The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Students of the Force
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Students of the Force Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject: Students of the Force Reply with quote

I'm running a game with 2 players, both are students at Luke's Academy, and I need some ideas for story stuff that can happen on planet kinda stuff... because neither has been assigned to a master as of yet. So far it's been kind of the whole school setting, with a few classes. For the moment, it's a slow paced game, but once they become padawan, things will happen very quickly. But, story-wise, there are very few "masters" at the school right now. Any ideas for stuff that can go on? I just need some stuff to happen so I can feel a little more comfertable throwing some CPs at them. Thanks

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe just have them exploring the area around the school while they're not in class. They could get into all sorts of trouble that way.

1) discover some new/unknown cave and go exploring
2) run into some trouble-makers who are defacing school property, trying to break in, stealing something, etc. and have to stop them
3) discover a mole/spy working at the school
4) the school could get attacked and they have to either help defend it or escape/hide, maybe even help some younger students escape

All of these ideas could be legit, or just "tests" setup by the school itself.

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Kabal
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know if you've tried the new Jedi Acadamy game (FPS video game for the PC), but the beginning is a nice series of tests that you are put through, and involve the beginnings of a rivalry between the PC and another new student. Also has a decent story line. That might be one suggestion.
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have played the game, but they start off with some skill in the force and such... these guys are starting from base, and I want them to raise their skills a little bit before I send them out into the galaxy.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea about the cave... although I do want to have some danger involved in it... maybe throw in some predators or something. Or the danger could just involve navigating through it safely (crumbling floors, bottomless pits, ect...) or maybe some combination of the two.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or maybe some "bad guys" are using the cave as a hideout. This could provide a few options:

1) The PCs find the cave/hideout while the baddies are gone. They start to look around at all of the cool stuff... when suddenly the baddies come back. They could try to hide, run for it, sneak out, or fight their way out.

2) The PCs start looking around the cave/hideout and get caught by the guys guarding the place. They then have to figure out a way to escape. Or maybe they fight their way out and never even get captured.

This could even lead to a larger adventure. Maybe they have to find out what these guys are doing here and what they're up to.

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... imperial remnant forces maybe? Sith spies using the anti-force worms or massive darkside presence to cover their presence?

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any other suggestions for planet side activity? Question

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the academy situated, what planet? 8)

Peter Griffin: "Embrace The Fear." -Family Guy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yavin IV

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isin't that where Exar Kun's spirit was, you could use that to lure them into an adventure.

Peter Griffin: "Embrace The Fear." -Family Guy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather they not have to deal with darkside spirits and such at this point in time, because Exar Kun is hella leet... and as I've stated before, they are nubs...

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send them as messangers to..., broaden their range of experience. Perhaps they want to check out a seedy joint after the mission, get into some trouble, or maybe they wish to save an innocent from some drunks harrassment. Perhaps a situation arises that calls for every bodied hand to help out, including the novices. or, better yet, a situation, maybe danger arises and the novices are made to stay in protest and they sneak out to help anyway. I'm thinking they pull a Harry Potter, and investigate around their teachers' backs.

That sounds possible.

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Brandon
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, did you ever try that "Phantom of the Rodian Opera" adventure seed I came up with last fall?
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What planet?

Wanted Poster
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: