The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

A New Threat - OOC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie -> A New Threat - OOC Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orgaloth wrote:
Use something like photobucket, then post it as an image.

Well, it appears that I have at least figured that out somewhat. There is now a picture of the ship and also the map where the clones are. It only seems to work about half of the time, but it's a start.
southpaw
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must say I'm enjoying reading everyone's little stories immensely. I can see who I'm gonna get along with... and who's gonna get stuck in my craw Smile
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

southpaw wrote:
Must say I'm enjoying reading everyone's little stories immensely.

Good to hear!
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

southpaw wrote:
Must say I'm enjoying reading everyone's little stories immensely. I can see who I'm gonna get along with... and who's gonna get stuck in my craw Smile

I agree! I cant wait to see how the group comes together!

I must admit, running this character is already turning into something of an experience. I'm so used to playing Bounty Hunter and Special Agent style characters, that running a completely non-combat character is a little bit of a shock to the system. I have to keep telling myself, "Dont stay and shoot or set up an ambush, JUST run away!"

I'm starting to think my character is going to be the 3P0 of the group. Terribly useful in the right situation, but most the time eveyone just wants to shove him out the airlock, . . . Laughing
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

southpaw wrote:

I'm definitely enjoying both playing Kage and reading the other stories...I'm really enjoying it so far. 8) Good stuff!
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm a little confused on exactly how Kage's and Bri'tan's separate realities are meshing up, now that they're trying to talk to one another. Has Kage heard Bri'tan, and vice versa? Maybe a "Bri'tan & Kage" thread would help. Question
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're just ahead of me. Depending on Bri'tan's next action, you guys will be joined up. Bri'tan just recieve Kage's call, before he shouted to Kage.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Kage has now been moved over to Bri'tan's thread. My lastest post hopefully helps clarify any confusion. If not, let me know.
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wisconsin Wookie wrote:
Ok, Kage has now been moved over to Bri'tan's thread. My lastest post hopefully helps clarify any confusion. If not, let me know.

Nope, that's perfect! Didn't mean to jump the gun earlier; I didn't realize you were between posts. Very Happy
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurk is now in the Main IC thread!
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been putting a little thought into what to charge my passangers when they board.

Looking at the Supply & Demand chart in GG6 p94. The cheapest item I can find on the chart is Minerals at Very Low Demand (1350 Credits/Ton) With a cargo hold that can carry 800 Tons, the total value would be 1,080,000 Credits. Would it be reasonable to assume my profit margine would be 1% of the total value (10,800 Credits)? If thats the case, I'll use that as a guideline for passangers, after all, I'm giving up such a lucrative load just so I can transport these guys across the galaxy, . . . Wink
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian_A wrote:
I've been putting a little thought into what to charge my passangers when they board.

Looking at the Supply & Demand chart in GG6 p94. The cheapest item I can find on the chart is Minerals at Very Low Demand (1350 Credits/Ton) With a cargo hold that can carry 800 Tons, the total value would be 1,080,000 Credits. Would it be reasonable to assume my profit margine would be 1% of the total value (10,800 Credits)? If thats the case, I'll use that as a guideline for passangers, after all, I'm giving up such a lucrative load just so I can transport these guys across the galaxy, . . . Wink

I think that a 1% profit margin would be a reasonable assumption. I also think your figure there is a good place to negotiate from. Perhaps, as the mission moves along, there will also be things the passengers can offer besides cash.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthias - In answer to a previous post of yours, I would tend to agree that number crunching can take some fun out of the game. That being said, we should be tracking major expenses and income. If that is something you enjoy and want to do I am more than happy to let you do that. If not, I will keep track and that's fine to. Either way, let's post a "Budget" thread in the ships forum. While I think of it, doesn't WEG somewhere have an example of what we are talking about?

As far as conversion from credits to dollars go, I will take your word on what is most fair Confused .
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wisconsin Wookie wrote:
Guardian_A wrote:

I think that a 1% profit margin would be a reasonable assumption. I also think your figure there is a good place to negotiate from. Perhaps, as the mission moves along, there will also be things the passengers can offer besides cash.

Sounds like a plan then. I'll probably start with 10,800C then try to convince them to pay us weekly for the cost of provisions on top of that! Wink
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're on the right track with your costs for cargo. Passengers though. Yes they take up a cabin or two, and they eat food, but unless they are bringing something big that needs to go into the cargo hold, there,s nothing stopping you from hauling a full load and passengers. Food wise, the ships provisions are for a full crew compliment. So if every bunk was taken, then you have 3 months worth of food. if its just Britan and Kage, then the food would last a lot longer. So 10 people = 3 months, one = 30ish (althogh our chubby Bith it might only be about 12 Wink).

Also remember Solo got real excited over Obi Wans offer of 14000 "They must be really desperate." And that was for 2 organics and 2 droids.

Games wise I don't really care what the price is, Daevon has no clue, and the Temple is paying, but I thought I might give you something to think about.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16

Jump to: