The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Any interest in a Knights of the Old Republic era campaign?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Overview -> Any interest in a Knights of the Old Republic era campaign? Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Any interest in a Knights of the Old Republic era campaign? Reply with quote

So, I've been thinking about a Knights of the Old Republic era campaign for a while now. But before I invest much more time in the idea, I thought it would be a good idea to gague everyone's interest.

I would be looking for +6 players.

The players would be creating Mercenary/Pirate style characters.

If you're interested in playing, let me know! If you have questions, ask!
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have an idea about the style of campaign? What will outlr characters be doing?
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
Do you have an idea about the style of campaign? What will outlr characters be doing?

The story starts around the time "Darth Bane: Path of Destruction" is ending. The characters are members of the Sith Army who have gone to ground in the aftermath of the Sith Order's fall. Beyond that, the characters would be following their own path through the story. For some, it might be a quest for redemption, others might be driven towards revenge, . . . Do they turn to piracy? Become Mercenaries? Smugglers? Something else?
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a PM from a couple of people a little while ago who are interested in playing. One thing was brought up that I thought I should address.

While I would prefer that at least 2-3 people are DIRECTLY associated with the Sith Army, I dont have a problem with players who want to play Smugglers/Pirates/Bounty Hunters/Mercs/etc so long as they have STRONG ties to the Sith Army. In other words, they would be "known associates" of the Sith.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would you like to best achieve this? A Failed Sith, perhaps? I havent read the Dath Bane books yet, so I am not familiar with the story line. I did read Knight Errant, and in that one each lord had their own forces. A lot of opportunities abound here for strong ties to the Sith. Also, doyou want to steer clear of already established Force users?
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story would be starting when the Sith order falls and Darth Bane starts the Rule of Two. During this time period, Darth Bane and his apprentace have gone to ground. Any other Sith are scrambling to survive as their empire crumbles around them. Think of the Purge, only its the Sith on the receiving end.

A force user would be acceptable, but they would'nt be trained when the story starts. On that note, if you wanted to learn, I'd give you the opportunity, . . .

Anyone who would have been associated with the Sith Order would be acceptable. My preference would be a group of soldiers who were serving in the Sith army, but Sith adepts would be ok as well.

Part of the reason I chose the time period is because there is so little known about it and the people from that time period (Unlike the Episode 1-3 and episode 4-40yrs later.) Because of this, I can do almost anything I want without messing with established history. Thats not to say that I rule out the possibility of introducing existing characters from that time period into the game.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I am misremembering...but aren't Sith Adepts pretty, well...adept? I thought they were among the upper echelon of Sith...perhaps with a certain focus in their training. Kinda like Jedi Consulars, Sentinels, etc.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
Maybe I am misremembering...but aren't Sith Adepts pretty, well...adept? I thought they were among the upper echelon of Sith...perhaps with a certain focus in their training. Kinda like Jedi Consulars, Sentinels, etc.

Yeah, you are correct. I guess the correct way to phrase it would have been Sith Apprentace, someone who has JUST started his/her training in the ways of the Sith.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sith Acolytes. Acolytes are sort of the equivalent of younglings, then apprentice is the padawan level. Before Acolyte I think they're referred to as Initiates.

-Initiate
-Acolyte
-Apprentice

I have to say. I tried doing a quick little background for a character and the moment I typed Sith in, I got a nasty taste in my mouth. Good luck with your game Guard. I hope you get enough people. Smile
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because a person was part of the Sith army, dosnt mean they were a bad person. Many of the people who served were good people who thought they were fighting to protect their families and their freedom.

You're welcome to run a character who was simply fighting for the wrong side, but for the right reasons, . . .
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
Sith Acolytes. Acolytes are sort of the equivalent of younglings, then apprentice is the padawan level. Before Acolyte I think they're referred to as Initiates.

-Initiate
-Acolyte
-Apprentice

I have to say. I tried doing a quick little background for a character and the moment I typed Sith in, I got a nasty taste in my mouth. Good luck with your game Guard. I hope you get enough people. Smile

Sweet. That's what I thought. Perhaps a Young Jedi template, with a modification or two to make it a Young Sith. He would fit like younglings who have been training at the Temple...would have been learning lightsaber and Force techniques, but hadn't been assigned to a Master yet. That way they would have the rudimentary Force training, but not so much of the Sith indoctrination yet. Could make for some interesting roleplay, especially if we meet up with a Master or Knight who is willing to take him on. Smile
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else interested in joining? Right now, I have three people who have expressed an interest, thats half of what I'm hoping for. If we can get 5, I'll start looking into starting a forum for the game, otherwise the story will get filed away for another time, . . .
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a couple more PMs from people who might be interested in playing since my last post. They had some good questions, so I thought I would answer them here for everyone.

how many posts a week are you hoping for?
Probably about two. If people are active and I have time, I could post up to three times a week. I'll be sure to ask what everyone thinks before making any major changes.

what character types are already taken and what kind could you use yet?
As far as I know, no one has chosen what kind of character they want to play for sure. I plan to create a thread for everyone to talk about what they want to play. After all, the group will be starting together. I figure that building your characters as a group will allow you all to work out how everyone fits in that group.

I was just wondering what kind of story arcs can be expected. Are you expecting that we'll be characters who are actively trying to sabotage the republic government? Are we a band of intrepid yet somewhat loosely moraled individuals who are just trying to survive in a galaxy that spurns their very existence?
This is going to be entirely up to the players. I know how the story will be starting and how it will end. The kinds of characters you build will determine the path the story takes to get there.

What sorts of house rules will you be using?
None yet. If anything comes up, I will be sure try to discuss it with the group before it takes affect.

What will we be allowed to build our characters with?
Attribute Dice: 18D
Skill Dice: 15
Characters will be allowed to add up to 3D in any single skill.
You may either use an existing template, or create your own

Will we be rewarded for a rich, fruitful background?
Yes. I can go into more detail when the character creation proccess begins.

ROLL CALL!
I'd like it if eveyone who is seriously interested in playing can make a post in this thread. If we have at least 5 players, I will try to get a forum opened for the game.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the people who have PMd me sent me a message a little while ago to let me know he wont be able to participate (At least not at first.)

Out of 5 who have expressed an interest:
1 For Sure.
1 Unable to participate.
3 We havent heard back from yet.

I also have a friend from my real life gaming group who is interested in participating, I expect he will chime in by the end of the week.

I'll give things a couple more days to see if anyone else is still interested. If we cant get at least four people together, I wont be able to run the story I currently have planned.

If we cant get enough support, would everyone be interested in playing a different story? I'd be open to suggestions for the era/style of story.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Overview All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: