The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

How many Jedi escaped the purge?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> How many Jedi escaped the purge? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: How many Jedi escaped the purge? Reply with quote

Wisconsin Wookie wrote:
I am developing some story on an upcoming campaign, and one question I have is, how many jedi escaped order 66 and the ensuing purge?

Quote:
I'd be interest in hearing more about your story and why that number is important anyway. Is it just for an opening crawl type of lead-in out-of-universe narration to your campain for the players? I ask because I don't think any one in-universe character would know just how many Jedi survived the Purge (except possibly Yoda as stated above). I don't think that could possibly be official in-universe knowledge. It's not like the Empire took a galactic census and all the remaining Jedi were counted! The Jedi Order was decimated and and however many few survivors were scattered throughout the galaxy. They had no overall organization or communication network. They were outlaws and fugitives.

I don't know that the final number is all that important. For one, I was curious. But also for the campaign I am going to run, I am thinking about having a handful of characters who escaped the purge and just wanted to double-check to see how likely and/or plausible that would be. It sounds like 2-3 characters is certainly safe to plan for.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
IIRC, the E4 quote was that Vader helped the Empire hunt down the rest of the Jedi, and that now the Jedi "are all but extinct."

Hence my no more than a dozen at most..
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say the number of Jedi who survived the purge is two; Yoda and Obi-Wan. I don't accept the EU as canon, so I would rule all those others are just rumours or stories - not actually true.

Even if one or two others did survive, it doesn't matter. If the Empire cannot find them, no players will. This lack of Jedi trainers is what makes the rebellion era so difficult for Jedi PCs.

Last edited by Volar the Healer on Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a linked q..

For padawan/untrained/non master level force users that "went unnoticed".. what would you say is a MAX D value they would have?

I go with 3d+2 individual skill, no higher than combined 8d in all 3 force skills...
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
As a linked q..

For padawan/untrained/non master level force users that "went unnoticed".. what would you say is a MAX D value they would have?

1) There are templates for Minor Jedi, Failed Jedi, Quixotic Jedi, and Revwien Adept. Unless you disallow all of them there are some survivors. Afterall, it's a big galaxy and neither Darth nor the Emperor can be everywhere.

2) The Revwien have the Tyia as an alien force tradition. We've also seen in various media the Dathomir witches. It's clear (and logical) that there would be other force traditions besides the Jedi and the Sith, those traditions may have their versions of adepts or masters who have higher skills.

3) It's your SWU. Use the number and level of survivors that works for you.
Downstrike
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a number, couple hundred. We are finding things we were certain were extinct every year ( the newest is some duck in africa ) . That's just one planet.

Also I have to side with EU simply because what we do with the game itself is EU.

I'd also like to add that this is the same empire that let a backwater bumpkin blow up their expensive space station and then thought if they hide it over by the ewoks everything would be okay. I've seen the power and efficiency of the US Army and if it is any indicator of how a larger galactic military would function than the empire was doomed before conception
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: