jedi activity. In our house campaign that sort of thing then gets an Inquisitor or other agent sent to the area of the report. Once in the local vicinity, they may use investigation or sense force echoes to track down the PCs.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its strange, given the theme of the Empire hunting Jedi, that there are no description on how this is done when it comes to tracking through the force..

Well, given the fact that my Jedi players keep using the force for everything but brush their teeth, its a bit academic in our case. A novice Inquisitor could probably find them from a sector away...
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azai wrote:

Being they have many subworkers who do most of the trolling in databases, and can call upon a lot of resources, i felt the hunters themselves follow up on positive leads that came from actual sources, such as imp agents SEEING a lightsaber fight (surviving)...

Quote:

Often Jedi PCs will leave all sorts of "waves." A lightsaber is a very distinctive and recognizable weapon leaving pretty distinctive marks on cripples and corpses and force leap and telekinesis are also pretty distinctive. I assume the Inquisitorious has analysts who review police reports, coroner's reports, and news stories for evidence of potential Jedi activity. In our house campaign that sort of thing then gets an Inquisitor or other agent sent to the area of the report. Once in the local vicinity, they may use investigation or sense force echoes to track down the PCs.

And woe betide lightsaber users who are not jedi.. but just think its cool..

Had 2 in a game (home) who got their LS skill up to around 9d before they finally ran affoul of Dark jedi inquisitors.... Man were they s*** their pants.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:
Its strange, given the theme of the Empire hunting Jedi, that there are no description on how this is done when it comes to tracking through the force..

Well, given the fact that my Jedi players keep using the force for everything but brush their teeth, its a bit academic in our case. A novice Inquisitor could probably find them from a sector away...
We actually had one Jedi appear on a planet wide holonet broadcast...as a Jedi. Shocked That did result in a visit from an Inquisitor. Good thing she latere saved all life on another planet so there is a good in-game reason for that planet to protect her and hide her from the Empire. Laughing
Random Numbers
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:
This line always works.. 'you look up and see a lambda class shuttle coming out from orbit heading for the spaceport' wait a couple of minutes and ask the jedi to roll a sense and a control roll. Laughing

Don't we all just love paranoia?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the 'scary' moments people loved in sparks when i gmed, was in one game, they saw both Inquisitor Tremelayne and Vader show up on different shuttles with their own stormie squads, and overheard them saying the 2 targets were there with 5 other people of interest.. (It was a group of npcs they were after, but the pcs didn;t know that).. You should have seen the look of concern the 2 party jedi were having and the strain they had to NOT use the force for anything there after.
Even though that 'visit' happens regardless of party make up (kinda flavor backround).
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
One of the 'scary' moments people loved in sparks when i gmed, was in one game, they saw both Inquisitor Tremelayne and Vader show up on different shuttles with their own stormie squads, and overheard them saying the 2 targets were there with 5 other people of interest.. (It was a group of npcs they were after, but the pcs didn;t know that).. You should have seen the look of concern the 2 party jedi were having and the strain they had to NOT use the force for anything there after.
Even though that 'visit' happens regardless of party make up (kinda flavor backround).
Were you at all concerned that the party needs to rely on out of character knowledge to know their PCs shouldn't tackle Vader or Tremayne?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: