The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Chapter 1: Empire's End
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Empire's End - Guardian_A -> Chapter 1: Empire's End Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vin steadies himself in the pilot's chair as a wave of vertigo washes over him. Gritting his teeth against the disorientation, he forces himself through the rest of the checklist. When it is finished, he looks to see if there is a control that will activate the clamps. If he finds such a control, he activates it. Hopefully that will power them up. If not, he will run through the ship to the boarding ramp, and just before exiting the ship he'll don and seal his helmet again. Once outside the ship, he will attempt to power the clamps up by hitting the power lines with a blast of Force Lightning.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caster slowly gets to his feet, swaying slightly. His entire body aches from the punishment its been through, but he dosnt feel any serious damage.

John and Darwin dash to the mans side, beside the man, Ar-tee lets out a series of rude bluprs and raspberries where it is pinned beneath rubble.

Vin finishes powering up the Chainfire. Checking the onboard computer, he finds the maglock override. Entering the sequence, he feels the ship shift slightly at it comes loose of its docking clamps. Fighting a slowly increasing sense of vertigo, he starts navigating the ship out of the docking bay. He cringes, as the sound of metal on metal screeches down the starboard side of the Chainfire as the ship squeezes through a tight space. As the Chainfire clears the confines of the Oblivion, the ship's console chirps. Looking down, Vin sees that a group of three republic starfighters are rapidly approaching the Oblivion.
Yinan
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John stands beside caster, trying to hold him up.

"Can you move? We need to get to the air lock."
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caster stands up straight, fighting back any pain or soreness that will result. "Yeah, I'm alright. This your droid?"

Caster will glance at the two men to see if he recognizes them and also to look for any sign of rank insignia.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slipping on the headset comlink, Vin calls his team. "Three Republic fighters are inbound. Be ready to move, fast. I'm coming in now."

Vin focuses his will to ignore the rising vertigo, concentrating on the task of piloting the ship.

((OOC:Concentration then Starship Piloting))
Kaloth Varsk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Yeah, Artee is my copilot and mechanic on my shi...well he was the mechanic and copilot on my ship before this battle. Sounds like we have another ship on the way now. Are you able to walk?"

Darwin works to push away rubble where possible to dig his droid free.

OOC: Darwin is in tattered civilian garb that looks like it was once expensive. No rank.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the two men, Caster realizes that he has seen both of them around the ship, but he dosnt know who they are.

It dosnt take the group long to make their way back to the airlock where they plan to wait for Vin to arrive with a ship.

Aboard the Chainfire, Vin deftly navigates the familiar ship across the hull of the Oblivion towards the airlock he had exited earlier. Checking his scanners again, he sees that the Republic Fighters are still coming in the direction of the Oblivion. As he watches, the ships computer idtentifies them as a group of Aurek Strikefighters.

Realizing that the fighters will see him at any moment, he starts to dock the ship with the airlock. With the sound of the Chainfire locking into place, a terrible wave of dark side energy washes over him. He has barely enough time to realize that whatever the Sith Lords were doing on the surface of Russan had reaches completion before his world goes dark.

As the characters inside the Oblivion watch, they see the Chainfire settle gently into place. However, before any of them can reach for the airlock , the Chainfire shifts to one side, breaking the seal between the two ships. To make matters worse, the soft whistle of air escaping can be heard from the door they are standing by.

Vin dosnt know how long he had blacked out for, but the sound of alarm claxons can be heard all around him as he fights back another wave of nausia and struggles back into the pilot's seat. Shaking his head to clear it only makes things worse as vertigo threatens to plunge him back into darkness. As his eyes begin to refocus on the display before him, he realizes two things. First, the incoming Republic fighters will be on them in barely over a minute, and second, the Oblivion's airlock has a pinhole leak, slowly venting atmosphere into space.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vin locks the ship in place, gritting his teeth against the waves of vertigo and the looming unconsciousness assaulting him. Checking his displays, he notes the small amount of time he has til the Republic fighters reach him. He raises the shields, then makes his way to the airlock, bringing his helmet with him. When he arrives, he locates the pinhole and places his helmet over the leak to stop the flow of air. When he has stopped it he slaps the control to open the airlock.

Providing this is all successful, when the otgers start filing into the ship, Vin rasps, "Take the controls and get us outta here. Three Republic fighters on top of us...something on the planet is...interfering with my ability to function. Go! Go! Go!"
Yinan
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Take a deep breath and go"

John takes a deep breath after just saying that and opens the airlock, fearing the worst, but hearing Vin assures him that it's all or nothing now. He tries to rush through the Airlock and inside the Chainfire. When he's inside he will take a short overview and tries to help Vin if there is any way he can help.
Kaloth Varsk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darwin continues to dig more frantically to release his droid. "Artee, we need to get moving now. We aren't going to hold out here for long. The ship isn't going to be able to wait, and I'm not sure the air will be either."
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caster, taking a moment to regain some strength, leans against the hull and grimaces as he hears the sound of air escaping between the two ships. "Ain't that the way it goes?" he mutters to himself.

(Assuming Vin's work was successful and the door opens) Caster, before entering the airlock, will glance to see if the droid needs any more assistances in getting free. He figures he owed him that much.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ar-tee breaks free of the tangled mess with an indignified raspberry. Shaking free of the last few wires, a grinding sound comes from its left wheel as it lurches towards the airlock.

From down the corridor, Darwin hears Vin yelling "Go! Go! Go!" over the shrill whistle of air excaping between the two ships. Vin's voice sounds oddly slurred. Vin also appears to be leaning heavily against the airlock frame as John moves to Vin's side. Beside him, Caster looks back to see both Darwin and Ar-tee barelling down the corridor towards the airlock before dissapearing into the Chainfire.

Hearing his own voice, Vin realizes that something is wrong. Taking a mental inventory, he's convinced that whatever just happened on Russan has done something to his implant.

John can see that Vin looks physically ok, but seems sluggish. Not seeing any way to help him at the moment, he watches as Darwin and Ar-tee close the distance to the Chainfire.

Darwin half pushes Ar-tee to the airlock. The whole time, the little droid spouts a surprising string of obseneties as its left wheel refuses to work properly. The airlock closes so close on Darwin's heel that he feels the door brush the back of he heel.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vin feels a tremendous...wrongness coming over him. It is engulfing him, threatening to pull him under. It feels like a fog enveloping his mind...thinking has become next to impossible. As Darwin and Ar-tee get aboard the ship, Vin grabs the helmet to his space suit, stumbles aboard the Chainfire, and slaps the controls to seal the ship. "Get us out of here!" he hollers. "I can't fly us out. Something is wrong. Very wrong...I think my memory implant is malfunctioning. Something that happened down on the planet...something huge...and wrong...is messing me up. I need to...meditate...and get checked out. Any of you have any medical training?"
Kaloth Varsk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darwin heads straight for the pilot's chair to take an assessment of the situation. "You said something about fighters?"

Checking the sensors, he sees they are closing much faster than he had hoped. "Artee, see if you can plot us a course to the nearest system. I don't even care what it is. We just need to get out of here. I'm going to see if I can get us clear of all this debris so we can make a jump into hyperspace...and see if I can avoid getting us shot up in the process."

Darwin frantically looks over the controls, wishing he was back in his much more familiar frieghter instead of this Sith ship. He gets more hurried and tense in his speech as the fighters get closer. "The controls on this thing aren't layed out like my Lethisk...does this thing have any shields?"

Darwin attempts to release the connection from the airlock to accelerate to a more evasive speed. "I doubt we can outrun fighters. Someone is going to have to man the guns, and as far as medical care, T3 can fix anything that can be fixed with an arc welder. Beyond that, I don't think we can help much."
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vin activates his comlink in an attempt to contact his Master. "Master?" he sends. "Are you alright?"
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Empire's End - Guardian_A All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: