The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Chapter 1: Empire's End
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Empire's End - Guardian_A -> Chapter 1: Empire's End Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yinan
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I usually blow people up, not heal them, but let me see what i can do. You two just get us out of here, Darwin."

John tries to find any medical equipment and will take a look at Vin and tries to find out if anything is wrong with him.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noticing that most things seem to be covered, and being the late-comer to the party, Caster goes to find the gunwell, if there is one. On the way, he will fish through his pockets, looking to see if he can find his toothpick, which has gone missing.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darwin settles into the unfamiliar pilot's chair, glancing at the sensors, he feels his eyes widen, "Artee, see if you can plot us a course to the nearest system. I don't even care what it is. We just need to get out of here. I'm going to see if I can get us clear of all this debris so we can make a jump into hyperspace...and see if I can avoid getting us shot up in the process." Rolling up to the console, Ar-tee lets out an affermative whistle.

Vin holds his comlink, waiting anxiously for his master's reply. The only reply is a blast of static. Signal's jammed.

Not far into the ship, John finds a sparcely stocked medbay. He quickly realizes that the medbay has everything he would need to diagnose the problem, but that the medbay dosnt seem to have any medical supplies available that you wouldnt find in a basic medkit.

Recognizing the ships interior as a Lethisk class, Caster has no trouble finding the single gun. Settling himself behind the controls of the Double Laster Cannon, he finds that the weapon responds well to its controls.

Darwin disengages the Chainfire from the Oblivion, throwing the smaller ship into a series of evasive maneuvers.

When a light flashes on the console, Ar-tee reaches out its gaster arm, accepting the incomming transmission, "Sith vessel! Power down your ship and surrender or be fired upon."

(OOC: Everyone in the group would be familiar with the Aurek StrikeFighters. They are VERY fast and have a pair of Heavy Laser Cannons.

In contrast, a Lethisk class frieghter is sluggish in comparison but has a Double Laser Cannon and a Light Concussion Missile Launcher.

If anyone needs more information than that, I'm using the stats directly from the Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide - Conversion.)

Last edited by Guardian_A on Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vin stumbles to the cockpit and access the comm station. Tuning to his Master's comlink frequency, he tries again, this time with the much more powerful comm array of the ship.

He then switches back to the channel they were hailed on by the Republic fighters. Opening himself up to the Force, he replies, "Negative, Republic fighters. Hold your fire! We are prisoners escaping from the Sith vessel Oblivion. The warship is about to explode; they are having a core meltdown caused by all the damage done. We all need to get clear or be caught in the blast!"

(OOC: Concentration, then Con)
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The three incoming fighters slow their approach, two fighters breaking to starboard, while the third fighter slows even further, falling in behind its companions. After a long silence, the reply comes, "Negative, Sith vessel. Scanners show Oblivion's core shutting down, not overloading." The voice is firm, and holds a hint of anger, "Power down now, or we WILL fire on you!"
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Get us out of here," Vin says after muting the comm. "John, be ready to fire on those fighters. They're about to open up on us."

Over the comm he says, "Negative. That ship has a shielded core. They were activating it as we were escaping. They have dampers in place to mask the energy output. It's a last-ditch effort to take some of you out with them. We heard them talking about it when the attack started. We are all in danger!"

((OOC: Concentration, then Con again))
Kaloth Varsk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darwin tries to maneuver the ship to get some debris between them and the fighters, in order to deny a good shot. As soon as he has a moment where he likely won't have to dodge incoming fire, he turns his attention to bringing the shields online.

"I'm going to try to get shields up. With their firepower, we still won't last long in a fight. This thing looks pretty sturdy, but that is about all we have going for us."
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By way of reply to Vin's request, Caster brings his gun to bear on the nearest Republic fighter. Squinting slightly, Caster waits for tone and then unloads on the fighter, sending three shots its way.
Yinan
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Just don't get us killed guys".

John tries to find a place were he can sit and not fly around in the ship if Darwin is going to do any difficult or extravagent maneuver.

"And if you still feel ill Vin, just say so"
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I...can't explain what I feel," Vin says shakily. "I'm giving all I have to keep from dropping to the deck unconscious. There will be time for that later."
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vin barely stops speaking before the Republic fighters open fire. The shots from the first two fighters go wide while the third fighter slows as it seems to line itself up for a better shot.

Looking for cover, Darwin sees that the closest cover is the Oblivion. Unfortunately, the Republic fighters will be able to make at least one pass before he can put the Oblivion between them.

Caster watches as the Republic fighters open fire at long range, their shots going wide. Ametures. He thinks to himself as he patiently waits for his own weapon to get a clean lock. As soon as the tone sounds, he presses the trigger, firing off three shots.

John straps himself into one of the bridge seats, barely looking at the console in front of him as he snaps the crash harness in place. Glancing up through the cockpit viewport, he sees three lances of light streak through space towards the oncoming fighters. Two beams strike one fighters, visibly staggering the small ship but not destroying it. Finally looking at the console in front of himself, he sees the controls for both shields and the Chainfire's concussion missile launcher.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vin looks around at the stations still unmanned to see where he might best help in their escape.
Kaloth Varsk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Artee, we are going to need those coordinates. I doubt they continue to miss shots like that and we certainly aren't going to outrun them."

Darwin tries to mix in evasive maneuvers while trying to get some cover between the Chainfire and the republic fighters.
Yinan
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the shields are not already up, John will now do so.
He will also try to get a lock on one of the ships for the Concussion Missiles, but will not shoot yet but wait for either a good situation or some kind of "order".

(OOC: So if anyone says "Fire on the ship to the left" or something like that, John would lock on to that ship and fire").
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caster calmly keeps his focus on the lead fighter. Doing his best to anticipate the moves of both his own ship and the fighter, Caster again depresses the trigger, unleashing a fresh trio of blastor bolts, hoping to obliterate the Republic fighter and discourage his wingmen from further action.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Empire's End - Guardian_A All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: