The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

A New Threat - OOC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie -> A New Threat - OOC Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yes. Shake = no, nod = yes.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orgaloth wrote:
I think you're on the right track with your costs for cargo. Passengers though. Yes they take up a cabin or two, and they eat food, but unless they are bringing something big that needs to go into the cargo hold, there,s nothing stopping you from hauling a full load and passengers. Food wise, the ships provisions are for a full crew compliment. So if every bunk was taken, then you have 3 months worth of food. if its just Britan and Kage, then the food would last a lot longer. So 10 people = 3 months, one = 30ish (althogh our chubby Bith it might only be about 12 Wink).

Also remember Solo got real excited over Obi Wans offer of 14000 "They must be really desperate." And that was for 2 organics and 2 droids.

Games wise I don't really care what the price is, Daevon has no clue, and the Temple is paying, but I thought I might give you something to think about.

The arguement is going to be that this is the minimum I would be paid for a full cargo. Since you guys want to leave before I can get a cargo, I'll want the bare minimum of what I would otherwise make for a trip.

The 14,000 credit arguement about the Millennium Falcon really dosnt hold much water. Her cargo hold is only 100 tons. With the same formula I used before, Han would have made 1,350 credits when earning 1% on a minimum value load. Needless to say, the Greased Nerf is a much larger ship, with a 800 ton cargo hold.

PS: Bri'tan dosnt eat THAT much! He only eats double rations! Wink
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I'm out of town on vacation this weekend, so I'll not be posting a lot (or at all, we'll see though). I should be back in full force on Tuesday. Feel free to treat Kage as an NPC until I return!

Wisconsin Wookie wrote:
Matthias - In answer to a previous post of yours, I would tend to agree that number crunching can take some fun out of the game. That being said, we should be tracking major expenses and income. If that is something you enjoy and want to do I am more than happy to let you do that. If not, I will keep track and that's fine to. Either way, let's post a "Budget" thread in the ships forum. While I think of it, doesn't WEG somewhere have an example of what we are talking about?

I'll go ahead and make the Budget post, and as the GM/moderator of this forum, you'll have the ability to edit my post, so that way we can both attend to it as needed. Smile

Wisconsin Wookie wrote:
As far as conversion from credits to dollars go, I will take your word on what is most fair Confused .

I should probably make a thread on that topic in the regular forums, actually...

Orgaloth wrote:
Also remember Solo got real excited over Obi Wans offer of 14000 "They must be really desperate." And that was for 2 organics and 2 droids.

I thought it was 17,000?
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the lull that last few days. There are/will be a few new posts tonight.
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine by me. Laughing
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking about some of the things Bri'tan can do with the ship as time progresses.

These changes include (Likely in this order):

Maneuverability 2D
Sublight 7
Hyperdrive X1/2 (Costs 5 tons cargo space)
Install a 2 ton Secret Cargo Compartment (Costs 10 Tons cargo space)
Sensor Jamming Software (Costs 1 ton cargo space)
Shields 2D (Costs 2 tons cargo space)
Convert one cargo hold into a Refrigeration hold. (Costs 10 Tons cargo space)

Are any of these going to be REALLY hard to come by?
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian_A wrote:
I'm thinking about some of the things Bri'tan can do with the ship as time progresses.

These changes include (Likely in this order):

Maneuverability 2D
Sublight 7

I think they are all doable, though the secret compartment maybe the most difficult. It will all depend on where you end up and if you can find the right kind of people who can provide those things. But, knowing your goals, I can provide some opportunities along the way.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'll go ahead and make the Budget post, and as the GM/moderator of this forum, you'll have the ability to edit my post, so that way we can both attend to it as needed. Smile

I got the budget post started, go ahead and modify it to fit your liking.[/quote]
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian_A wrote:
The arguement is going to be that this is the minimum I would be paid for a full cargo. Since you guys want to leave before I can get a cargo, I'll want the bare minimum of what I would otherwise make for a trip.

The 14,000 credit arguement about the Millennium Falcon really dosnt hold much water. Her cargo hold is only 100 tons. With the same formula I used before, Han would have made 1,350 credits when earning 1% on a minimum value load. Needless to say, the Greased Nerf is a much larger ship, with a 800 ton cargo hold.

PS: Bri'tan dosnt eat THAT much! He only eats double rations! Wink

True. If you left with empty holds, because the passengers insisted, I can see validation to have the higher price. I was talking more in line with cargo and passengers though.

Guardian_A wrote:
Maneuverability 2D
Sublight 7

I would say that the Hyperdrive mod and then the Compartments, would be the hardest to get. Followed by the Jammer (depending on specs Military or commercial), Shields, refigeration and sublight would be real easy to find.

Matthias777 wrote:
I thought it was 17,000?

You're right. I had to look it up. I knew it was in the teens though.

Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wisconsin Wookie wrote:
Quote:

I got the budget post started, go ahead and modify it to fit your liking.

Okay, I've made my post...sorry I didn't do it before; I was getting ready for my trip and forgot about it. Everyone feel free to check my math (especially Skyler, since we're taking Daryn's money, or rather, the Jedi Order's) and make sure that I've got everything down right!
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an addition to your comment on Kamino, Obi Wan had to go to Dexx to find out about Kamino, and he said it was remote. So I don't think it would be on a lot of maps.

Du Cass' Dream
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wookiee, Just a heads up. The Nerf is designed to accomidate 8 organics. At present, we have 4 on board. That will leave 4 bunks for clones or anyone else you want to join us. If the clones hot-bunk, we can hold 8 more, but its going to be hell on the environmental controls and air scrubbers.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian_A wrote:
Wookiee, Just a heads up. The Nerf is designed to accomidate 8 organics. At present, we have 4 on board. That will leave 4 bunks for clones or anyone else you want to join us. If the clones hot-bunk, we can hold 8 more, but its going to be hell on the environmental controls and air scrubbers.

Thans for the heads up. There will be 4 Clones coming on board. But that is something to keep in mind.

Also, in regard to travel time, I wil post on that later today.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthias777 wrote:
Wisconsin Wookie wrote:
Quote:

I got the budget post started, go ahead and modify it to fit your liking.

Okay, I've made my post...sorry I didn't do it before; I was getting ready for my trip and forgot about it. Everyone feel free to check my math (especially Skyler, since we're taking Daryn's money, or rather, the Jedi Order's) and make sure that I've got everything down right!

Looks good to me. When income or expenses come along, I will leave the editing of that post to you. Thanks!
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian_A wrote:

I was thinking about this, and I don't think it would be as bad as all that. Consider the fact that this is a cargo transport, designed to accommodate all manner of cargo. Each of the four holds even has independent environmental controls/scrubbers/etc. (a feature described as notable in the Star Wars Universe). Bear in mind that some cargo is living, putting out both heat and waste gases in addition to using the oxygen provided by the scrubbers (cattle, exotic pets, refugees, etc.). It might require a little creativity or just plain making the clones sleep/stay in the holds, but we could make the Nerf a troop transport for a run or two...although functioning in such a capacity for an extended amount of time would indeed require more permanent modifications to the ship's systems.

Wisconsin Wookie wrote:
Matthias777 wrote:

Looks good to me. When income or expenses come along, I will leave the editing of that post to you. Thanks!

No problem. I hope me keeping track of this stuff helps make things a little more fun without bogging things down. 8)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 4 of 16

Jump to: