The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

South Dakota
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups -> South Dakota Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: South Dakota Reply with quote

Are there any gamers in South Dakota looking for a group to play with? I am currently co-GMing for a group of 3-4 (Depending on the weekend) and we play several different RPGs including:

Star Wars
Exodus
Battletech
Pathfinder
Original World Of Darkness

We have room at our table for two additional players. If anyone is interested, let me know!
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: South Dakota Reply with quote

Hmmm...tempting, but I fear the commute from Maryland would be brutal. Wink
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: South Dakota Reply with quote

Bren wrote:

Well, until the twins arrive, we still have a guest room, . . . . We could let you crash for the night before heading home. Wink

If it makes any difference, we live on the East side of the state, so that would help with the commute a little too.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: South Dakota Reply with quote

Guardian_A wrote:
Bren wrote:

Well, until the twins arrive, we still have a guest room, . . . . We could let you crash for the night before heading home. Wink

If it makes any difference, we live on the East side of the state, so that would help with the commute a little too.
Nice. That made me chuckle. Very Happy

Seriously, I hope some closer players turn up.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: South Dakota Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
Guardian_A wrote:
Bren wrote:

Nice. That made me chuckle. Very Happy

Seriously, I hope some closer players turn up.

We actually have a really good group of players at the moment, but we always have room for new friends. I figure its unlikely that we will net a new player this way, but it never hurts to try!
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was semi-considering a one time visit, since you're just in South Dakota and I'm in Montana (neighbors, ya know), but since you're on the East side of the state and I'm on the West side of Montana, I'd be driving for over a day to get there. A little prohibitive. Confused
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimace wrote:
I was semi-considering a one time visit, since you're just in South Dakota and I'm in Montana (neighbors, ya know), but since you're on the East side of the state and I'm on the West side of Montana, I'd be driving for over a day to get there. A little prohibitive. Confused

LOL, you must live out in the same direction as my parents then. They live near Kalispell. When they come to visit, they usually make it a two day trip.
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm about 3 hours drive from Kalispell. (That's 193 miles for the non-western people).

Heading east, though, would be substantially longer. To get from where I live to Sioux Falls, for example, is about a 15 hour drive (or 900 miles). That's the equivalent of driving from New York City to Atlanta, Georgia!
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sioux Falls, I'm actually about 90 minutes NW of there. I go there for gaming supplies from time to time.

How I'm looking at things, Bren is about a day away from here to the East, and Grimace is about a day away from here to the West. My place is the middle ground! If you guys want to head on over, I'll throw a case of Dew in the fridge and start the pizza! Wink
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian_A wrote:
How I'm looking at things, Bren is about a day away from here to the East, and Grimace is about a day away from here to the West. My place is the middle ground! If you guys want to head on over, I'll throw a case of Dew in the fridge and start the pizza! Wink
Sioux Falls is a 21 hour drive from me. Ouch! Don't hold your breath on me showing up next week guys. Laughing
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, even with 90 minutes taken off, that's still 13 and a half hours of solid driving for me to get there. Montana isn't a small state. Heck, the county I live in has more land area than the entire state of Delaware! So I don't think I'd be hopping over there in a "day" either. Sorry.
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Florida... Very Happy

you wanna talk about brutal travel?
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Washington State. I'm TyCaine's counterpart!

Complete Starship Construction System
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more people who chime in, the more my place sounds like the middle ground, . . .

What part of Washington? I grew up in Maple Valley.
nuclearwookiee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian_A, I had been meaning to ask you what area of the state you occupy... as it so happens my wife and I just moved back from Maryland this last fall. We're both SD natives. So 90 minutes NW of of Sioux Falls ought to put you in throwing distance of where I grew up. We're about 90 minutes SW now ourselves.

By the way, Bren, don't let anybody talk you in to making that drive. I've done it a few times now and the wife and I drove nonstop from Baltimore when we moved back (pitstops only) last August. I will not likely do that again. lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: