The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Tobias
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Element of Fire - Hellcat -> Tobias Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain


Joined: 25 May 2011
Posts: 936
Location: WI

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobias will move toward the Rodian and will concentrate before using life detection on the area where the Hutt is supposed to be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 11926
Location: New England

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobias approaches the Rodian, calling on the Force as he does so. Immediately he can sense everyone within a ten meter radius, and is a little concerned at the large number of beings he detects. But at the same time he's thankful as he can detect if anyone tries sneaking up on him. None of those he detects is Force-sensitive.

Turning to his left as he reaches the Rodian he notes another doorway behind which he can sense only one being. Turning to his right he sees the Hutt sitting on a dias and about three other beings, though he detect another two beings in the room even though he can't seem them.

The Rodian looks at Tobias as he approaches and get's up, straightening out her robes. It's immediately clear this Rodian seems a little pleased at finally having something to do
.

"Ah, an upworlder. I am Ishka Azon, majordoma to Varoa the Hutt. Have you come to see Lord Varoa? Perhap's you wish to place a bounty on someone's head? Or is it other buisness?" She asks pleasantly


(OOC: Tobias has life detection up.



Tobias is green, Ishka is cyan
_________________
FLUFFY for President!!!!

Wanted Poster


Last edited by Hellcat on Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain


Joined: 25 May 2011
Posts: 936
Location: WI

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Greetings, Ishka. My name is Tobias. I am actually looking for information and was told that perhaps Lord Varoa could help. Would it be possible to gain an audience with him?"

(OOC-.Do I have to do anything to keep life detection up? Does it prohibit other actions?)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 11926
Location: New England

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ah, buiness. Of course, of course. Many come to see Lord Varoa on the buisness of information. This way, this way."

Ishka leads Tobias into what is obviously the Hutt's audiance chamber. Given the size of the chamber and the fact that it's in a cantina, Varoa is likely a minor Hutt. But that doesn't seem to bother him in the least little bit.

The Hutt eyes Tobias as Ishka speaks in his native tounge
.

"Hi chuba da naga, Tobias?" Varoa demands in a booming voice.

"Mighty Varoa wishes to know what you want of his lordship," Ishka translates.

(OOC

Tobias is green, Ishka cyan)
_________________
FLUFFY for President!!!!

Wanted Poster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain


Joined: 25 May 2011
Posts: 936
Location: WI

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobias, trying to maintain an air of respect, will bow slightly and reply:

"Greetings, Lord Varoa. I am here to seek information about some acquaintances of mine and was told that perhaps you might be able to help me locate them..."

Tobias pauses for a moment, wondering how much information he should give so soon, but decides to throw in one more detail.

"...they are in the Under City."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain


Joined: 25 May 2011
Posts: 936
Location: WI

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While Tobias waits for the Hutt's reply and for that reply to be translated, he will maintain his life detection, especially trying to sense if anyone else is approaching.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 11926
Location: New England

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hutt remains impassive, as if what Tobias said doesn't phase him. Tobias however notes a human male iin his mid to late twenties, whom he could see before, arch an eyebrow. He steps up onto the dais and whispers something to the Hutt lord. Varoa's eyes go wide, but he still shakes his head as the man steps off the dais. He then speaks again, Ishka listening to him. Finally she shakes her head in understanding.

"Lord Varoa has no knowledge of the Undercity. He says it is not the place a buisnessman such as himself has anything to do with." Tobias gets the feeling he may know what kind of a buisnessman Varoa is from the way Ishka speaks, but it may not be wise to confront him on that fact. "However, Lord Varoa says there are those who may be able to help. For a price of course."
_________________
FLUFFY for President!!!!

Wanted Poster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain


Joined: 25 May 2011
Posts: 936
Location: WI

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobias arches an eyebrow and says, "How much?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 11926
Location: New England

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ishka translates what Tobias asked and Varoa let's out a deep laugh. He then speaks. Tobias notes the man who had spoken to Varoa before arch an eyebrow as if he disproves of what the Hutt just said, but he keeps his silence.

"Lord Varoa says the price is dependent on exactly what you want. You say you wish to locate your acquaintances in the Undercity. Are you seeking merely to meet with them or to place a bounty on their heads? Or perhaps you are seeking to meet with those who have information on the Undercity. As Lord Varoa will be asking as a go between for any of these, the minimum asking price is five hundred currenc. And the price could go as high as eight hundred."
_________________
FLUFFY for President!!!!

Wanted Poster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain


Joined: 25 May 2011
Posts: 936
Location: WI

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobias, keeping an eye on the young man replies: "Contrary to what you may believe, I am not a man of means. Perhaps something cheaper, then. How much to simply show me the door that leads to the undercity?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 11926
Location: New England

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Then perhaps you would be willing to do a favor, to be named at a later date," the man says before Varoa or Ishka can say anything. "I know how to reach the Undercity. And you say you are not a man of means, so I would be willing to waiver any fee I would normally charge for the favor later. Simple as that."
_________________
FLUFFY for President!!!!

Wanted Poster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain


Joined: 25 May 2011
Posts: 936
Location: WI

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobias will nod respectfully at the Hutt and then will look the man in the eye and say: "Ok, you have my attention. I will happily do favors for my friends, but are you in that category? Might I have the pleasure of knowing your name?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 11926
Location: New England

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Kang. Davik Kang. And whether or not I am your friend is irrelevant at the moment. You want to go to the Undercity, I can make that possible. All you have to do right now is agree to doing a favor for me later. Do we have a deal?"
_________________
FLUFFY for President!!!!

Wanted Poster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain


Joined: 25 May 2011
Posts: 936
Location: WI

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobias thinks a moment and glances at the Hutt to gauge his reaction to this. He then responds, "Well Mr. Kang, depending on the type of favor you have in mind, I believe we have a deal."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 11926
Location: New England

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"As I said, the favor is to be named later. And as we have a deal you'll follow me."

Tobias notes Varoa doesn't say anything about this Davik Kang taking over the negotiating. In fact it seems more like the Hutt is less the big fish Hutts tend to be in situations like this. Ever since Kang took over the negotiations Varoa has seemed more willing to play second fiddle. It's clear that whoever Davik Kang is, he's more important down here than the Hutt lord.

Without much choice Tobias is forced to follow in Davik's wake. The two leave the cantina and travel for several minutes, Tobias wondering if he made a mistake coming down here. He slowly begins to note the area their traveling in slowly increases in the amount of security present, hinting at the area becoming more and more dangerous. He finds his hand travelling to the katana the Jedi who it belongs to had placed in his custody. Tobias can't be certain but it almost seems to radiate a gentle warmth to his touch despite being cold steel. It seems to briefly spark something in him he thought long gone.

Finally Davik holds up a hand for Tobias to stop. Up ahead he spies a turbolift and....

Tobias's heart seems to stop as he notes the lift is being guarded by a quartet of TCA officers. Surely they must have captured the Jedi and know where he's going. Davik orders Tobias to wait here and proceeds to march right up to the guards. He watches as Davik talks to the guards for about three or four minutes. Then to his total shock he sees Davik hand each of the guards something. From the color, shape, and size he realizes each guard just took several large denomination currenc. The man just bribed the guards! And rather succesfully as the next thing Tobias knows Davik's waving him over as one of the guards cheerily opens the turbolift for him
.

"You go find your aquaintinces," Davik says as if nothing just happened. "If you come back, find Varoa. He'll put you in touch with me."

Tobias enters the lift and as the doors close behind him he begins to wonder if this was a good idea.
_________________
FLUFFY for President!!!!

Wanted Poster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Element of Fire - Hellcat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group


v2.0