The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Health care plans SW style.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Health care plans SW style.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Health care plans SW style. Reply with quote

Ok, we know (well those of us who play Shadowrun) that there is those "ratings" one can get in that service which provides resussitation, regeneration and other health services.. Linking to this post in the thread on XP giving
MacRauri wrote:

It is if the group's healthcare plan covers cybernetic replacements. Nothing like smacking with the group with some surprise medical costs because Torval decided to suicide into the stormtroopers but unfortunately lived to tell the tale.

Has anyone made a SW like health insurance provider that the party can get, which DOES include cybernetic replacements/?
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of my player characters ever took out an insurance policy of any kind. That kind of thinking doesn't seem to be part of the hero's world view. Only those who are weak want others to take care of them. The strong take care of themselves. I have had player characters who had to purchase starship insurance in order to get a loan to buy a starship. But, that was a requirement, not a choice.

That having been said, I have had player characters who purchased cybernetics from the Rebellion's medical corps to replace parts lost in battle, so they could continue serving the Rebellion. We imagined cybernetics would be a standard way of dealing with battle injuries...kinda like crutches and wheelchairs on Earth.

But, health care plans!? No. I would expect that kind of 'people control' to be more of an Imperial thing. Maybe it is so foolish it simply doesn't exist outside of our little primitive, backwards planet. Even on our world, no insurace policy will cover 'acts of war'. And I don't remember seeing even a hint of it in the movies.
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much better to just put yourself under a loan shark's thrall!

Complete Starship Construction System
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: