The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Kel Intro Thread
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie -> Kel Intro Thread Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Kel Intro Thread Reply with quote

Kel sat in his corner booth, spinning his bottle cap on the table and pondering his next move. Business had been slow of late - at least slower than it was when he was in the military. Back then there seemed to be no shortage of work to do.

Kel let out a sigh and then finished off his bottle, taking a quick scan of the room. He'd been dumped on this planet a few days ago and was hoping to scare up some more work, but as he looked around it did not look very promising. The Purple Haze, as the cantina was known, was full of down-on-their-luck pilots and smugglers and other various beings who looked as if their luck had just run out.

Kel shook his head and started fishing in his pockets for a credit or two to lay on the table when something caught his eye. Just then, a new person entered the smokey, dimly lit bar. A tall, striking human female strode confidently through the door and paused to look around. All eyes were on her and rightly so, as her skin-tight outfit left little to the imagination and her jet-black hair and piercing blue eyes demanded attention.

Just then, her eyes focused on Kel, and narrowed slightly.
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without giving anything away Kel released the latch on his holster and manually checks again to make sure the blaster is set to stun.

Steely eyed he takes in a quick glance of the room to make sure this figure is not some kind of distraction from other movement in the shadows.

He then locks his gaze on hers and nods for her to join him at his table. With a simple wave of his hand he gestures for a servant droid to come over.

He continues to keep a very close eye on the Human, but not to the point he ignores his peripheral vision.

He waits patiently for her to make the next move.

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Kel scans the room, he notices that every poor sap in the bar was entranced by this new arrival. Of course, he couldn't blame them. In fact, if not for his extensive training he may have reacted like the rest of them. Kel does not detect anyone else approaching or even paying him any attention at all.

As he nods and motions for her to come on over, Kel sees the woman smirk for a just a second, noticing his confidence. With that, she strides down the four steps into the bar and confidently crosses the main floor, as a sea of heads turn to follow her path. As she makes her way over, Kel realizes that despsite his best efforts, he has in fact ignored his peripheral vision. But, he figured tunnel vision wasn't all bad, from time to time.

As the woman is about 10 feet away from Kel's booth, an obviously inebriated spacer slides his chair back, blocking her path. With a cocky grin on his face, the big man stands up and says something to her, though Kel couldn't make out the words.
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kel will quickly move to sap the inebriated spacer on the back of the head with the butt of his pistol in an effort to subdue him non lethally.

(assuming that works)

Kel will sit the spacer back in his chair and push his chair back in in an effort to make way for the lady to get through and join Kel at his table.

"M'Lady" as he gestures her through he scans the room one more time to make sure the status of the rest of the room has not changed.

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Kel approaches, the woman catches his eye and gives a patient grin.

The drunk human did not notice Kel approach and made no move to avoid what was coming. Kel deftly grabs his blaster in a reverse grip and forcefully smacks the back of the guy's head.

The drunk spacer collapses and goes limp from the blow to the head. Kel and the woman quickly catch the man and slide him back into his chair.

The woman nods at Kel and gracefully slides into the booth. Kel notices that most of the bar's patrons quickly turn back to their drinks, while a few continue to watch the pair.

As Kel sits down, the woman says, with a glint in her eye: "Thanks for the help...though you missed out on a chance to see what I can do."
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wisconsin Wookie wrote:
As Kel sits down, the woman says, with a glint in her eye: "Thanks for the help...though you missed out on a chance to see what I can do."

With a sly grin Kel flirts "I have been watching you since you stepped into this watering hole, I do not believe I missed anything. You... are… a hard person to miss; you made quite an impression as you entered. The name’s Kel, in case you were not already aware, and I am at your service. Care for a refreshment?"

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The woman meets Kel's eyes and with a coy smile replies: "Mr. Ang, you are quite the smooth talker...perhaps that is why you are so good at what you do?"

Breaking eye contact and glancing at the incoming server droid, she continues: "And yes, I'd love a drink, though not from here." A slight look of disgust appears on her face as she once again gets a glimpse of the bar and its customers.

Just as quickly she turns back, resuming her smile and continuing: "Besides, time is of the essence."

Last edited by Wisconsin Wookie on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ah! I see my reputation precedes me. Right, straight to business." Kel's face takes a slightly more serious look. "Well, then is there a place and time for us to meet or shall we retire to your place of choosing right now? I am all yours."and with that last line the roguish grin returns to his face.

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mysterious woman again grins at Kel's confidence. She then turns sideways to glance at the rest of the bar before continuing: "I think that is a good idea. Perhaps a place with a few less prying eyes." The woman turns back to Kel and with that same coy grin says, "Follow me." With that, she slides out of the bar and strides toward the back of the establishment. As she walks, Kel notices her type a few commands into a wrist computer that he hadn't noticed before.
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kel whispers back so only she can hear him "As you wish."
Then he tries to see if he recognizes the tech she is using that he did not notice the first time he looked her over.
He will also see if he notices anything else he may have missed as he is following her.

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kel watches as the woman strides quickly and confidently out the back door and into an alley. From his new vantage point, Kel can't get a real good look at the wrist computer she was using.

Kel doesn't notice anything else that he had missed, though from his new vantage point, Kel got a much better look at her athletic frame. Kel concluded that she could probably handle herself quiet well.

After a few more turns through back alleys, the duo came out onto what passed for main street in this town. At about that time, a luxury speeder pulled to a stop and the rear door opened. The woman glided into the back seat and motioned for Kel to follow.
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kel takes one quick glance around, tries to clear off any dirt on his boots and steps into the vehicle closing the door behind him.
"Well isn't this cozy. Are we ready to discuss business, or are we still playing around with pleasure?"
a roguish grin comes across his face once again.

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The woman returns his grin and answers, "Can't it be a little bit of both?"

Without waiting for a reply, she pops open a very expensive bottle of champagne and poors two tall glasses that had been sitting vacant on the arm rest between them. Offering one to Kel she says, "This is from my home world and is infinitely better than anything you could have ordered for me at that dive bar."

She takes a long drink and waits for Kel to do the same. After a moment, her expression takes on a more serious look, before she says rather bluntly: "My employer is looking for weapons...LOTS of weapons."
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

with a quick nod he acknowledges her comment about being a little bit of both.

He breathes in the aroma of the champagne before taking a drink form the glass "Oh, yes this is infinitely better than anything on this planet."

as to her comment about weapons he replies "Small arms, artillery, anti - walker, what are we in the market for?"

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The woman smiles as she replies: "All of the above."

She takes down another long drink of champagne before continuing: "My employer wants as many guns as you can get your hands on...with one condition." She lets that hang in the air before concluding: "The guns all have to be Republic issue."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: