The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

How do you rank Jedi??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> How do you rank Jedi?? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:

That's especially true if your playing an alien force user, since most of the people you are using your powers on are more than likely going to be human.

Yeah, those modifiers for relationship can be extremely problematic for non-humans.

I recall seeing 6D or 7D in CSA being listed in an 1E WEG book to be a Jedi Knight. It was a throwaway line somewhere to try and show just what a PC would need. Of coruse, using the Force was much harder in 1E, especially prior tot he rules upgrade.
crazydanny1
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this thread is an older one, but I couldn't help weighing in.

Playing a Force-sensitive, especially during the Rebellion era, you don't have a lot of good training "aides" unless your GM is giving you a Jedi-in-hiding or a decent holocron. I've always viewed an up-and-coming Jedi as needing to be a well-rounded character. This isn't just in skills and attributes, but also in the role-playing department. Jedi need to be stoic and patient, but have a level of understanding and caring that surpasses the easy "shoot 'em all and let the Force sort 'em out" frame of mind that some players bring. A Jedi Knight should look for solutions other than fighting. I see a padawan as being impulsive and quick-to-act. That's why padawans are so often assigned to field work, so they can learn the virtues of being a Jedi. So I'd put a big part of becoming a Knight into how the player is playing the character. Yes, there are the trials, but after the Empire is established, that's going to be a hard one to accomplish for any Force-adept training to become a Knight. Still, if there's an actual "master" present, a trainee could complete a "trial" that the trainer deems as worthy of completing the actual Jedi Knight trial.

As for Master level... That's a tough one. I think a combination of skills other than Force skills, along with strong RPing, is needed. A Master must demonstrate knowledge of the Force and his surroundings, along with ability. If a PC hits Master level, unless it's worked out to be part of the campaign, I'd strongly suggest that the PC be converted to NPC status. High-ranking Force-users in the D6 setting can be game-changers, shifting the power balance away from non-Force-users very easily.

That's just my opinion.

http://swbloodlines.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Bloodlines_Wiki
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard of the 'trials' before, but don't know that much about them (not being that versed in the EU).

In my game, we've got a full-fledged Jedi Knight and his padawan. In a simplified manner, what kind of thing could the Knight set up to function as 'trials' for his padawan, do you think?
crazydanny1
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As was posted earlier, the trials from padawan to Knighthood consist of: Skill, Courage, Insight, Flesh, and Spirit. A person taking the trials must be able to apply the Jedi code in their trials, showing that they have grown enough to advance to the next level and move on without a master's guidance.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Trials

I count this as being EU-canon with deep roots in G-canon.

http://swbloodlines.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Bloodlines_Wiki
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, crazydanny1. I'm going to send that link to the players of my Jedis. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: